• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Surfwatch now

djs113

Reaction score
weather is beautiful (Hurricane Fay influence is gone) , looks about 80% full

we have been renting the Cabana's each day at the Ocean Pool (pricey but well worth it if you have the extra spendable income)

no jellyfish seen anywhere so far

chairs don't seem to be a problem this week

let me know if you have any questions

thanks

- david

ronmhjr

TUG Member
Reaction score
we have been renting the Cabana's each day at the Ocean Pool (pricey but well worth it if you have the extra spendable income)

We will be going next week to Surfwatch. We were also going to rent the Cabana's for a couple of days. I was told that they are $120 a day. Is that correct? How many chairs are in each Cabana? Are there any services provided with the use of the Cabana?

Thanks!

Ron Howard

djs113

Reaction score
4 different choices of plans

seating configurationss are vastly different within the cabanas

we are 2 adults, 2 chidren, and 1 teenage babysitter

we took the "L" shaped couch set up with 2 recliners in the sun

we like this the best and we have reserved this style for each day of your trip

they also offer a huge bed style, side by side twin bed style, etc...

i highly recommend reserving in advance of your trip the seating configuation u like - first come, first serve - definitely bring your ipod to play your music all day

after you pick your config - you pick your plan ...

option 1 - the "sandcastle" - $120 per day -
childrens toys including shovel and bucket, frisbee or football
lip balm, suntan lotion, newspaper and magazinzes from cabana butler
water misters for use that day, bowl of frash fruit, 10 non-alcaholic drinks in ice bucket, use of 5 beach towels, chilled lemon scented frozen hand towels every 2 hours, etc...

option 2 - "the elysium" - $120 per day - beachfront, for couples
ipod docking station for days use, lip balm, suntan lotion, 2 water misters for days use, bowl of fruit, fresh strawberries and cream, non-alcoholic bevs in ice, 2 beach towels, chilled lemon face towels every 2 hours, 2 splits of champagne chilled and served by the cabana butler, him and her magazines, 2 lunch items from the grill

option 3 - the breaking wave" - $120 (this is what we are doing)
ipod docking station, lip balm, suntan lotion, newspaper and magazinzes from cabana butler, water misters for use that day, bowl of frash fruit, 10 non-alcaholic drinks in ice bucket, use of 6 beach towels, chilled lemon scented frozen hand towels every 2 hours, snack mix, 3 appetizers from Sea Grill, etc...

option 4 - "the low tide" - $80
5 beach towels, chilled water misters, ice bucket for your own drinks, cold lemon scent towels, cabana butler service for ordering food from Grill

hope this helps

- David

ronmhjr

TUG Member
Reaction score
David,

Thank you very much on your detailed response to my questions. It is a big help. I tried to reserve a cabana before we get down there but they told me that I had to wait until I checked in. Oh well!

Have a great rest of the week!

Ron

CatJ114683

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has there been an invasion of the "love-bugs" this year? 2006 Labor Day week the bugs were such an annoyance anywhere near the water, that sitting by the water or beach side pool was a near impossibility. Once away from the dunes, they were not so bad. Just curious if they are back. We are headed to Monarch for the first time this year instead...

djs113

Reaction score
no bugs at all, we have not even received the usual mosquito bites during mini golf at nite - we usual get a few that way each year

none so far

susan - see you sunday

we are here thru sunday

- David

tlwmkw

Reaction score
David,

Are they still doing tours of the resort? Have they sold out yet? We didn't go to the owner update when we there in June and wonder if you have heard any of these things.

We love it there- wish we could be there now. So peaceful. Glad you're having a good time.

tlwmkw

djs113

Reaction score
yes they are doing tours each day

they said they are 98% built, and 70% sold

i think they might be sold out - or close to it, on platinum, but not the others

Last edited:

djs113

Reaction score
susan

did u call ahead and request a specific building / floor?

if so, which one?

we love Tidemark, top floor, corner room facing the ocean (3BR)

we get this room each trip