• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Because there is no Eplus option, I find it much harder to decide to book an RCI exchange.

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like RCI overall but I do not like that there is no Eplus feature. I am wondering if they would ever add a similar option. Yes, I can buy points protection but I would still lose around 550 dollars for a 2 week reservation and I find that very high.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Even if you add the protection, you lose the entire exchange fee.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
RCI has a feature called "upgrades and exchanges" for about $50. [Not as good as E-plus in which you can change much further in advance and to any resort] but you can designate alternative resorts in the area, upgrade unit sizes and adjacent dates. If they have availability 15 days prior you will get your upgrade. If not, then they don't charge you the $50. We tried it last year on a Disneyland stay over Christmas. Nothing came through however they didn't charge us $50 either.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Their points protection used to include a one time save of the exchange fee plus the points back. I think it was around $89. It has been more than 5 years since that was discontinued. For many of my exchanges the exchange fee is at 1/3-1/2 of the total expenses so paying to just get the points or trading power is usually not worth it because I am usually spending only $75-$350 on the MF's on the points.

I try to book things that even if I find something better or can't use, a friend or family member may be able to use and possibly compensate me on the side if they are so inclined (not a rental, an agreement between friends).

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Eplus is great both for us and for Interval because they do not have to return the exchange fee and lose the revenue

Last edited:

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I try to book things that even if I find something better or can't use, a friend or family member may be able to use and possibly compensate me on the side if they are so inclined (not a rental, an agreement between friends).
I see what you are saying, just that now with all the Covid incertitude, it is almost like transferring a problem to a friend rather than a great vacation

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I didn't know that about the $50 RCI upgrade. I wondered if it was a whole new exchange fee. thanks!
I also find it tough to roll the dice with RCI. We booked a Hawaii week for late 2021 and I'd have booked a 2nd week if there was E Plus, but risking losing 2 exchange fees for a trade so far into the future was too much for me.