• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best patios at a timeshare

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
I’m not sure if this would be the best place for this discussion but this pertains to all timeshare systems so I’m not sure where else it could go. What are some of the timeshares that had your favorite patios? I’ll say a couple of mine. Orange lake river island 4 bedroom penthouse unit. That patio is larger then some units we’ve stayed in. And being in the 8th floor the view is quite good looking out towards Disney property. Another would have to be Vidanta Grand Mayan with the plunge pool. I’ve never stayed at HGVC Bay Club but those patios look incredible.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We love our lanai (patio) at Maui Hill.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My two favorites are the 4br Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta. Watching the cruise ships leave the harbour into the setting sun from 2000 Square feet with great furniture was excellent.

Honorable mention to the phase 1 ground floor units at HGVC Kings Land. Top quality patio furniture, kids can play on the adjacent grass area beautiful sunset, walk to BBQ grills.

Edited to add: that description is for Nuevo Vallarta. 4br at Riviera Maya is awesome as well, but the view is of surrounding dense jungle and nothing else. Changed above.

Last edited:

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
My two favorites are the 4br Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya. Watching the cruise ships leave the harbour into the setting sun from 2000 Square feet with great furniture was excellent.

Honorable mention to the phase 1 ground floor units at HGVC Kings Land. Top quality patio furniture, kids can play on the adjacent grass area beautiful sunset, walk to BBQ grills.
That grand luxxe sounds amazing. How does one go about staying in one of those units without actually owning vidanta? Is it possible?

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My two favorites are the 4br Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya. Watching the cruise ships leave the harbour into the setting sun from 2000 Square feet with great furniture was excellent.

I agree with Kingsland. That's a great choice that I wouldn't have thought of until you mentioned it. Every night our kids would run out and play on the grass. Usually other kids would join them. Really hoping we get a ground floor with our RCI exchange in June!

I'll add the "knuckle" units at the Hyatt Residence Club Ka'anapali beach. These are the units where the wings meet, and they are a round shape.

They are huge! I would say they are at least 300 square feet. They have amazing views and nice patio furniture. Our favorite is the padded lounger.

After swimming with the kids, we'd set up in the shade and would sometimes fall asleep we were so comfortable.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
The Embarc Palm Desert units have outdoor fireplaces on the patios, and the upstairs units also have private outdoor showers off the master bath (adjacent but private from the balcony living space).

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this would be the best place for this discussion but this pertains to all timeshare systems so I’m not sure where else it could go. What are some of the timeshares that had your favorite patios? I’ll say a couple of mine. Orange lake river island 4 bedroom penthouse unit. That patio is larger then some units we’ve stayed in. And being in the 8th floor the view is quite good looking out towards Disney property. Another would have to be Vidanta Grand Mayan with the plunge pool. I’ve never stayed at HGVC Bay Club but those patios look incredible.
The Bay Club's are. Morning coffee watching the sun climbing over Mauna Kea, and the world waking up. . . . (But they are long and somewhat skinny, rather than on big square block.)

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
That grand luxxe sounds amazing. How does one go about staying in one of those units without actually owning vidanta? Is it possible?

I traded in through interval. They don't come up often anymore, and the extra fees are huge (~$1000/week iirc) but I think it's worth it. We are going back later this year (but could only get a 2br) which will still be great, even if not as opulent.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Never been there, but Ocho Cascadas in Puerto Vallarta would have to qualify!

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
The Embarc Palm Desert units have outdoor fireplaces on the patios, and the upstairs units also have private outdoor showers off the master bath (adjacent but private from the balcony living space).
We second this. And we really enjoyed watching the roadrunners dash across the grass.