• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Banked Staroptions - check your account

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village
Just wanted to pass this along. Apparently SVO updated their systems recently and some of the banked staroption balances are not correct. I had 54K missing and when I called, this was their explanation. If I did not check my balance the other day, I would not have known about the missing banked options or their recent update. FYI, if you banked staroptions this year or in the past, I recommend you checking your account.

Once they verified my original banked staroptions, the rep corrected the problem.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I didn't have that problem, but I did have a similar situation. When I called to rollover my leftover options into next year, the number they gave me didn't agree with my records. Turns out that when I booked weeks, they were taking options from multiple use years, so it was impossible for me to know how many options I had left to roll over. Screwy rules about what they take from this year, next year, last year, etc. I've learned to book vis phone and ask the rep which year options they are using. When you book on-line you don't know!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When you book online, it gives you the option to choose which Staroptions you use, but it's an additional step that you have to click on.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
When you book online, it gives you the option to choose which Staroptions you use, but it's an additional step that you have to click on.

NO this is not just an on-line issue. I booked two weeks in Hawaii on the phone with a rep and was not told what years my options were coming from. Specifically, I booked back-to-back weeks at Princeville and Kaanapali at the same time. They took 81,000 options from 2014 for Princeville, and split the Maui week as 58,600 options from 2014 and 22,400 from 2015. If they would have just used all my 2014 options, I would have been down to 0, but they left me with 22,400 left in 2014. Later, when I booked 2 weeks in Cancun, they took the remaining 22,400 options from 2014 (which should have been used for the Hawaii week), plus 65600 options from 2016, for a total of 88,000 options. I still had 2015 options leftover, but they took from 2016 instead of 2015. They never explained any of this on the phone. No wonder I was so confused when rolling my options over. Apparently if you don't ask, they don't tell you. And it will be impossible to know what options you have left by use year.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Sea Six- I was just responding to this:
When you book on-line you don't know!

You can choose where the Staroptions come from when you book online.

However, I'm sure it's a problem on the phone too, because Owner Services makes a lot of errors...

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's why always tell them exactly what to use if I make a resie or modify one over the phone. And, I always check they used the correct SOs online.

I guess I just don't trust people, specially Starwood reservation staff. BTW, Marriott is not to be trusted either.:mad:

CynamonKis

Reaction score
Banked Star Options

Hello:

I was told that I could not use my banked star options to book at my home resort 12 months in advance, but that I can only use banked star options when booking within the 8 month window prior to my planned trip. Is this true? If so, where is the "rulebook" where this is written?

I booked online and was only given the choice of using 2016 or 2017 star options. The star options I wish to use I banked i 2014, so I must use them in 2016.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cynthia

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It has always been this way - you can only use Staroptions 8 mos. before check in and it's not a home resort reservation. You can find the rules at www.mystarcentral.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk