• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Manor Club for the weekend: WOW!

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to report that we are at the Manor Club in Williamsburg this weekend and this place is unbelievable! We are staying in the Berkeley Building on 3rd floor where the units have the lofts.... Oh my goodness.

This is a very special place and my family was blown away. We are a 2 bedroom unit. This is the best Marriott TS I've stayed in to date. Very unique experience.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Just wanted to report that we are at the Manor Club in Williamsburg this weekend and this place is unbelievable! We are staying in the Berkeley Building on 3rd floor where the units have the lofts.... Oh my goodness.

This is a very special place and my family was blown away. We are a 2 bedroom unit. This is the best Marriott TS I've stayed in to date. Very unique experience.

This is the only building and floor with lofts, and Berkeley is the only building at MMC which was built as full ownership condos before Marriott took over. That is why they are so special.

They also have an extra powder room, walk-in closets, kitchen storage like a nice condo and a separate laundry room.

Last edited:

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this building part of Sequel or original resort?

I just wondered, because we'll be heading down to Manor Club (purchased a Sequel getaway week) next month and we wondered if we could request that building? Regardless, we havent been to the resort and are looking forward to it!
Vicki

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I just wondered, because we'll be heading down to Manor Club (purchased a Sequel getaway week) next month and we wondered if we could request that building? Regardless, we havent been to the resort and are looking forward to it!
Vicki
It is the first building in the original resort. If you have a week in the Sequel you cannot be assigned to Berkeley.

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Eddie. Is the master bedroom on the first floor of this unit?

Yes, the master is on the first floor and the entrance can be seen just to the left of the fireplace.

What you really should shoot for is the 3 BRD unit in the Berkeley building. That unit is easly over 2000 Sq ft! We were able to see unit 1138 (which is one of the 3 BDR units with the loft) and it has 2 bedrooms upstairs. I believe the building has 4 3 BDR units: 1138, 1137, 1132, 1131. The 3 BRD units are truly amazing.

Our weekend gateway was great. We used our 800 bonus points for enrolling in the DC to book. Weather was cold but sunny each day. We did Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown Settlement.

We just lucked up in getting into Berkeley since this was our first time there and we didn't have any idea of the units other than we knew we wanted to be in the older section from feedback from others here on TUG.

If you are going down during this off season, you may have a good chance of getting into Berkeley. I will say that there were a number of families there over the weekend so it is a popular place to go even during the "off" season.

buzzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned today from the Sequel side (first building across from the tennis courts). We asked to be moved due to noise and was just moved to 2nd floor from the first floor within the same building. The building seemed full and loud! There were a few rooms across the hall that left their doors opened in the evening and it looked like there were 10 people in the each room. If due to stay there this week....make sure you listen for the noise issue...

Last edited:

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did something happen to the pics. I can't see them. Also, can you request a three bedroom via II? I have never seen one on II. Thanks.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Did something happen to the pics. I can't see them. Also, can you request a three bedroom via II? I have never seen one on II. Thanks.

If you've got an exchange via II, can you still make a request? We're going in early June using a Sheraton week.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I have some pics. Not sure how to post them on the board. Can someone give me a quick tutorial?

Here's an info sticky post from the TUG Lounge board. Basically, you have to input your photos to one of the web hosting sites and then to TUG but it's fairly simple. I use photobucket and recommend it but others are just as happy with flicker. Good luck, I hope you figure it out. It's so helpful when TUGgers post pics of the resorts but beyond that, the Pic of the Day thread on the Lounge board is a lot of fun!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If you deposit a 3BR you can request one in an ongoing search. Requests are rarely matched, one reason being that there aren't very many to begin with and another being that those that are lock-offs are usually split up before being deposited.

Rarer still, if a 3BR shows up during flexchange and you have a matched exchange with an upcoming check-in date, you can call II and ask if they'll swap your exchange for the 3BR. They may allow it, they may not, depending on the strength of your original deposit, whether the 3BR is at the same resort of your confirmed exchange, or some other random requirement. If they do you'll have to pay another exchange fee. (To see flexchange inventory when your deposit has already been matched, you'll need to have another unit to search with or you'll have to rely on reports from other searchers on the TUG Sightings board.)

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Manor Club is our #1 resort of all time - Marriott or any other brand. But it's the original side - notably Building #1 (not constructed by Marriott who did build the other original buildings - they are nice but not as nice as #1).

The sequel on the other hand doesn't even deserve to be called Manor Club. It is nothing more than a typical timeshare of the 90's / early 2000's - if it weren't on the same grounds & sharing the amenities it wouldn't even be in the top 5 of Williamsburg. Very pedestrian.

So go for the original and see what quality timeshare is all about. If all you can get is the sequel you may as well go for Greensprings or Governors Green they are the same style and much nicer units than the sequel offers.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a neat thread. Had no idea Manor Club had 3 bedrooms because that size unit isn't anywhere on II or on the Marriott Point chart or described anywhere on the Marriott Vacation Club site. Would love to see the pics.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This is a neat thread. Had no idea Manor Club had 3 bedrooms because that size unit isn't anywhere on II or on the Marriott Point chart or described anywhere on the Marriott Vacation Club site. Would love to see the pics.

I think II and Marriott consider them all 2BR units. Though it seems that there are a few that have a loft that can be used as a third bedroom. I recall reading about this here on TUG a few years ago. Not sure how you go about getting one of those.

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sue for the link. I had emailed the photos directly to vactionlover while I was still there and before I figured out how to post. I just uploaded some pics of the Marriott Manor Club. My wife has some more pics that I will need to transfer from her computer and upload them. I will be added them to this albumn.

If anyone is interested in some pics of Marriott Marbella Beach Resort, check out my pics here from our 2005 trip. You can get to the link of my albums on the left hand side the says Eddie's Albums. I don't think we have pics of the unit itself but we do have some shots of the resort and the beach. Feel free to check out our other travel photos.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Sue for the link. I had emailed the photos directly to vactionlover while I was still there and before I figured out how to post. I just uploaded some pics of the Marriott Manor Club. My wife has some more pics that I will need to transfer from her computer and upload them. I will be added them to this albumn.

If anyone is interested in some pics of Marriott Marbella Beach Resort, check out my pics here from our 2005 trip. You can get to the link of my albums on the left hand side the says Eddie's Albums. I don't think we have pics of the unit itself but we do have some shots of the resort and the beach. Feel free to check out our other travel photos.

Beautiful pics, thanks!