• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Barbados Car Rentals

Snappy Sam

TUG Member
Reaction score
We go every year to Barbados and haven't found a Car Rental company yet that is reasonable. :wall: All seem to be local and none of the U.S. rental companies are there.
What company has anyone used that seemed reasonable?

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're right, none of the US companies there but that doesn't mean they aren't reliable. We always rent from M.A.H. Car Rentals and have never had a problem. Their cars are always clean and well kept. If you e-mail them, they will get back to you quickly. Their e-mail address is mahcarrentals@sunbeach.net.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Any other recommendations. I tried MAH but they had NO cars left for the 3 days I wanted in March.

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have used Stoutes on 3 ocassions and have been pleased.

Snappy Sam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great ideas!

Thank you all for your suggestions. We have rented with Direct Car rentals but never get any discount for having rented with them for 5 years in a row. I thought it might be helpful to learn of others experiences with other companies.
it's not cheap to rent in Barbados but so worth the effort!
We have 4 weeks at the Residences at the Crane and just love it!

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, some of the information is incorrect. You don't need an international driver's license only a license from your country or state and then you purchase a Barbadian Visitor's Permit (usually provided by the car rental company) which is now valid for 2 months.

lobsterlover

TUG Member
Reaction score
hey, we are going there in march. any insight for us? can you tell us of any good, close restaurants?
thanks

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
There isn't very much that's close to The Crane. One place that comes to mind is 'Cutters of Barbados'.http://www.cuttersbarbados.com/. I know at the Six Cross Roads intersection is a good chinese restaurant, but can't seem to remember the name. Slightly farther afield, just before Oistins, is Cafe Luna at the Little Arches Hotel. It's a rooftop restaurant, perfect on a clear night. There is the fish fry in Oistins, which takes place right beside the fish market. Many people attend on Friday or Sat. night. Then there are numerous very good restaurants at St. Lawrence Gap.
http://www.thegapbarbados.com/
Are you renting a car? Because there are more recommendations I could give you further up island.

Snappy Sam

TUG Member
Reaction score
car rental update

If you are planning a trip to Barbados soon you should negociate a price directly with the car rental agencies. We did and saved over $400 for a three week period. And that wasn't on a high priced vehicle. So go ahead and give it a try. The money you save can be better spent at a restaurant! :clap:

lobsterlover

TUG Member
Reaction score
barbadoscar.com

We go every year to Barbados and haven't found a Car Rental company yet that is reasonable. :wall: All seem to be local and none of the U.S. rental companies are there.
What company has anyone used that seemed reasonable?

I'm so happy to add to this cause I love saving money and not being over charged!!! If you go to Barbadoscar.com I rented a car through this broker and saved $100 from the actual rental company's web site price. Check it out you'll be amazed!!! I got a car from Stoutes which has an office right at the airport! No searching around for a sign with your name.:cheer: :cheer: