• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen vacation

Xlee17

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen villa wisconsin dells
I’m trying to sell my recently bought on June 6,2024 timeshare with Bluegreen vacation. I have not made my 1st payment since it’s due July 1, 2024. Looking to see where I can sell it ASAP without any hidden fees, and what’s the process or link. Help???

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you can not sell a timeshare that still has a loan/mortgage on it. Nearly all timeshares have zero resale value and get given away, often with incentives. Have you read all the info under the Help and Advice section (in the blue banner at the top of this page)? The time to get out of your deal and get a full refund was within the legal rescind period which is 5-10 days after signing, depending on what state you purchased it in. All that info should be in your info paperwork you were given when you purchased. It is often near the page with all the signatures on it.
Your alternative is to learn how to use your purchase by reading all the info on this website and in the forums and enjoy some great vacations.

~Diane

Xlee17

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you can not sell a timeshare that still has a loan/mortgage on it. Nearly all timeshares have zero resale value and get given away, often with incentives. Have you read all the info under the Help and Advice section (in the blue banner at the top of this page)? The time to get out of your deal and get a full refund was within the legal rescind period which is 5-10 days after signing, depending on what state you purchased it in. All that info should be in your info paperwork you were given when you purchased. It is often near the page with all the signatures on it.
Your alternative is to learn how to use your purchase by reading all the info on this website and in the forums and enjoy some great vacations.

~Diane
I’m already in a financial crisis atm after I got this because my spouse decide to bail out on me. I’m trying to sell my timeshare even if I have to pay the regular monthly fee I’m ok with that just not it’s maintenance fee or club fee, although my contract state they will waive 6 months of that for me.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I’m already in a financial crisis atm after I got this because my spouse decide to bail out on me. I’m trying to sell my timeshare even if I have to pay the regular monthly fee I’m ok with that just not it’s maintenance fee or club fee, although my contract state they will waive 6 months of that for me.
As I said there can be no mortgage/loan left on the timeshare and the current year maintenance fee needs to be up to date to even give it away. So pay that off then you can try selling it (for a few dollars?) in the marketplace section, or post it in the free giveaways section of these forums.

~Diane

Edit to add, I just had a quick peak at the Marketplace adds for Bluegreen Christmas Mountain Village and there are some listed for $100. and up to over $1000. depending on week and number of points.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sad, unvarnished truth is that no one will buy a TS with an outstanding loan. Bluegreen won't take your name off the loan. They will tell you the same as I will. You had several days after you signed that contract to rescind- as in put affairs back to before you bought- and you didn't take advantage of the time the state made sure you had that right. I'll bet you even initialed that you read and understood your rights.

You saw value in this purchase and signed the contract. Nothing has changed. We have all made decisions that perhaps later we would have done differently. As a young man, I married too young, enlisted in the U.S. Army, and went to war. I hope your decision will not cause lifelong consequences like mine did.

At this stage, I will advise you that the best way out is to buckle down, work more hours or get a second job, and pay off the loan that you took out. After that's done, you can sell the BG week, or use it as you envisioned for great vacations.

I wish you well!

Jim

Last edited:

Xlee17

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The sad, unvarnished truth is that no one will buy a TS with an outstanding loan. Bluegreen won't take your name off the loan. They will tell you the same as I will. You had several days after you signed that contract to rescind- as in put affairs back to before you bought- and you didn't take advantage of the time the state made sure you had that right. I'll bet you even initialed that you read and understood your rights.

You saw value in this purchase and signed the contract. Nothing has changed. We have all made decisions that perhaps later we would have done differently. As a young man, I married too young, enlisted in the U.S. Army, and went to war. I hope your decision will not cause lifelong consequences like mine did.

At this stage, I will advise you that the best way 'pig's is to buckle down, work more hours of game a second job, and pay off the loan that you took out. After that's done, you can sell the BG week, or use it as you envisioned for great vacations.

I wish you well!

Jim
Thank you, I did advised to them that even when they gave me the paper to filled out why is it suddenly our fault for not reading through esp. will 2 kids in my lap & they couldn’t give me 5 mins to read through rather just point out where I needed to signed. I wonder if they have a deed to take back their timeshare and if not I’d definitely would sell it after it’s pay off just because it’s maintenance fee can change drastically.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
You can’t sell it. It’s not possible under your circumstances. If you can’t afford it you can default. They’ll eventually foreclose after sending lots of scary letters and you will likely face a credit hit. The credit hit isn’t the end of the world and if you can’t afford it, you can’t afford it, so it’s not worth stressing over.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
The ugly truth is that they almost certainly sold you something that is worth far less than you owe.

I am sorry for your situation and this bbs is full of people who were similarly swindled. If the assessment of myself and others is correct, you can either make lemonaid out of a lemon and pay for and use and enjoy your ownership, or you can default and take the credit hit.

Since we don't know how much you owe or what the ownership is, it is hard to evaluate just how bad you situation is. If i owed 30k on a timeshare worth a few hunded bucks, i would likely default - especially if I have made no payments. If I owed 5k and it was worth 1k i would suck it up and get it paid off. But that is me.

If it is really bad, and you have not made a payment, and you are considering defaulting, it would be worth contacting them and telling them you have no plans to pay now that you understand your situation. Perhaps they will take some "blood money/a fee" to take it back.