• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bought while in Vegas..now how do I use it ?

pawtastic

Reaction score
:eek: My husband fell for it more than I did but non the less we have it and cant back out..and the sales rep has not returned any of my 4 emails with asking questions..all talk while he was selling us the speal..now were on our own I guess. HELP ! How do I start..I have my little blue bag with all the books and and flyers..so much to take in, RCI, Wyndham & Share.??? I just want to know how I can use this to the best of its ability without costing a huge amount each time we want to go anywhere. Anyone got any tips...easier than reading..I'm going buggy eyed trying to look.:bawl:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Need to know what you bought

Did you buy Wyndham? Is it points or a week? Resort name will help you get accurate responses. Are you SURE you're past he rescind date? You have at least 7 days and THAT s always your best choice when dealing with a retail priced purchase.

spatenfloot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like she may have bought Worldmark with Travelshare.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you still are within the time period of rescind, find the contract you sign, type a letter to them tell them you want to rescind, follow the mail instruction (I believe is certified mail, but could be wrong), and send it out.

If you pass that period long time ago, pull the big manual (or directory), find out the resort you want to go, find out when is the earliest time to make a reservation, set a day, and call as early to the earliest time for reservation as possible. Make a long stay that will used all your points. The directory should have a phone # to call.

If you can handle internet, go to https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffr/index.do, and with your contract in hand, set up your account and try to make a reservation there, i.e. if you are stay and tour in Wyndham Las Vagas Grand Desert, or Desert Blue (or you bought into Wyndham Vacation Owner aka Fairshare Point program).

go to http://www.worldmarktheclub.com/ do the same thing, if you are not Wyndham Vacation Owner but World Mark by Wyndham owner.

Once you made one reservation, come back and try to find out tricks to make reservations on difficult time, extend your point, make reservation on last min, rent more credit or point, ... etc

Welcome to the TS world.

Jya-Ning

pawtastic

Reaction score
We bought Wyndham, deed is Gr.Desert Tower 3..and we have points.

:confused: So that is what we have...I just followed your info on the previous reply and managed after 2 calls to get a member #..as I hadnt gotten one only our contract info..so I'm now registered...LOL thats a start I guess. I have a hard time seeing the small print on the papers in my envelope..so I hope to manage this with help from you all that have been through the first time mode as I am now. We also got one free week via RCI, I read the certificate and it says to see where you want to go..call reservations and have credit card..? LOL thought it was free..? what is the added cost on that RCI free week. ? Do I have added costs also when using my points anywhere..I want to go somewhere warm..and I'm looking then to find cheap airfare to get there...out of Toronto or Buffalo is my options.
any help along the way is appriciated to all. :clap:
Heather

pawtastic

Reaction score
Bonnet Creek Florida..example

Hi again..well I was checking the site out..and did a search and found a 3 bedrm at Bonnet Creek say in Jan 09 it says 63,000 pts...for the 3 night stay...is that for each night or full time of our stay for the whole 3 bedrm ..based on say 6 adults. ? I hate to click further and end up committed..as I'd still have to find airfare to get there...just trying this out. THANK YOU for your help and answers.:rolleyes:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Nothing will be a decent substitute for reading documents you have and trying to find some understanding on your own. While folks here are great and always willing to help newbies, there is some work you're going to need to do for yourself.

garmich

Reaction score
Hi again..well I was checking the site out..and did a search and found a 3 bedrm at Bonnet Creek say in Jan 09 it says 63,000 pts...for the 3 night stay...is that for each night or full time of our stay for the whole 3 bedrm ..based on say 6 adults. ? I hate to click further and end up committed..as I'd still have to find airfare to get there...just trying this out. THANK YOU for your help and answers.:rolleyes:

Bonnet Creek is our home resort. We stayed there for two weeks in August. It's a really nice resort. You'll love it.

At Bonnet Creek, in January, a 3-BR Deluxe unit requires 28,000 points per weeknight (Sun.-Thurs. check-in), so 3 x 28,000 = 84,000. The 63,000 points that you see is a 25% discount on 84,000 points for 3 nights. Discounts are usually offered at 90 days during the slow periods. 63,000 points for three nights is the regular amount of points needed for the "value season".

For a few more points (67,800), you could get 4 nights in a 2-BR deluxe. The 2-BR has a king bed in the master bedroom, 2 double beds in the 2nd bedroom and a double sleeper sofa in the living room. This could accommodate 6 adults. And there are two bathrooms.

