• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aulani/RCI Trade in

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if trading into Aulani via RCI only gives 5 nights vs7? I'm looking at the RCI resort list and it shows a couple RCI resort #s for Aulani, but both say 5 nights.

http://www.rci.com/RCI/rdg/searchResults.do

Can someone with an active account see what the required TPs are for that resort?

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if trading into Aulani via RCI only gives 5 nights vs7? I'm looking at the RCI resort list and it shows a couple RCI resort #s for Aulani, but both say 5 nights.

http://www.rci.com/RCI/rdg/searchResults.do

Can someone with an active account see what the required TPs are for that resort?

Even when selecting 'show everything' i can only find it for 5 days and only for Cash 'extra Vacations' for 5 days...I think, my guess is, that these are deposits by the resort itself and when owners start depositing you will start seeing full week stays...This location and resort has now become my dream vacation though, so we will be competing for trades once they become available....my second choice is the Disney Animal Kingdom Villas with a Savannah view

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Even when selecting 'show everything' i can only find it for 5 days and only for Cash 'extra Vacations' for 5 days...I think, my guess is, that these are deposits by the resort itself and when owners start depositing you will start seeing full week stays...This location and resort has now become my dream vacation though, so we will be competing for trades once they become available....my second choice is the Disney Animal Kingdom Villas with a Savannah view

How much are the Cash 5 day reservations? I wasn't even aware that a reservation could be booked for 5 days at Aulani?

Thanks!

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much are the Cash 5 day reservations? I wasn't even aware that a reservation could be booked for 5 days at Aulani?

Thanks!

Way out of my price range right now, Ocean View $3069.99-$2679.99, regular view $2299.99-1379.99 or about $613.99 to $275.99 per night

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Way out of my price range right now, Ocean View $3069.99-$2679.99, regular view $2299.99-1379.99 or about $613.99 to $275.99 per night

Got it -- that is pricey. Thanks!

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been watching these getaways. They're for hotel rooms, no kitchen. It is cheaper than Disney direct, but in most cases you could rent a dvc studio for cheaper. The one odd ball I saw was check in Dec 30 5nights $1360. For NYE that's a bargain. I think its gone already.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they are RD{##}, those are rental inventory. If they are DV11, those are for exchange. (I don't think there have been any exchanges yet, and probably won't be much for a year or two.)

I have it in my regular search routine and I have not see a DVC Aulani yet nor have I heard of anyone seeing one for an exchange.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
When Aulani starts showing up in RCI, is it going to require 60 points to get it? I would say it will, and maybe RCI will raise the bar and make those more than 60, then Manhattan Club will follow with the same # of points. They will create a new luxury category and make it many more points.

I hope they don't, but they could. I would give 100 points for an Aulani 2 bedroom at any time of year.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
If/When it does, I would buy a WorldMark. Oh wait I did ;) One of the reasons I bought my WM is in anticipation of Aulani getting into RCI. Because of the fixed point grid WM trades in, any two bedroom will cost us 10k points. MF on 10k points is about $600. Cheaper than 100 tpu.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I doubt that it'll require 60 TPU, unless they fudge the numbers like they did with Orlando DVC units. Oahu is typically 30-40 TPU, so I would expect Aulani to be in the same ballpark. Perhaps 2-5 higher.

Let's not even talk about raising the high end on TPUs. We don't need to be giving RCI any ideas. Over 99% of units are 30 or less, so having some units that are DOUBLE that is already quite a stretch.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
If/When it does, I would buy a WorldMark. Oh wait I did ;) One of the reasons I bought my WM is in anticipation of Aulani getting into RCI. Because of the fixed point grid WM trades in, any two bedroom will cost us 10k points. MF on 10k points is about $600. Cheaper than 100 tpu.
No kidding. I plan on picking up 10 K credits from another WM owner and then putting in an ongoing request for VGC and Aulani. I paid $1100. for my VGC dues this year and can't even get a 2 bedroom in low season for that.