• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Blue Bell Ice Cream

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have Blue Bell ice cream return to your grocery freeze shelves ? No Blue Bell ice cream in Virginia grocery stores.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have Blue Bell ice cream return to your grocery freeze shelves ? No Blue Bell ice cream in Virginia grocery stores.

Nope, and we had just gotten it in Vegas with much fanfare. All good, I have discovered Tillamook.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
All good, I have discovered Tillamook.

Ssshh! Don't tell anyone. The best ice cream ever. It's our secret! ;)

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I have seen their TV ads and always wondered how it tastes :)

Tillamook is a town on the Oregon coast, in an area of open countryside, with a cooperative dairy operation. They have a cheese factory that is open for tours, and free samples. ;) Their ice cream is rich and creamy, but isn't too sweet. Comes in many flavors, and it's awfully good. I think I have three flavors in my freezer right now. Yum!

Dave

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best We've Found Yet

I have seen their TV ads and always wondered how it tastes :)

I've always been a big fan of Safeway ice cream until I found Tillamook on a vacation to Oregon. Years ago you only were able to get it at Tillamook where it was made or in the Oregon stores. Now we see it everywhere. I would have to say it tops all others that we have had with the exception of Frozen Custard back East (not what Dreyers is making).
Frozen custard,especially at Andy's in Branson just puts you into another level of a frozen treat. It is not ice cream but the only way I can describe it is the next level of ice cream in richness and a step up.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
It might be sacrilegious for a Texan to say this in a thread about Blue Bell, but NOTHING beats Lappert's Kauai Pie. One of the highlights of our trips to Hawaii. It's expensive, but it's worth it.

Andy's Frozen Custard and Ted Drewes in St. Louis are both awesome, too.

Of course I like Blue Bell, too. I'll definitely have to try Tillamook if I see it anywhere.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tillamook is a town on the Oregon coast, in an area of open countryside, with a cooperative dairy operation. They have a cheese factory that is open for tours, and free samples. ;) Their ice cream is rich and creamy, but isn't too sweet. Comes in many flavors, and it's awfully good. I think I have three flavors in my freezer right now. Yum!

Dave

Wow. Sounds good, Tillamook is not sold in Commonwealth of Virginia.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Nope, and we had just gotten it in Vegas with much fanfare. All good, I have discovered Tillamook.

This past July my son and his family and my wife and I spent a long weekend at a cabin in Rockaway Beach, Oregon.

We did a day-trip a few miles south to Tillamook, OR and visited the Tillamook Cheese Factory. What an amazing experience!

It was fun to learn about the 4 varieties of cows used in the Tillamook Valley to produce milk and I was fascinated by the tour of the Cheese Factory and seeing the automated machinery that is used to make and package the different types of cheeses and Ice Creams.

Tillamook has a large store in the factory and they have a sample-station set up for you to sample many varieties of cheeses (some with multiple "Age" dates). Truly a taste-bud treat.

One of the highlights of the tour was buying some fresh ice cream, made that day from fresh cream and never frozen. I tried Marion Berry for the first time and loved the flavor. Wow, what a difference to taste Fresh Ice Cream!

If you visit the Oregon Coast, and you like cheese and Ice Cream, I highly recommend doing a tour of the Tillamook Cheese Factory. For more info see,
https://www.tillamook.com/cheese-factory/index.html

Richard

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on the irresponsible way they handled the contamination issue Blue Bell should be banned forever. What they did is criminal.

George

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on the irresponsible way they handled the contamination issue Blue Bell should be banned forever. What they did is criminal.

George

Can you please explain your comments. I for one do not live in the state of Texas and do not know all the details how Blue Bell top management handled the contamination issues. What did they do that was so criminal ?

DEScottzz

TUG Member
Reaction score
By the way, if you call up the link to see the title of the article, then Google the title, you can read the entire article without being a subscriber.

Some people might say that doing so is unethical, but it's WSJ's choice to let the search engines see the article, so they must see a benefit to leaving it open for some folks to see without subscribing.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

George

They clearly had serious problems - but I don't see what was criminal?

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
By the way, if you call up the link to see the title of the article, then Google the title, you can read the entire article without being a subscriber.

