• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best/Worst Buildings at Pinon Pointe?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did exactly that, thanks. We paired the Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte Trails with a visit to the Holy Cross church on the mountain. It was a beautiful day

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The unit with the best view that I've stayed in is 621.

The 1 BR view (from patio) is in the opposite direction from the view (if any) in the efficiency.

Bldgs 1-5: the efficiencies face inward towards the pool and the 1 BR face east towards the mountains. The top floor units may have a nice view at the horizon but parking lot below. Some of the first floor units have a concrete wall between them and the parking lot.
Bldgs 6 and 7: the 1 BR faces south and the efficiencies face north towards the antenna tower and fire station. ! BR on the upper floors may have a decent view. 621 had a beautiful view (from the 1 BR patio). View attachment 59683
Bldgs 8 to 10: the 1 BR faces inward toward the pool. The lower units may face a landscaped hill. The efficiencies face west or south west and may have a decent horizon view (with parking below). The upper units have a nicer view.
Bldgs 11 and 12: the 1 BR faces SW and generally have a decent view (albeit with parking directly below). The efficiency looks toward the pool area but the lower units are below grade and look at a landscaped hill.

If you look at the resort map, you'll see the phase 1 units has kind of a graphic bump out that indicates where the 1 BR patio is located. I don't recall the orientation of the phase 2 units.

The best way to figure out the view is using a resort map and then maps.google.com, satellite view, and then use the controls to look at the horizon with the unit below.
I own Unit 431 over the Christmas Week each year. The view is very similar to what @BJRSanDiego has posted here. I agree that the most desirable units are those in buildings 1-5 facing Hiway 89A. If you can land a unit on the 2nd or 3rd floors, you'll have a large balcony where you can enjoy your morning coffee or evening glass of wine accompanied by this spectacular view. Enjoy!

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks all. I requested a room based on the recommendations in this thread. They gave us building 4 second floor unit which had a terrific view. Our only regret was that the weather was still quite cold in late March so we couldn't sit on the balcony for long. I also liked the proximity to the hot tubs and activity center.

Are there any studios that don't look at a hill? We had a studio as part of the lockoff and it seemed dark.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks all. I requested a room based on the recommendations in this thread. They gave us building 4 second floor unit which had a terrific view. Our only regret was that the weather was still quite cold in late March so we couldn't sit on the balcony for long. I also liked the proximity to the hot tubs and activity center.

Are there any studios that don't look at a hill? We had a studio as part of the lockoff and it seemed dark.
Great question. It may be different in later-built parts of the resort, but in Buildings 1-5, unfortunately, the studio section of the lockoff does not have access to the views of the red rocks, which are limited to the living room and master bedroom in the larger section of the lockoff.

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
Here is the scoop. Phase one is built around pool. and entrance, Phase two is off to the side.

Phase 1
3 sides
Side facing over parking lot to restaurants.
Building 1 is close to elevator
Building 2 setup as handicap
Building 3,4,5........fabulous location, easy entry, pool level.......always reguest third floor 331,332,431,432, 531, 532
Buildings 6, 7 back of property only two floors, 2 bedroom face Towers(not so good)
Building 12,11,10,9,8 only two floor. Building 12, 11, 10 IMHO are also pool level. Building 11 and 12 have easy access to 2 bedrooms for 1222/1221,1122,1121
Building 13 and 14 has different approaches, view them before purchasing, lower units in gully(hole)
Phase 2
Unit 1722, 1922, 1822 have most unobstructed views of Phase 2, requires many steps.

Larry

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
@Colorado Ski, good summary. I would add that if one can’t get the 3rd floor of buildings 1-5 than the 2nd floor is a good option for the view of the red rock.

We have come to love this resort given the features and the central location to experience all that Sedona has to offer.

Best regards.

Mike

raoden

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of replies regarding the view and being in the "hole". They are super useful and thanks for the people who posted them.

Does anyone know if the Phase 1 units are better or should we attempt to get a Phase 2 unit? I see that the phase 1 units were recently renovated. So does that make them better automatically?

Also how does one place a request for units? I put in a request via the Hyatt owner's website (I own at coconut plantation) when I made the reservation. Is it also useful to call the front desk of the property?

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Also how does one place a request for units? I put in a request via the Hyatt owner's website (I own at coconut plantation) when I made the reservation. Is it also useful to call the front desk of the property?

You can request all you want. Typically the nicest units are going to be owner occupied. There are many people who purchased there because they love Sedona. I would go there expecting to get one of the units in the back. It hardly matters because Sedona is such an outside destination. Time spent at the room is time not spent in Sedona, Cottonwood, Jerome, and Montezuma's Castle.

There's a wine tasting bar on the other side of 89A. That's where the best view is located.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
There are a lot of replies regarding the view and being in the "hole". They are super useful and thanks for the people who posted them.

Does anyone know if the Phase 1 units are better or should we attempt to get a Phase 2 unit? I see that the phase 1 units were recently renovated. So does that make them better automatically?

Definitely call the resort to reiterate your requests. We like the units in both phases, but Phase 1 units are closer to the pool.

Best regards.

Mike

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I stayed there via exchange and liked it so much I purchased. I've never had a "Bad" unit. Plus we really only sleep there. There is to much to do and see.

Last edited:

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
Hyatt Pinon Point Members........as you all realize that election of board members is every year at Pinon Point. Both Dwight and Chuck are owners but all the rest are Marriot Employees.
Sort of the fox watching the hen house. I have run for board over many years and of course the Marriot has a block on all elections because of its portfolio/developer owners contingency.
Many other properties have a strong ownership participation in the elections because they have developed an owner email group to exchange thoughts and to also campaign to place owners on boards. Of course the owners emails are not shared with other owners because of Hyatts concern that we would influence elections like at Aspen, Hyatt Mountain Lodge, High Sierra, Carmel, etc.

I need help from owners to establish email lists of owners so that we can keep owners informed. I would also like to establish a facebook page of owners so that we can communicate through that media. We can share units for rent or sale. Offer info on discount opportunities at different venues/restaurants in town.

I live in Sedona and would like to get feedback, owners email addresses etc to start to establish an owners way to communicate so at next years election we have the block and can replace the Fox guarding the hen house.

Please reachout to Larry Tasman 941-544-9676 via text