• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Ski Resort to Drive to!

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter and family live in Pittsburgh. They want to take a ski vacation sometime in Jan. - Feb. 2009 but with travel so expensive they want to go somewhere where they can drive. Northern New England states, where there are many good ski resorts is way too far. We were thinking somewhere in New York perhaps? Can anyone recommend a resort where we can send our daughter for a week of skiing. They have two children 13 - 12 and they ski very well. They have been skiing since they were 3. So they need a run that has a bit of a challenge to it. Any suggestions?

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
some ideas

Ellicottville NY which has Holiday Valley & Holimont is close to Pittsburgh. There is also Bristol near Rochester which advertises the steepest vertical in Western NY and Greek Peak, which I've never skied, not too far from there. I would think the Catskills would be crowded and if you are driving to the Adirondacks to Gore & Whiteface Mts., youcould just as well drive another hour to Vermont.

liborn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I Love Ny

http://winter.windhammountain.com/

My favorite in NY other than Gore Mountain which is further North is Windham NY..Its a family favorite, has ski school, great ski patrol, skating rink, tubing, and recently added night skiing, and they have 1600 ft. vertical drop. Local town has movie theatre, lots of restaurants and plenty of lodging.
Usually the week following Martin Luther King Holiday..the roll back the prices..but they have not updated their schedule yet since Ski season is still another month away.
After many trips North for the skiing at Windham, we purchased a small condo, and now enjoy the area every 4 seasons. Hunter Mountain is 12 miles away so you could try both locations, but stay way from Hunter on weekends, since bus trips fill the slopes and little ski patrol to assist.
Check with the I Love NY Web site for ski offers to several ski areas..
Whiteface was a big challenge, lots of ice, and you worked for your runs.
http://www.iloveny.com/Outdoors/skimap.aspx
Good Luck..we are getting close to ski season, can you feel the chill buurrhhhhh

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.skiwhitetail.com/

Maybe this one is too small, but it is close. It is by Mercersburg, PA, in a rural area. There are no major cities nearby.
The travel link explains their housing options. It is a very friendly resort.