• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Beach Place Now

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We are currently staying at Beach Place Towers on an exchange from our MGV week. We are in a two bedroom. The renovations look good and everything seems to be in order. Some odd quirks but other than that it is great. They couldn't meet our room request of high floor or ocean front, but since we exchanged our studio week at MGV for the 2BR we are still happy with our view of the parking lot below and the intercoastal waterway.

We likely won't attend a tour since we were just on one in August but if anyone has any questions I can attempt to get an answer.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Are they charging you for parking?

I believe so. Didn't ask but assumed so as we are not Beach Place owners. Parking is only included for Beach Place owers staying on their own week or exchanging back in with their Beach Place week.

I remember reading that Marriott wanted the HOA to permit all Marriott owners free parking, but I don't think the HOA and Marriott were able to come to an agreement on that.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Di! Hope you are having a great time in Ft. Lauderdale. Have a drink for me on the outside patio @ Charlie's Crab!
Did you exchange through II?

Smooth Air:cool:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning from the Commonwealth of Virginia it is a chilly 39 degrees. How have the temperatures been in the past couple of days?

glnrcker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will Be In FLL In Less Than 1 Week

Can't wait to hear what the weather is like! Should we pack pants or shorts?
Are you able to go swimming? Staying at Harbor Beach, but we plan to walk over to BeachPlace.

Are there any coffee bars in the area?

Last edited:

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
...The renovations look good and everything seems to be in order. .

Glad the long overdue renovations look good ... do you have any pictures to share of the interior? The HOA seems to be keeping it a secret as only the old pics show, even on the Marriott site.

Re: Parking - I think a lot of people forget that BPT is a beachfront location in a large urban city where parking prices can get quite high. Just next door parking is $35 at the Ritz.

Enjoy ... find South Port Raw Bar for a fun dinner and you can probably go there by Water Taxi too. Trina's at the Atlantic hotel just up the street is a fine upscale dining room.

Brian

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi, Di! Hope you are having a great time in Ft. Lauderdale. Have a drink for me on the outside patio @ Charlie's Crab!
Did you exchange through II?

Smooth Air:cool:

Yes, we exchanged through II.

Good morning from the Commonwealth of Virginia it is a chilly 39 degrees. How have the temperatures been in the past couple of days?

I wish I could say it was a lot better down here. Well, during the day it is, but it is getting down right chilly once the sun goes down. Daytime temperatures are in the low to mid 70s while evenings are getting cool. Probably low to mid 50s. There is also a strong wind out on the ocean. We went to the pier in Lauderdale by the Sea and the wind while out on the pier was strong.

Can't wait to hear what the weather is like! Should we pack pants or shorts?
Are you able to go swimming? Staying at Harbor Beach, but we plan to walk over to BeachPlace.

Are there any coffee bars in the area?

I would pack some of both. Shorts will be great while walking around shopping as the buildings right now are blocking the wind. In the evenings and out on the beach even with the sun out it can be cool with the wind. They are saying it will get a little cooler later this week on the local weather.

We don't drink coffee, so we haven't been on the lookout for coffee bars, sorry.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, we will be Ft. Lauderdale the week of Dec 14, 2008.

kmij

TUG Member
Reaction score
glnrcker,

there is a fun coffee place right on south ft lauderdale beach blvd (i think it 441 south ft lauderdale beach blvd.). it is right across the street from the ocean. they have tables inside and outside. it is fun to sit outside and people watch across the street. the coffee is very good and the food is delicious. we always stop there on our way from ft lauderdale to west palm beach. have a great vacation.
jean

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Closeby places (reasonable):
Walking north at light past Bonnet House - 2nd floor Thai on the Beach - good, cheap family operated place -Lunch and dinner (above the pizza place which is OPEN 24 hr a day)
Walking west on that street - Blue Fish - Key West Dining?? Check the special board at the door
On the left hand side street - the world famous Parrot Bar - Philly Sports Bar with real cheesesteaks.

Next light off A1A (Sunrise Blvd) walking towards the intercoastal on left side - Franco & Vinnie's 4-11PM - best Italian and fresh fish (and really good pizza) - locals go because it is GOOD and reasonable price - This is the best of my list here for eating.

Next door - La Cantina - Mexican - 4 to 7 everyday 1/2 Appittizers if ordered and eaten at the bar ... GRILL Chicken Quasdas, $1 off mixed drinks

Over the intercoastal - the Galleria Mall (free parking) - PF Chaings, Capital Grill (streakhouse), Blue Martini (has live music most nights - best for drinking). Food court is great for lunch or takeout dinner (one owner, many choices of food - pay for all food a one checkout --- has a bar and dessert bar).

I will be in the neighborhood on SATURDAY ... would luv a weather update Fri PM for the weekend:D

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bonnet House has wild sprider monkeys on the grounds - they like hanging out in the tall trees on the NORTH side of the property near the orchid house on the left side. Would recommend you drive as there is only one gate on the north side and as close to the intercoastal as the street goes.

Interesting historical property which still owns from the ocean to the intercoastal except for A1A - the lifeguard stands are NOT on Bonnet House beach. There is no seawall on the intercoastal side of the property. Was a checkpoint for one of the Amazing Races.

Tours are available.

glnrcker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't Wait To Go!

Thanks Dioxide45 & Jean.
Believe it or not, I NEVER have coffee during the day or in the morning.
But on weekend nights, I prefer to hangout at a coffee bar (usually a local place, not a chain) than a "real" bar.

I keep seeing rain on the extended forecast, hopefully it will just be some
short FL sunshowers! I plan on having Thanksgiving dinner outside on the
terrace of Charley's Crab.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Glad the long overdue renovations look good ... do you have any pictures to share of the interior? The HOA seems to be keeping it a secret as only the old pics show, even on the Marriott site.

Brian

We hope to be able to post some photos when we return home. Haven't taken any of the unit yet. We usually take some before we "move in" but it was late on Saturday night and we didn't care, just wanted to get to sleep before having to het up early for the Nascar race. We will take some after we pack up and the place is presentable again.