• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Atlantis in Oahu

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

komosatp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit skeptical of this ever materializing. I'm not sure Kerzner currently has the standing in the world real estate markets to get the financing. Plus, Kerzner's attention is focused on building the next Atlantis in China, and is rumored to be in the running to take over and complete the Bahamar resort in Nassau.
We just read in the news that the company that owns Atlantis in the Bahamas is ready to finalize plans to build on the site adjacent to Aulani.
Point of Clarification: Atlantis in the Bahamas is currently owned by Brookfield Asset Management, a Canadian private equity/real estate company. There's no mention of Brookfield being involved in the Hawaii deal, nor would it fit their usual hotel investment strategy (which is to acquire operating hotels at distressed prices and then recapitalize the property). Marriott isn't really involved at Atlantis Bahamas either, other than a loan made to Brookfield, which was probably done as a good-faith gesture when Marriott and Brookfield agreed to add Atlantis to Marriott's Autograph collection.

My money is on the owner of the Ko Olina land putting this rumor out there for negotiating purposes. If he threatened to put something like an Atlantis in, when he offers a concession, the hotel that will be built will be twice the size of what had been previously authorized, and will look good by comparison.

Last edited: