• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen "Owners update"

jgreene7788

Reaction score
So we bought that "sampler package" for $2500 a few months ago. Had to go to a "training" session which they did tell us about up front and comped our 3 night stay. Surprise, another 2 hour sales squeeze we said no. Upon checking in using bonus time this time the lady said we were required to attend a one time "owners update" under the sampler package terms or get charged a $250 resort fee. So we went to the 2 hour sales squeeze again, identical to the last one, said no. My question is are you required to attend these every so often if you are a full owner? I never want to be in that environment again to be honest. Thanks y'all.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Any time you are getting a promotional offer (free nights, other gift) you will be required to attend. You didn't make it clear when you bought the sampler package. Was it at the end of a sales presentation? If so, why did you attend that sales presentation? Just curious. As for having to attend a presentation when on a sampler package, that is generally how they work. Most timeshare systems wil entice you to attend a presentation by offering a gift (perhaps a gift card or attraction tickets). If you don't buy, they will try to get you to buy some other package that gives you a certain number of points or nights to come back to the resort or one of the other resorts. When you come back, you are required to attend another presentation.

If you are just visiting the resort using points or weeks you own, you are under no obligation to attend a presentation.

jgreene7788

Reaction score
Any time you are getting a promotional offer (free nights, other gift) you will be required to attend. You didn't make it clear when you bought the sampler package. Was it at the end of a sales presentation? If so, why did you attend that sales presentation? Just curious. As for having to attend a presentation when on a sampler package, that is generally how they work. Most timeshare systems wil entice you to attend a presentation by offering a gift (perhaps a gift card or attraction tickets). If you don't buy, they will try to get you to buy some other package that gives you a certain number of points or nights to come back to the resort or one of the other resorts. When you come back, you are required to attend another presentation.

If you are just visiting the resort using points or weeks you own, you are under no obligation to attend a presentation.
Yea sorry. We bought the $199 3 night stay thing at Bass Pro with gift cards to attend the presentation. It was during the sales presentation we bought the 2 year sampler package. Ok, thanks. that's really all I was concerned about. I just don't want to be forced to do that again. They can keep their gifts. The salesman gave me a signed piece of paper saying I've fulfilled my obligations under the sampler package, and said we wouldn't have to attend again under that. We shall see.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yea sorry. We bought the $199 3 night stay thing at Bass Pro with gift cards to attend the presentation. It was during the sales presentation we bought the 2 year sampler package. Ok, thanks. that's really all I was concerned about. I just don't want to be forced to do that again. They can keep their gifts. The salesman gave me a signed piece of paper saying I've fulfilled my obligations under the sampler package, and said we wouldn't have to attend again under that. We shall see.
Yeah, both of your stays would have required the presentation. No way out of it without paying a penalty. As long as you attended the presentation then you don't need to go again even if you still have some use left on the sampler. Anytime you go to a timeshare, even if you pay cash, they will try to get you to go to a presentation. It isn't required unless the terms of the deal you signed up for require it.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
Yea, once you own, or if you rent / exchange / cash deal via RCI or II, you can just say no to the presentation on checkin. Some will make it more or less hard to say no, but you can do it.