Gary
Bonnet Creek Resort

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score

At the reservation page, 63k is the total points need for the trip. You can go down one level before it get confirmed.

Yeah, I guess with the possibility the company will nickel and dime you, you are extreme caution. But most part of that web-site will be very safe, and designed to educate you, so try to explore them. As long as you don't touch the make reservation or RCI/II deposit and confirm there, you will be O.K.

The hard part is always trying to compose the trip together. Jan should be a good month to visit Orlando, not too long a line in the mouse house, and car rental will be cheap enough.

RCI membership is included in your club due. So it is free. But any transaction in RCI cost money. I will suggest first try to make trip using Wyndham internal reservation before try RCI.

Sounds like you get a bonus week from your developer purchase, so you need to call Wyndham, ask them about your RCI membership account number, and the Wyndham-RCI special phone number, so you can also login to RCI and look around their Last min, and Extra Vacation. bonus week do cost extra money, you can look at these week, and see if you want to spend the money or not.

Most of the time, their VC are very willing to guide you through this process. My first few years, I end up call VC if I have any confusion or difficulty. As long as you don't get to sale, you will be O.K.

Try to read the Fairshare Plus member's directory if they give you in that package. If not, you can find it after you log in "at your service"

You will want to read pp 263-285 & pp 364-367 & pp 296-298

Jya-Ning

pawtastic

Reaction score
Bonnet Creek info

Hi Gary! Thanks for the insight to the resort, now if I have the VIP status and get free upgrade..do I ask for a 2 and get a 3 closer to the date...or do I just say I'm VIP and ask for a 3 but see if its a 2 I'm paying my points for..? I think it would be nice to get my hubby and my 2 kids and there sweeties there in Jan..as a belated xmas..just a idea while I search this wealth of information I know have in my lap and at my fingertips. The Wyndham sites now that I'm registered seem straight forward enough..but who knows once I start clicking further in when it comes time to book it gets hard..or I dont get the dates.? Also can the RCI book into the Bonnet..? as I have a Free week certificate...wonder if I can use that for there ?..but then again that would be for a full week and I dont need that..as my kids and I might not be able to stay off work for the full week. Thanks again for explaining.

garmich

Reaction score
Hi Gary! Thanks for the insight to the resort, now if I have the VIP status and get free upgrade..do I ask for a 2 and get a 3 closer to the date...or do I just say I'm VIP and ask for a 3 but see if its a 2 I'm paying my points for..? I think it would be nice to get my hubby and my 2 kids and there sweeties there in Jan..as a belated xmas..just a idea while I search this wealth of information I know have in my lap and at my fingertips. The Wyndham sites now that I'm registered seem straight forward enough..but who knows once I start clicking further in when it comes time to book it gets hard..or I dont get the dates.? Also can the RCI book into the Bonnet..? as I have a Free week certificate...wonder if I can use that for there ?..but then again that would be for a full week and I dont need that..as my kids and I might not be able to stay off work for the full week. Thanks again for explaining.

Heather,

I had VIP Bonus Points, so when I went in August I was able to get a 25% discount and a room upgrade. I had a 2-BR for one week that I was able to re-book with a 25% discount. I also had a 1-BR for 3-nights, which I was able to upgrade to a 2-BR AND I got a 25% discount on top of that. This was all done 30 days before my August arrival (in July). The end of August is the "high" season, so this was possible.

At Bonnet Creek, the majority of the units are 2-BR. There are fewer 3-BR. Since you are going in January, which is high season, there is a possibility that you may be able to get a 3-BR, but I wouldn't count on it. What few 3-BR that may be available would most likely be scooped-up by other VIP's by 8am at 30-days. If you definitely want a 3-BR, you should reserve it now and take advantage of the current 25% discount. If you want to gamble, you could go with the 2-BR now, and then try for an upgrade at 30-days.

Gary

pawtastic

Reaction score
Hi Gary~ You seem to know how to work the points and gain the best results for doing your vacations. During the promo people were saying things just like that...LEARN to use it to your advantage,that there are easy " tricks" as they said..not really tricks but ways to get more for less. I will see what I can find in airfare to go down there from either Toronto or Buffalo in Jan...any cheap seats and hopefully be able to make a trip. Any ideas of good warm places that are decent and a good point value say for Jan. Would you email me direct with any help..if you had time that is..if not this is good too..I'm thankful of all input as I learn along the way.
Heather