• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BEST Trader--PLEASE RESPOND!!!

jyager

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a third timeshare resale, strictly to use for trading purposes. I thought it would be very helpful if we could get a lot of responses and a longggggggggg thread. This could be very helpful to other Tuggers in the future. The only criteria would be that it is a resale, reasonable priced(???), and reasonable maitenance fees(???). Please respond if you have any suggestions. I can clarify the price and maitenance fees if necessary. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW---if we all could buy at that place---we'd have it made wouldn't we?

I see that you are a Member, so I would think that if you visit often you would have seen different ways of your question having been posed here before.

The general concensus has been to buy where you may wish to go quite often.

BUT, if you want a unit to trade, buy in a low supply/high demand situation.

Summer beach weeks, Cape Cod, Southern California, etc have all been advised OFTEN here.

Have you seen this advice before here?
Pat

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Colorado ski weeks are great traders.

We never have problems with our resorts, which are not GC or Five Star. We trade into Hawaii regularly with our mountain weeks. The cost? Really cheap on ebay. MF's are generally under $500

jyager

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have also had real good luck with the resorts I own as well. Summer weeks in Southern CA do very well. I have just been trying to expand my options!

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
jyager said:
I have also had real good luck with the resorts I own as well. Summer weeks in Southern CA do very well. I have just been trying to expand my options!

Go to the Search function & then 'advanced search'. Type in the words best trader , search all open forums, and you'll get over 150 hits. Lots of good info in those posts.

Phil

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Prime summer Cape Cod. MF are close to 600.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
You only have two.?

The TS support group will hold meetings without you then.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
The consensus is always high demand summer beach weeks or ski weeks. The trick is to keep the maint fee down. We happen to own lockoffs - which is a real bargain because you get 2 trades for 1 maint fee. They are summer Hilton Head weeks - great traders. But they are far and few between particulary in prime locations. Marriott has a few, but they would not meet criteria of low price and maint for prime weeks - LOL!

Sir Newf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jyager-are your So.Calif good traders?

Jyager- I see you own S.Cal...do you recommend either of the ones you own (Capri)?
I am looking for a 2nd trader and also love S.Cal and plan visits often. Any special assessments on these? What season would I buy to be best trader? II or RCI?
Thanks in advance for your insight on your properties...Anna (Sir Newf is my dog).

Last edited:

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Which ones are $600?

pcgirl54 said:
Prime summer Cape Cod. MF are close to 600.
Not at all resorts by any means.