Some people might say that doing so is unethical, but it's WSJ's choice to let the search engines see the article, so they must see a benefit to leaving it open for some folks to see without subscribing.

Thanks for the heads up.

Richard

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you please explain your comments. I for one do not live in the state of Texas and do not know all the details how Blue Bell top management handled the contamination issues. What did they do that was so criminal ?

They knew about the problem and waited almost 3 years to come clean. In the interim people died. To me that is criminal.

George

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score

I googled Blue Bell and Listeria contamination and that link came up. I was able to read the entire article. So thanks for the clarification.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
They clearly had serious problems - but I don't see what was criminal?

Knowing about the problem for years; doing nothing about it; continuing to sell contaminated product; and deaths as a result of their deliberate inaction meets my definition of criminal.

George

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
They knew about the problem and waited almost 3 years to come clean. In the interim people died. To me that is criminal.

George

Thanks, now I understand why you feel this way.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I will eat Blue Bell ice cream again, but I don't plan to buy it any more on a regular basis. People died as a result of the way they manufactured their product, and that is hard to forget.

Stressy

TUG Member
Reaction score
This past July my son and his family and my wife and I spent a long weekend at a cabin in Rockaway Beach, Oregon.

We did a day-trip a few miles south to Tillamook, OR and visited the Tillamook Cheese Factory. What an amazing experience!

It was fun to learn about the 4 varieties of cows used in the Tillamook Valley to produce milk and I was fascinated by the tour of the Cheese Factory and seeing the automated machinery that is used to make and package the different types of cheeses and Ice Creams.

Tillamook has a large store in the factory and they have a sample-station set up for you to sample many varieties of cheeses (some with multiple "Age" dates). Truly a taste-bud treat.

One of the highlights of the tour was buying some fresh ice cream, made that day from fresh cream and never frozen. I tried Marion Berry for the first time and loved the flavor. Wow, what a difference to taste Fresh Ice Cream!

If you visit the Oregon Coast, and you like cheese and Ice Cream, I highly recommend doing a tour of the Tillamook Cheese Factory. For more info see,
https://www.tillamook.com/cheese-factory/index.html

Richard

Ohhh...Tillamook. Marionberry Pie is where I got my start. It's a gateway ice cream. Next thing you know, you will be eating Salted Butterscotch and Chocolate Peanut Butter. Cost be damned! Lucky I live in California and near a Winco. I can get my fix whenever I am willing to drive there. Mmmm.

Adding I've never felt this way about over the counter ice cream before...it's honestly spectacular and everything you expect if you are gong to sit down and belly up to a bowl of ice cream. It better be worth it. and it is! When they say creamy...they mean it.

Last edited:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You know there is a Lappert's in Las Vegas, right? Downtown in the "Hawaiian Hotel," the Californian.

Fern

It might be sacrilegious for a Texan to say this in a thread about Blue Bell, but NOTHING beats Lappert's Kauai Pie. One of the highlights of our trips to Hawaii. It's expensive, but it's worth it.

Andy's Frozen Custard and Ted Drewes in St. Louis are both awesome, too.

Of course I like Blue Bell, too. I'll definitely have to try Tillamook if I see it anywhere.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
After reading this thread last week, we found some Tillamook ice cream and decided to try it. Very creamy and tasty. We are now fans. Thanks for the tip.

On another note, we learned that the Costco in Summerlin area in Las Vegas is no longer selling gelato in the food court. That was a great deal. I asked about it and was told they weren't making money on it. My response was "you're not suppose to, it's a loss leader." I was smiling at the time. I wish they would have just raised the price a bit. I wonder if they have stopped selling it at all stores that offered it or just this one. Bummer either way.

Mike

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ohhh...Tillamook. Marionberry Pie is where I got my start. It's a gateway ice cream. Next thing you know, you will be eating Salted Butterscotch and Chocolate Peanut Butter. Cost be damned! Lucky I live in California and near a Winco. I can get my fix whenever I am willing to drive there. Mmmm.

Adding I've never felt this way about over the counter ice cream before...it's honestly spectacular and everything you expect if you are gong to sit down and belly up to a bowl of ice cream. It better be worth it. and it is! When they say creamy...they mean it.

Oregon Hazelnut and Salted Caramel. I regularly put my blood sugar at risk for this.