• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Australian Exchanges to the USA

eden62

Reaction score
I have recently requested an exchange week in Orlando, Florida, through the Australian office from 2nd May 2009, and , knowing of the numerous resorts in Orlando, was hoping that one of these was offered. They offered me a 'townhome' type accommodation from 1st May, which I declined as we do not arrive into Orlando until the evening of 2nd May.

They have since advised me that I will probably not be offered any further accommodation options as the US office now gives all of their exchange weeks to their customers in the USA.

I currently have 2 weeks banked with DAE and am obviously not happy that I will not be able to use them on my upcoming holiday, and am having to investigate other timeshare exchange companies for the future.

Are you able to advise on this?

beanb41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eden62 what a great question. I am also considering a USA exchange so I await an answer with keen interest. I checked the DAE website and they only listed one week in Daytona for exchange in May. Perhaps their inventory in the USA isnt as strong as downunder.

Last edited:

Lee B

TUG Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to do this, but I suggest you write to the DAE US office. Orlando has so many TS intervals that you should expect to find one available for early May.

This is early for May availability in an overbuilt area. By March you should see lots of it for Orlando in May. I don't say this from experience though, so keep inquiring.

You should be aware of how big Florida is. I stayed in Destin FL and took nine hours to drive to relatives in Bradenton. So don't take just any FL location. Orlando and Kissimee are right next to each other, but Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa and Destin are long ways away.

Don't give up yet.

Lee

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am surprised.

Our Australian office has access to all of our inventory here in the USA. Some of it is held by request here in the US. But it is the same process between the two offices.

I do remember we recently sourced a May 21 week for the Australia office, but it was turned down. We don't have access to Australian member info. We didn't hear back to re-open a request for only the 22nd, but we can continue looking, no problem.

Maybe you can email us your name and/or member number and we can continue to work on this. Infousa@daelive.com. Please refer to this TUG online thread and it will get taken care of.

Your business is appreciated, we'll do what we can to help!

eden62

Reaction score
Will contact DAE US direct and let you all know how I get on

HI everyone,

Yes, I was completely taken by surprise (and to be quite honest pretty miffed) as well when it was explained to me. I have since had some serious reservations about banking further weeks with DAE, especially as, like Lee B has said, there is a huge number of timeshare resorts in Orlando, and from what I have seen on other sites, the rental prices are dropping dramatically. I should clarify that I have not had any problems in the past with exchanges, and have only recently secured a week in Las Vegas, but was advised that since the US office has opened that very few (if any) resorts in Florida are made available to Australians.

As suggested, I will email the US office direct with my request, and will let everyone know how I get on.

And to the person who has replied to my post from DAE US - thanks so much, I appreciate it! :cheer:

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Yes I see that we sourced the week in Vegas from here as well as the Florida week for the 21st. We have received your email and are looking....

We will be in touch through our Australia office...

Thanks again for your input.

Fermin

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
I meant the 1st of May not the 21st. We are trying to source a week starting the 2nd as we don't have any in current inventory for any member.

Thanks again

eden62

Reaction score
Update to Post

Well, I am really happy to let everyone know that the USA office has apparently worked with the Australian office and have offered me an exchange week at Cypress Pointe Orlando for the week I require. :banana:

I'm so glad that this has been resolved, and would recommend that anyone having problems in the future perhaps getting in touch with the US office direct, as they have been extremely helpful.

Thanks again, we're now looking forward to our holiday and our faith in DAE has been restored.