• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking Large Bonnet Creek Units

wyatt-wyatt

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that Wyndham owners with Bonnet Creek as their home resort can book 13 months out, but that owners based at other resorts need to wait until 10 months.

If one owns at a different resort, and tries to book at exactly the beginning of the 10 month window, how difficult is it to get one of the largest rooms (such as a 3 BR Deluxe or 3/4 Bedroom Presidential) at Bonnet Creek during a popular prime week (such as Presidents day week in Feb. or Easter week in April)? In other words, do the owners based in Bonnet Creek often book up all the large units for these prime weeks before the 10 month window even rolls around?

If so, I take it the only solution is to own at Bonnet Creek?

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to call Wyndham and ask them what is still available for presidents week. It will give you an idea if you even have a shot. In the past they have been able to tell me what is available in the ARP period even if I couldn't book it.

Jason

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd call as well and just see whats available within 10 .months. We're inside of 10 months for Thanksgiving and Christmas already

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Bonnet Creek has a better chance than any other resort in Wyndham due to the higher number of 3 and 4 BR units. However they are in very high demand units. Add a holiday in there and it could be even worse.

I would have to do some research to even hazard a more accurate guess.

WeLovetoTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used my ARP to book 10 nights in a 3BR pres for the xmas/newyear holiday. I got the last unit for xmas week. My guess is that a lot of the mega-owners snatch the big units up and try to rent them for holidays.
-Deb

Aaron Kristen

Reaction score
We will be at WBC april 14-28, 2brdm deluxe.
It will be our first family trip to Florida and we are all extremely excited.
Afterlooking at the floor plans, we are now thinking that a 3bdrm may have been a more appropriate selection, than the 2bdrm. just a better way to keep the kids apart, less fighting!!!

Does anyone have any experience with upgrading their room, at the time of check in? or is this just an unrealistic dream?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
good luck.

The resort cannot upgrade you except in the rarest of circumstances. None of those would allow you to upgrade for two weeks straight.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
good luck.

The resort cannot upgrade you except in the rarest of circumstances. None of those would allow you to upgrade for two weeks straight.

I and/or my guests have received upgrades when their are back to back reservations of different unit sizes, the upgrade was to the bigger room size. I would assume this would be done based on availabilty.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I just did a search at Bonnet Creek for all units, one week starting on November 17, plus or minus one day. NOTHING. No units of any size.

Same search for December 22 yields only some 1 and 2BR units and one 3BR Pres unit starting Dec 21.

Last edited:

Aaron Kristen

Reaction score
Obviously if they are full, an upgrade is unrealistic.
I have also done the search, and not showing anything available for all of april or may.
however i know more of the 3bdrm delux units have the fireworks view vs the 3bdrm units. so i may be wishful thinking to move from a 2 to a 3bdrm, but we will see based on availability.
only 24 more sleeps

GeorgeInNePa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Obviously if they are full, an upgrade is unrealistic.
I have also done the search, and not showing anything available for all of april or may.
however i know more of the 3bdrm delux units have the fireworks view vs the 3bdrm units. so i may be wishful thinking to move from a 2 to a 3bdrm, but we will see based on availability.
only 24 more sleeps

What's the difference between a 3 bedroom and a 3 bedroom deluxe?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just did a search at Bonnet Creek for all units, one week starting on November 17, plus or minus one day. NOTHING. No units of any size.

Same search for December 22 yields only some 1 and 2BR units and one 3BR Pres unit starting Dec 21.
Thanksgiving goes very quickly at Bonnet thanks to a quirk in the Wyndham point charts for area resorts. The two "new" resorts are in a lower season than the three "older" resorts, and end up being less expensive point-wise. Note: this can sometimes happen when Easter falls late as well.

Christmas is probably more representative, but even there we are several weeks into the 10-month window, and more could have been available.

