• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Concepts Destinations and Event Planning

Michele88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake
I was contacted by this company Best Concepts on 27Dec2018 and asked if I wanted to sell my timeshare as they have a buyer. They are offering me a fair price and I would like to sell if this is a legit offer. If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. I thought I would check the TUG community for info prior to doing anything stupid. I have had buyers remorse, I am going to avoid seller's regret by getting the low down first! lol I googled the company and saw there is a Alert issued by BBB that the address and phone # are not correct

"ALERT: BBB investigator tried to visit this business and could not locate this address. Company is not at the address listed on website. Investigator call company and spoke to a company representative who could not verify the address and was put on hold for a supervisor who never came to the phone. "

HMMM - looks like this should be my 1st clue?

OUT OF BUSINESS: According to information in BBB files, it appears that this business is no longer in business.
MAIL RETURNED: Mail sent to the business on 11/20/2018 was returned by the U.S. Postal Service as Undeliverable as Addressed.

2nd Clue?

Anyone out there have any experience with this company Best Concepts Destination and Event Planning? The phone # listed on the BBB website is the same # that I received the call from.
Would love to hear from others what your thoughts?
Many Thanks and Happy New Year!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I was contacted by this company Best Concepts on 27Dec2018 and asked if I wanted to sell my timeshare as they have a buyer. They are offering me a fair price and I would like to sell if this is a legit offer. If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. I thought I would check the TUG community for info prior to doing anything stupid. I have had buyers remorse, I am going to avoid seller's regret by getting the low down first! lol I googled the company and saw there is a Alert issued by BBB that the address and phone # are not correct

"ALERT: BBB investigator tried to visit this business and could not locate this address. Company is not at the address listed on website. Investigator call company and spoke to a company representative who could not verify the address and was put on hold for a supervisor who never came to the phone. "

HMMM - looks like this should be my 1st clue?

OUT OF BUSINESS: According to information in BBB files, it appears that this business is no longer in business.
MAIL RETURNED: Mail sent to the business on 11/20/2018 was returned by the U.S. Postal Service as Undeliverable as Addressed.

2nd Clue?

Anyone out there have any experience with this company Best Concepts Destination and Event Planning? The phone # listed on the BBB website is the same # that I received the call from.
Would love to hear from others what your thoughts?
Many Thanks and Happy New Year!
Do you really need more? I think you answered your own question. Companies that call you out of nowhere that say they have a buyer are not legit.

Michele88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake
Hi thanks for responding!I was hoping that someone had a positive experience with this company they could share, so I could alleviate my fears. I have not been contacted by resale companies previously so this is uncharted territory for me.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Hi thanks for responding!I was hoping that someone had a positive experience with this company they could share, so I could alleviate my fears. I have not been contacted by resale companies previously so this is uncharted territory for me.

Hope springs eternal, but you are just fooling yourself. They got your hopes up but:
These are scammers. No legitimate 'company' will contact you out of the blue to buy your timeshare. Timeshares aren't that difficult to come by that they would cold call people to find them. Assuming Silver Lake, whether FL or CA, these can be had for next to nothing very easily. Why not take the 'buy it now' price off of Bay for $1 (or less) and be done with it?
Next, a company that lies about it's address isn't a company that wants people to find them. I can't think of a more glaring clue that these are scammers. They will offer what you consider a fair price and then will come the stream of fees with various names until you get tired of paying or realize you are being scammed.
Ignore all further contact. They will probably try again under a different name or different pitch since you showed interest but keep ignoring and hang up on all further calls.

Sue

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, Mexican timeshare.

https://www.insidethegate.com/how-to-spot-a-scam/the-mexico-escrow-scam-2/

You will be asked to send various fees to Mexico. If you send the first one, you will be asked to send another. And another. Right up til when you stop. Then they won't be available to talk. One of the older and prolific scams seen on Tug. And there is no "American" company involved.

Michele88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake
Thanks for the info! I am really glad that I posted prior to any action. Nothing worst than getting sucked in again! lol I have just barely recovered from the purchase two years ago. It still stings a little.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Michele, there is not a single legitimate company that is going to cold call you to buy or sell you a timeshare.
That you were suckered in once is understandable. That you think this may have been a legit company means you have not learned.
Block the calls.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not been contacted by resale companies previously so this is uncharted territory for me.

This isn't a resale company though. It's a scam operation. And the reason you "have not been contacted by resale companies previously" is because legitimate resale companies do not go cold-calling owners. Scammers do.