• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bare Minerals Try It Kit

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
In addition to the possibility of using too much, maybe she's putting it on wrong? When the salesperson at ULTA put it on me she tapped the brush into my face, rather than brushing parallel to the face (like you would with a paint brush). If your daughter is brushing parallel to the face maybe that will fling some of the stuff around the bathroom?

Thanks for the suggestions - I'd guess she may be using too much AND brushing parallel - but since she's at the stage where parents don't know too much, she'll probably have to figure that out herself. At least since she's off at college now, I don't have to worry about the powder floating around a bathroom here. I think I'll have to try some BE myself now that I know it won't automatically mean I'll have a mess in my bathroom, too.

Banker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at our Woodstock Ulta store when they opened at 11 am , and they had plenty of the $15.00 trial kit of Bare Minerals. I bought one, I figured it would be good for traveling. I also bought a Vitalbath travel kit, someone here mentioned that they liked Vitabath, so I had to try it. So I bought the $15.00 powder makeup, a $15.00 vitabath travel bag, some tropical scented lipbalms and small small sizes of shampoo and conditioner. I was able to use my 20% off one product coupon, I think they applied to the vitabath bag and then from one of my recent fashion mags, I found a coupon that said $5.00 off a $10.00 purchase. So, I saved $8.00 off total !!! Good morning !!! Now I will go sit out on my deck in the sun and dream about my Bahamas timeshare vacation that starts on Oct 10th!! Thanks everyone for the tips!:banana:

PS. I guess I have an "AARP" face. I am 53, not yet ready for Medicare, so I do not have a "medicare" face but old enough for AARP mailings all of the time!!

Last edited:

sstamm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used this makeup for about 5 years and really like it. I don't like to look "made-up" or have heavy foundation, but I do have some areas of redness that I am self conscious about.

This make up is the best that I have found in covering my redness but looking natural.

One product that I use that hasn't been mentioned is the multi-tasking bisque. I have the regular and the summer bisque (slightly darker). I use it with the concealer brush. I use it before I apply the foundation- that way the foundation helps blend it in. I cover my red areas and any blemishes. It also makes a great foundation for eyeshadow.

I watched the tutorial that was linked and thought it was good. Several comments- I don't generally use as much foundation as she showed. I have found it better to start with less, then apply more if needed. When I first started, I think I loaded the brush too much and it didn't look as good. Of course, that model has younger skin than I! Like I said above, I like to apply concealer before foundation. You can use the foundation for concealer, like to tutorial did, but I like the bisque. It is slightly lighter than my foundation, so then the foundation covers without giving me darker areas.

I agree with her that one thing you really need to understand with this makeup is to work it into the brush. I always use the jar lids for this, whether it is foundation, color or eye shadow.

Since it is so different than other makeup, it takes a little practice to find the best way to get the coverage you want.

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm packing, do any of the minerals have to be in the zip bag or can they just go in your carryon? I'll probably put them in a zippy just to keep them from banging around my purse.

I've been on TSA for a while trying to make sure I'm doing it all correctly. It's been just a year since I flew and I"m so busy trying to weed things out and have what I need, my brain is going bongy.

Plus Spirit just moved both our flights an hour earlier without notifying me, I just found out when checking in on-line.

I don't really mind, but had to change car pickup/dropoff and since we not driving into Boston I need to let the driver know. But I think we can still leave when planned, as long as Boston doesn't have any issues tomorrow am.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The makeup doesn't have to be in a Zip bag. BUT, don't forget that even though the lid is on the little tub, it is still open, and will get all over the inside of the lid (don't ask how I know!). So what I do is before I leave home I cut a piece of bandage tape big enough to cover the holes and put it inside. It doesn't usually stick because of the powder residue, but that's OK. I then tear off a piece of tissue large enough to put on top of that and fill the space between the tape and the top securely. THEN I put the top on, and there is no mess when I unpack. I keep the tape and reuse it for the way home.

Fern

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Fern. Glad you mentioned that. I've had it for over a week, but not used it yet, and after your post I opened one for the first time.

Once I get there I'll go and look at the on-line video again, so I know what I should be doing.

Now back to packing and unpacking, trying to make sure I don't bring too much. I already sent down a carton with the bulky stuff, canvas shoes and the like.

labguides

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fern,
Thanks for input on how to travel with BE.

Is TSA OK with BE?

Mimi39

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought the Prime Time face and eyelid primer, it is two very small tubes which come as a set. It takes a very small amount as a little goes a long way and the Bare Mineral powders go on smoother and last longer. I've been using Bare Minerals for almost three years and I love it -- I'd never go back to that glop in a bottle or jar again!

ctreelmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Joining in late, but I'm another BE fan--I just love it. I think my skin has gotten much healthier since I started using it a couple of years ago. :cheer:

My suggestion for those of you who are new to the line, would be to pick up the concealer brush if it isn't included with whichever kit you buy. It's flat, but is shaped to kind of a point at the end. It is fabulous for hiding under eye circles and covering the redness I get in the little crevices next to my nose as well as the "puppet mouth" I've started to develop. I use the brush with my regular foundation color first, then use the regular brush all over. I still get the occasional breakout (especially if I'm on the phone a lot) and BE covers blemishes beautifully without adding oils, yet doesn't dry my skin.

My daughters are Irish dancers, and for performances and competitions, their teachers had recommended a heavy cream foundation in a compact. As you can imagine, they hated it and I didn't like what it did to their skin. I've found that by layering several light applications of the BE foundation, they get the coverage they need for stage lighting without the pore-clogging effects of the pancake batter stuff.