• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Four Seasons Aviara now - any questions?

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are roughing it at FSA in the studio unit :whoopie: -- an exchange for our DSV-I 'hotel' unit. Highlights: Daily housekeeping, 7-day newspaper at door, huge studio--esp. the bathroom; clean bathrobes every day. Lo-lights: Very minimal dishes, like two plates, etc. and of course no dishwasher.

Weather has been naughty. It has been cold (for Carlsbad) and wet :(

We are in the Summit section (other is Meadows) and on upper floor with great views of city and mini-view of the lagoon with pool down below.

Be happy to answer any questions we can.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Hi Cathy,

Sorry the weather is bad. I spoke with my cousin in San Diego yesterday and she said that the weather is awful. We will be staying in a 1 bedroom in February. Is there a particular floor or area we should request? Also, I know that the internet is a fee service there but is it wireless?

You can always spend the time in the spa which I hear is wonderful. Not a bad place to be on a bad weather day.

Lynne

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha Lynne! The Summit section where we are is walking distance to the hotel -- which is nice. We've walked it twice so far. Summit sits higher than the Meadows section so I am guessing our views are nicer. We have a panoramic view of the city and hills in the distance (Unit 1622), peek at the lagoon and the pool is below us.

The disadvantage of Summit appears that the clubhouse is pretty inactive. At the Meadows you check-in and I think most of the activities for the timeshares are held there, like ceramic painting, etc. We do have an exercise room, reading room and a pool table. Also the Meadows is right at the golf course, so depending on your love of the game -- it can be a plus or minus. It is also quite a bit further to the hotel than Summit.

If I were to stay here again, I would ask for exactly what we have now. You'll love the pampering here! Clean bathrobes every day, rooms cleaned daily, newspaper on the door seven days/week. I wish we had the weather to walk the grounds, but it has done nothing but rain hard most days :(

BTW, we got confirmed into Kona Hawaiian in July 2010 (not 2009), so maybe we can get together then -- or are you planning a stateside visit then?

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
BTW, we got confirmed into Kona Hawaiian in July 2010 (not 2009), so maybe we can get together then -- or are you planning a stateside visit then?

Thanks for the information Cathy, it seems that we would be happy in either location so I think we will take whatever is assigned at check-in. The only request we usually make is for a top floor unit.

As to July 2010, we have no plans to be off-island so we can most definitely get together.

Hopefully the Southern California sun will again come out so you can enjoy your time at Aviara. We are starting to compile our list for items that we need to take back with us from Trader Joes. Between us and our neighbors who also request TJ care packages, I bring and fill up an empty suitcase for the trip home. Thank goodness we are AA elite and do not have to pay for checked bags.

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Cathy

HOLLY COW -- that is some weather ...well -for the most part some weather just about everywhere

Want to try the yoga class? They used to have two instructors - just wondering if Naomi is still there? We are there in Jan for a few weeks and it is my only time for yoga.

Have you been there before? My wife raves about the hand cream in the shower rooms at the three gyms.

The studio bedroom is huge isn't it. Even nice touches like free soap in the washing machines set aside for studio users. They will deliver BBQ tongs if you call them - only thing we didn't have that is part of regular unit - some nice Costco beef tenderloin ( close by to FS A) and a great bottle of red wine - this is heaven (well - when it warms up it is heaven)

What is the daily 'drink' at the meadows?

I see the weather is set to improve - you have to go back when the weather co-operates better.

Have you tried the gym & change room at the hotel - you gotta try that - no charge for use - get a locker key at the desk on the lower floor - the showers - steam room - sauna - the whole thing is WAY BETTER than anything I have seen previously - but it spoils you forever.

Greg

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg: We are growing duck feathers it is so wet :)

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Cathy, Do you walk to Aviara from your house or drive?:D

Maybe 'cause it's raining you drove...

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
david: Crazy as it sounds, we would drive over to our home, pick up our newspapers and mail -- see if all is ok, then drive back to FSA.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, make me even more upset that I didn't have anything to trade for that Xmas 2br I saw at FSA.:wall:

No snow or ice and not 20degrees? I'd take it in a heart beat.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
What, you DIDN'T book the FSA two bedroom. OMG!!! Seriously, if the chance appears again, it is definitely an experience staying there.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lynne: Ah, Trader Joes! You probably cannot transport them, but the red and white wines are like $2.99 bottle and wonderful. We drank three bottles during our stay at FSA! They have a great selection of various nuts at the store you will be visiting. For your stay at FSA, try their enchilades -- yumyum!

Here is new news: My hairdresser's hubby is a manager at Trader Joe's/Oceanside and they are opening a CARLSBAD location in 2009. Too late for your visit, but maybe the next one???

I sure hope we connect in 2010! Cathy

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
What, you DIDN'T book the FSA two bedroom. OMG!!! Seriously, if the chance appears again, it is definitely an experience staying there.

I already trade my 2009 week!:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: Not only FSA, better weather and no ungrateful in-laws who complain that I cooked ham, not standing rib. :mad: