• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

aruba

TUG Member
Reaction score
which is better and why?
marriott aruba surf club or Marriott Aruba ocean club?

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both are "better"!

Some love OC, some love SC.
We prefer OC b/c it is smaller and not as crowded as SC.

You will probably get responses from lovers of both OC & SC.

Are you buying? Or, exchanging? Or, what?

Smooth Air:cool:

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of past info in TUG....

Try pasteing this string in your Google search box. Lots of past information..

aruba surf ocean better site:tugbbs.com

or just:

aruba surf ocean site:tugbbs.com

TravelMamma

TUG Member
Reaction score
which is better and why?
marriott aruba surf club or Marriott Aruba ocean club?

They are both great choices, can't go wrong with either one. I prefer the Ocean Club because it is smaller, quieter, and the beach area in my opinion is a better experience (they have a slightly larger swimming/beach area with less guests using the facilities, which makes it less crowded and easier to reserve beach huts). When we brought our kids with us though, I prefered the Surf Club, the pool is bigger, has the lazy river and a slide, so it kept them entertained more. For our family, if we want more beach time we do Ocean Club or if we want more pool time we do the Surf Club. Of course you can enjoy both at both resorts, from my experience Ocean does the beach better and Surf does the pools better. Have fun!

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
I agree w/TravelMama. Another consideration is the Surf Club has washers/dryers in the 1 and 2 bedroom units vs. the Ocean Club which has them on every other floor. We prefer the Surf Club even though we love the beach over the pool. We use the lazy river in the late afternoon/evening when the crowds are gone. Both are great resorts and you can't go wrong with either choice. Am counting down the weeks to our annual trip to the SC :cheer: .

Ingrid

sd2734

Reaction score
Going to the SC in May, but was hoping for the OC...

Just got an exchange thru II for mid May for Marriott's SC--really excited--thanks II!
We wanted the OC based on TUG reviews/recommendations, but the exchange was too good to pass on.
Initially, it was going to be just DW and me, but now we are looking for some friends to join us along for this great trip.
We got a 2Bedroom villa by relinquishing our Ocean Pointe Studio--not a bad trade:D
We have never been to Aruba's Marriotts, but from what we gather OC and SC should be pretty nice and comparable, although one cannot share the facilities while vacationing there.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since it hasnt been mentioned on this thread, OC guests have access to the Marriott hotel pools and vice versa, however SC guests do not.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Since it hasnt been mentioned on this thread, OC guests have access to the Marriott hotel pools and vice versa, however SC guests do not.
Except for the new pool at the hotel, just fyi.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I agree w/TravelMama. Another consideration is the Surf Club has washers/dryers in the 1 and 2 bedroom units vs. the Ocean Club which has them on every other floor. We prefer the Surf Club even though we love the beach over the pool. We use the lazy river in the late afternoon/evening when the crowds are gone. Both are great resorts and you can't go wrong with either choice. Am counting down the weeks to our annual trip to the SC :cheer: .

Ingrid

I agree with Ingrid- first and foremost, I love going to Aruba, but I do prefer the SC's units and their pool, even though I spend most of my time at the beach. Those couple of hours spent during the week on the Lazy River though just can't be beat (in my opinion, of course).

sd2734- Don't forget to bring tubes with you. Great flexchange trade (I'm assuming). The units are great for friends coming along, with every unit having a lock-out feature even if you don't use it (so you each have a private entry, which is a nice plus with friends).

Enjoy the weather, the beach and pool, and the great restaurants- perfect recipe for a wonderful vacation!!