• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet and Disney Advice

LDBEH

Reaction score
It has been about 3 years since we took the kids to Disney and we had better get one more round in before they get to old to want to go with us! I know that things have changed at both Bonnet and Disney as far as procedures, tickets, parking/bus. We are planning to head down again at the end of the school year and just got reservations for the end of May. Can any Tuggers shed some light on these changes and give me some advice in preparation for next year.

Tickets to Disney - last time I got tickets through Bonnet at a discount (not much) for 5 day passes while we were there. Is this still available and if so any ideas of the discount I can expect from them?

Bus to the parks - I know that there is now a charge to take the bus to the different parks...do you get one for your entire stay or by the day...how much?

Updates - some of the towers have been recently updated - a bit of help suggesting which tower to request

Fast Pass - my days of hustling around the park to secure my kids favorite ride passes I hear has come to an end (bummer) Do non Disney resort guests get to select any passes for their stay...ahead of time?

Just trying to get a head start and get the passes for the kids for Christmas presents this year.

Thanks

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't comment on WBC, but at WDW more has changed than I could list. I'd recommend taking a look at easyWDW.com and yourfirstvisit.net for good overviews and the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World if you want to get in-depth.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tickets: buy from a ticket broker. Find the best prices here http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator

Bus: I always drive from Bonnet. If I'm having drinks at Epcot, I'd rather take a cab/Uber than the bus.

Towers: I think all but the very newest (six) have been renovated recently.

FastPass: see above comments re: yourfirstvisit/easywdw. You can book up to 30 days prior to your visit, but you must have purchased your tickets and have them in hand first.

WeLovetoTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
To answer your question about tickets:BC does still sell discount tickets, but I am not sure of the cost. When I was checking prices last year, Undercover Tourist was cheaper. We ordered through Undercover Tourist. There is a lot of useful info on MouseSavers.com. If you buy Disney tickets ahead of time and go online to Disneyworld.go.disney.com you can establish an account, link the tickets and choose your fast passes ahead of time. You can choose 3 fast passes per day, and can book them 30 days in advance. You can also book Character dining in advance.

As far as using the BC shuttle, in my opinion it's not worth it for a family. It costs it's $8 per person per round trip EACH day! Disney Parking if you drive in yourself is $17 per day.

As far as a building request, my family prefers 5 or 6. The kids like those pools and lazy river the best. BC is renovating building 6 right now.

Hope this helps you a bit.
-Deb

iaminak

Reaction score
When I was checking prices last year, Undercover Tourist was cheaper. We ordered through Undercover Tourist.

As far as using the BC shuttle, in my opinion it's not worth it for a family. It costs it's $8 per person per round trip EACH day! Disney Parking if you drive in yourself is $17 per day.

I also bought from Undercover Tourist last year as it was the cheapest for 5 day passes that I could find.

Not only is the shuttle $8/person/trip, it also only comes and goes at certain times so you are really limited. It was much easier and cost effective for us to just drive everyday and pay the $17 to Disney to park.

LDBEH

Reaction score
Thanks

Appreciate all the tips and the websites to check for info about the changes at Disney. Still lots of time to prepare but wanted to get the consensus from people staying at Bonnet from here first.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Try AAA for discount tickets if you are a member.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fast Pass - my days of hustling around the park to secure my kids favorite ride passes I hear has come to an end (bummer) Do non Disney resort guests get to select any passes for their stay...ahead of time?

If you order from an outside broker, you can make 3 FastPass reservations per day starting at midnight 30 days before you plan to go on the My Disney Experience site. If you are staying on Disney, it is 60 days.

Just add all of your family members and link your tickets to do that.

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
read up on magic bands for electronic fast passes and other fun things that mickey geek has come up with :)

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Any word on when Tower 3 was last renovated?

We're told the upper floors at Tower 3 has some of the best views (if you're hoping for both lake views and fireworks views).

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any word on when Tower 3 was last renovated?

We're told the upper floors at Tower 3 has some of the best views (if you're hoping for both lake views and fireworks views).

Not sure about tower 3, but in Tower 2 lakeside, we had views of Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Magic Kingdom fireworks - like an hour and a half of fireworks! Amazing.

The unit wasn't renovated, but it was wonderful :)

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tower 3 is next to the Wyndham Grand Hotel. On the opposite side of the Wyndham Grand is Tower 6.

www.disboards.com has a huge multi part thread for Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. This is the link to the thread http://www.disboards.com/threads/the-we-loooooove-bonnet-creek-thread-part-4.3366139/ Go to Part 1 ( the original thread) to view the resort map for buildings and to read about room floors, buildings and views. Disboards is one of the very best boards for all things Disney. Walt Disney World Resort hotels, nearby good neighbor property info., restaurants, ticket prices, entertainment, etc...

Another two websites I like for info. are www.allearsnet.com and www.mousesavers.com

Planning ahead is a great choice before going to Disney and the Greater Orlando area.

Cynthia T. :)

Last edited:

LDBEH

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info

Appreciate all of the advice and information about Disney and Bonnet!

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
Here this week, seventh floor tower one, backside. It appears that Wyndham sales has the 4 br presidential suite reserved for display. Room is available for viewing all day. Lots of us used the balcony to watch the fireworks display.

Also pool at tower six is closed for renovation along with the tower.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Also pool at tower six is closed for renovation along with the tower.

Bummer; isn't that the main pool area?

Any word on when it will re-open?

WeLovetoTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are 5 pools at Bonnett Creek, so you will still be able to enjoy the water during building 6 renovations.