• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Atlantis Harborside - Temps in April?

maja651

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We are thinking of trading our Cancun villa for the Atlantis Harborside resort for April 2007. I just read that the pools are cold in April? Is this really true? I am surprised they do not heat the pools. What about the ocean? Is it cold too? We are wimps in regards to water temperature (we are from Arizona), so for us, if water temp is below mid 80s, we would not go in. Should we try for another time of year?

Michelle

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
We are in Atlantis right now, and it is absolutely perfect, the ocean is a little cold, but not bad. Forercast is for 80 every day (sorry to rub it in). I think cold to one is not to another, but we have no complaints.

PeterCooper

Reaction score
We were down there in February last year. First three days were rather chilly, and the ocean was too cold for me. Then, overnight, both the air and water temp seemed to go up about 15 degrees.
A guy I met, while I was basking, said he'd been down there for 20 years, and that was the way it always was, a sudden shift from uncomfortable to paradise.
Projected high temps for the next five days: 68 - 80 degrees. I'm heading down in ten days, and I can't wait.

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some, but not all, of the pools are heated.
We just spent last week there and it was gorgeous. We have spent week 7 in the Bahamas for the past four years. Three out of 4 were fantastic weather. February can by iffy, but I would think the weather would be much more consistent in April.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
maja651 said:
Hi,

We are thinking of trading our Cancun villa for the Atlantis Harborside resort for April 2007. I just read that the pools are cold in April? Is this really true? I am surprised they do not heat the pools. What about the ocean? Is it cold too? We are wimps in regards to water temperature (we are from Arizona), so for us, if water temp is below mid 80s, we would not go in. Should we try for another time of year?

Michelle

Since Atlantis is one of the hardest trades to get, you should be as flexible as possible with your dates. It is very difficult to trade into Atlantis during April. Your best chance is January,May and September.

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the weather in April varies, and we were not lucky when we were there in mid-April 04. The pools and ocean were freezing, so I didn't go in the water at all. DH went in only once and he is normally not a wimp. Only DD got full use of the pools & slides and she was often shivering while waiting in line and the lines were very long. It was horribly crowded everyplace except the Harborside pool.

It was cloudy and cold a few days, sunny & warm a few days, and a couple of days in-between. The highs probably ranged in the 60s to mid 70s the week we were there.

POJ7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

We were at Harborside in April last year. Temps were in the 80s but the pools were cool. Not heated.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
POJ7 said:
Hi

We were at Harborside in April last year. Temps were in the 80s but the pools were cool. Not heated.

Agree -- we were there Easter week two years ago. My d and her friend swam, but the pools were way too chilly for me. Brrrrr.