• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At MOC now

titan7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Weather is just awesome, better than last year. I was shocked to find out they stopped having the owners reception? They said there were complaints of noise?? They gave us $16 worth of drink coupons at Longboards instead. Going to tour the new towers tomorrow. About 1/3 less people here due to the economy, Sat night there was nobody out.

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
Titan 7

I wonder who would complain about the noise? When we attended it was not noisey.

What is the phase of construction? Do you have pictures?

Would you do me a favor? I am looking for an exotic car rental place on Maui. I was told there was one in Lahaina, but I think there is one on the left side of the hwy on the way to Lahaina. Can you tell me the name of it, or if you see any in the brochures. I would appreciate it.

Thanks and enjoy your stay.

--Shanna

cvmar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would love to know when the Napili Tower will be completed and open including the pool and if that building will have a pool bar. We will be there around the first week of April 09 in the original building. Glad to read the weather is beautiful!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're using our Aruba Surf Club week in Feb 09 for the first time, and while my whole family is looking forward to it, we all have said "wish we were going to Maui". There is just nothing like it. When I hear someone say "I'm at MOC now" I get so envious.

Enjoy every minute of your stay!!

Regards.
Joe

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got a trade for July 3rd at the MOC for the Surf Cub 1 bedroom.

Sue

titan7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Iwill take some photos of the new tower and post them next week when we get home. I only have the black berry with me now. Sitting in the grass in front of the pirate pool now loving the view of the ocean and my Longboard lager ; ). I will look for the exotic car place on the way to Mama's for our 13th wedding anniversary. Aloho

titan7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Iwill take some photos of the new tower and post them next week when we get home. I only have the black berry with me now. Sitting in the grass in front of the pirate pool now loving the view of the ocean and my Longboard lager ; ). I will look for the exotic car place on the way to Mama's for our 13th wedding anniversary. Aloho

I was trying to type aloha! Darn BB and lots of cold ones : )

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usual Questions

Enjoy your stay at my favorite place. I have 3 3/4 months before I get to go back.

I suspect that many of us have the usual questions;

What prices are they charging in the Napili Villa?

What percentage of Napili Villa is sold?

Is Marriott going to do onsite resales once the new buildings are sold?

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
our Maui countdown has started... 6 1/2 months to go, although no guarantee of MMO, yet. Still waiting for an exchange to come through :D but I have two back ups in play.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I saw the heading, I thought this was about Marriott Ocean Club (MOC) in Aruba but you mean Maui Ocean Club!(MOC)!!! Same confusion will happen with Marriott Ocean Pointe (OP) on Singer Island, FL & the new Marriott Oceana Palms(OP) on Singer Island, FL. Do people say AOC...for Aruba Ocean Club & ASC...Aruba Surf Club???:confused:

Smooth Air:cool:

sandesurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
9 1/2 months to go! I know, I know, a LONG wait, but so worth it! :banana:

titan7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had our sales presentation, yesterday. The new tower is 45% sold. The 2br ocean front. EOY in the new tower is $42950. $1k off special, no points. They offered to give 100% credit for my eoy ov 1 br but that would have still cost me $25k more.

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you describe how far along they are on construction? Is the building fully enclosed?

titan7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you describe how far along they are on construction? Is the building fully enclosed?
The new tower looks done from the outside. It's fully enclosed, I can see ceiling fans in the rooms. They are working on the parking structure and the pool now.

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
Had our sales presentation, yesterday. The new tower is 45% sold. The 2br ocean front. EOY in the new tower is $42950. $1k off special, no points. They offered to give 100% credit for my eoy ov 1 br but that would have still cost me $25k more.

Doing the 60% math, it doesn't look like the Napili OF EY price has changed for a while...

seatrout

Reaction score
We are heading there during Thanksgiving with a MOC OV.

Is all the "pool view" essentially "non construction view"?? Is any building better than other as to rehab/condition status ??

I am a also staying a night in hana Maui Hotel. Other than taking our time and exploring the various beach, Is there anything that we should not miss ??

rubycat33

TUG Member
Reaction score
No Owners Party

They may have temp discontinued the Owners Party because the party could be an opportunity for people to share their misery. There could be too much discussion about the bad news on cost of airfare, lack of liquidity if you wanted to buy, and worst of all, if you are at the party and own at Maui, and know you will have problem paying your maintenance fees this year, you might have a heck of a good place to bring up in casual discussion with other owners that you want to sell.
That's sales competition right on the property. If I saw some couple with a name tag that says they own in Aruba, Paris, Colorado, I would see them as good people to strike up a conversation with. They just MIGHT be in a cash position to be buyers!

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
Is all the "pool view" essentially "non construction view"?? Is any building better than other as to rehab/condition status ?

The middle pool area is not affected by construction. Roughly half of the Molokai tower faces towards the Napili construction area, so you may prefer being in the Maui wing or Lanai tower.

After Thanksgiving, they only have two months to finish all construction, so the negative affects should be waining...

titan7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in lower right corner of the post to which you wish to respond to activate Quick Reply.

titan7

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been here for week on the molokai side of MOC overlooking the pool and we have not heard any construction noise. I would not mind a 2br OF in the villas but I think we will go re-sale or continue to rent the even year from another owner. I rented a 1BR OV from another owner for $1400 for the week.

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
At the Aruba Ocean Club, when we were there this summer, they no longer had a question and answer session. Instead they had a cocktail party where everyone had too much to drink and didn't have a chance to ask any hard questions.

walken1974

TUG Member
Reaction score
moc lahaina villas has eoy ?

I did not know that moc lahaina villas had eoy villas. Are all these units oceanfront or do they have oceanview, garden view etc ? If so what is the pricing ? I was strongly considering buying 2 bdrm eoy at the westin maui but this would change my plans. ( not crazy about moc old building eoy not having real kitchens) I would also most likely be waiting for resales but have not seen any yet on redweek etc. If anyone has info on this please let me know. thanks

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not know that moc lahaina villas had eoy villas. Are all these units oceanfront or do they have oceanview, garden view etc ? If so what is the pricing ? I was strongly considering buying 2 bdrm eoy at the westin maui but this would change my plans. ( not crazy about moc old building eoy not having real kitchens) I would also most likely be waiting for resales but have not seen any yet on redweek etc. If anyone has info on this please let me know. thanks

E-bay weeks usually sell for a lot less than weeks bring on redweek. Here are several e-bay weeks for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARRIOTT-MAUI-O...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARRIOTTS-MAUI-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARRIOTT-MAUI-O...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
I did not know that moc lahaina villas had eoy villas. Are all these units oceanfront or do they have oceanview, garden view etc ? If so what is the pricing ?

The announcement I saw said that only the OFs were going to be offered as EOY. Anyone else see different?