Aaron Kristen

Reaction score
well i don't think you can go wrong with either 3bdrm.
From what i can decipher on tripadvisor, dis, and tugg, the 2bdrm units generally have a better view of the fireworks. So i am hoping i can upgrade if at all possible to keep my sanity with the kids who i know will be scrapping. God forbid they'd have to share a room. grr

disneygirl77

Reaction score
I am curious about this same thing. I don't necessarily need huge units but I am wondering what is available at Bonnet Creek if I buy into another resort and can only book at the 10 month window. I would be looking for most likely a summer week. Maybe the last week of June as a reference.

Will I be disappointed consistently if I subscribe to the a point is a point theory and want to get bonnet creek for summer?

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... Will I be disappointed consistently if I subscribe to the a point is a point theory and want to get bonnet creek for summer?

It is my belief that a Wyndham point is not a Wyndham point, please consult the members directory and other threads were this issue is discussed. I also believe you will be very much disappointed over time if you buy into this theory at Bonnet Creek or anywhere else for that matter.

Last edited:

disneygirl77

Reaction score
Yes I am going to be doing a lot more research before buying anything! I was kind of jumping the gun at first and putting lows bids in on ebay but I was always outbid anyway. I was thinking at the time that I could live with a low bid and what the MFs were even if I wasn't completely in love with the home resort.

But... the more reading I do the more I am not sure I subsribe to the point is a point theory either. So in a way I am relieved I was outbid for now until I can figure it out a bit more. I own another TS system but this is different and even though I am anxious to make a purchase I should just wait!

I am not sure what threads I should be looking at to determine what my risk is of not being able to reserve desired places at the 10 month mark. I feel like I don't have a good handle on whether I would be able to get the unit I want when I want. I don't expect to get what I want all the time and I know that is not realistic with any TS anyway. But I am trying to figure how often I may or may not get my desired resort when I want it.

My desired trips would probably be Bonnet Creek to supplement my on site Disney trips, a beach resort from time to time, maybe Washington DC area as my kids are getting a little older now and are ready to see more of the country.

Wish I had a crystal ball!!!

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am curious about this same thing. I don't necessarily need huge units but I am wondering what is available at Bonnet Creek if I buy into another resort and can only book at the 10 month window. I would be looking for most likely a summer week. Maybe the last week of June as a reference.

Will I be disappointed consistently if I subscribe to the a point is a point theory and want to get bonnet creek for summer?

Summer week at Bonnet Creek should be doable at 10 months, as are probably 95% of reservations. Exceptions to this are special event weeks like Mardi Gras in NOLA and large units at Bonnet Creek at Thanksgiving and Christmas week.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be looking for most likely a summer week. Maybe the last week of June as a reference.

It is my belief that a Wyndham point is not a Wyndham point, please consult the members directory and other threads were this issue is discussed. I also believe you will be very much disappointed over time if you buy into this theory at Bonnet Creek or anywhere else for that matter.
It is true that ARP can matter in some situations, but this seriously over-states the case. The last full week of June still has 2BR and 3BR availability at Bonnet, I just looked it up the other day. Here's what is there right now, a mere three months prior to check-in:

06/22/2012 7 1 Bdrm Pres Res Suite 224,000 N/A
06/22/2012 7 1 Bedroom Deluxe 166,000 N/A
06/22/2012 7 1 Bedroom Presidential 224,000 N/A
06/22/2012 7 2 Bedroom Deluxe 224,000 N/A
06/23/2012 7 1 Bedroom Deluxe 166,000 N/A
06/23/2012 7 1 Bedroom Presidential 224,000 N/A
06/23/2012 7 2 Bdrm Pres Res Suite 308,000 N/A
06/23/2012 7 2 Bedroom Deluxe 224,000 N/A
06/23/2012 7 3 Bedroom Deluxe 308,000 N/A
06/24/2012 7 2 Bedroom Deluxe 224,000 N/A

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a 4 bedroom presidential at the 10 month mark in August. I kept checking for weeks after just to see what availability would be, and it looks like you could even get a 4 bedroom in the summer at about 8 months if you are lucky. 10 was definitely not a problem for me, though.