• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boating on Upper Dells portion of the Wisconsin river lanch area?

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does any one know were there is a public lanch with good parking for the Upper Dells portion of the Wisconsin river.

We may go to CMV this Labor Day weekend on Saturday and take either our deck boat or our smaller twin engine jet boat and play on the river.

Thanks in advance for all replys.

Bruce :D

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I ansered this on anoither board, but will add this caveat - we haven't used this for a long time.
Go into downtown Dells, turn left at light by Nig's, near the Riverwalk hotel is a public boat launch with public parking across the street.
There may be a charge on the honor system, but I am not sure.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply in regards to the boat launch.

Willowbrook

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Christmas Mountain UDI Timbers
Because of high water, we were on the alternate boat dock when we took a Dells Jet Boat ride in June. The public ramp is right around this other dock as described above. It looked open and I recall someone dropping their boat in, even with the high levels. I also recall a fee box on a sign if I remember correctly. The other two places would be Holiday Shores.

I think the public ramp for the Lower Dells is not too far from the Drive-In, but only saw the sign. Castle Rock has plenty of places to launch as well.

Weather looks to be beatiful. Have a good time Bruce.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because of high water, we were on the alternate boat dock when we took a Dells Jet Boat ride in June. The public ramp is right around this other dock as described above. It looked open and I recall someone dropping their boat in, even with the high levels. I also recall a fee box on a sign if I remember correctly. The other two places would be Holiday Shores.

I think the public ramp for the Lower Dells is not too far from the Drive-In, but only saw the sign. Castle Rock has plenty of places to launch as well.

Weather looks to be beatiful. Have a good time Bruce.

Thanks, I see if Judy wants to go. She had school today.

We used to stay at Castle Rock Park over 30 years ago and would fish the spring for Walleyes with rappala's on the Yellow rRver near the Buckhorn Bridge.

That area is on the North west corner of the Castle Rock flowage. In 1975 we had bought a leftover 19 Cruisers Inc Cuddy cabin with a 115 HP Merc and put in in Oct on Hy 21 and boated all the way down to the Castle Rock flowage and back. The colors were neat.

We just bought these boats this August and have been spending time rerigging them up. The smaller 15 foot jet may be the way to go on the river as I would not have to worry about props and with twin 85HP engines it will do about :cheer: 50 MPH or a bit better with only 2 people.

Our home Lake has a 45 MPH speed limit. The Deck boat will do 38 to 46 MHP :cheer: depending on how many are in the boat.