• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba Surf Club Into Ii

pdwyerdpm

Reaction score
Have Just Reserved 2 Bedroom Aruba Surf Club For Feb 24 ,2007.
Due To New Position For My Wife Will Not Be Able To Travel With Children During The Feb School Vacation.

What Is The Likely Possibilities Of Splitting The Unit And Getting Surf Club Or Ocean Club For Thanksgiving 2006?

I Am Kind Of New At This Thank For Your Help. :)

TinaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd say the likelihood of getting Thanksgiving 2006 in Aruba now are very very slim. We own one week each at Ocean and Surf Club. I book 13 months out and had a very very difficult time this year getting my Thanksgiving week and the week after.

As for locking it off, I have never done that so don't know the first thing about it. We usually have relatives stay with us in the 2BR Surf Club and then just the two of us in the 1BR Ocean Club.

You can always try though. I sure wish you the best of luck.

TinaS

pdwyerdpm

Reaction score
better chances?

WOULD I HAVE BETTER LUCK WITH PALM BEACH MARRIOTT FOR THANKSG :confused: IVING?

tompk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see aruba marriott efficiencies for thansgiving of '06, but thats all I know.

floyddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trading a 2BR February week should get you into Ocean or Surf Club for Thanksgiving relatively easily. If you split it and try to get a 2BR with the 1BR or Efficiency you will likely be able to get it within the 60 day window. You wouldn't be able to have an ongoing search for a larger unit but if you have lot's of spare time to do frequent online searches you might get lucky.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
floyddl said:
Trading a 2BR February week should get you into Ocean or Surf Club for Thanksgiving relatively easily. If you split it and try to get a 2BR with the 1BR or Efficiency you will likely be able to get it within the 60 day window. You wouldn't be able to have an ongoing search for a larger unit but if you have lot's of spare time to do frequent online searches you might get lucky.

Getting a two bedroom Marriott in Aruba for Thanksgiving week, easy? Absolutely not. Even though the week being traded is very strong there still needs to be a deposit of that week to get the exchange. This is very very unlikely.
As far as seeing a two bedroom for that week just sitting online in inventory, forget it. Not going to happen.

floyddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that Thanksgiving is a holiday week but it is also in Gold season and by virtue of it being one of the better weeks in the Gold season it is difficult to reserve because a large percentage of the people that own Gold try to reserve it for trading power. But, I feel very confident that a Platinum 2BR would easily get a trade for Thanksgiving week. And yes, I believe that people are depositing those weeks. Keep in mind that with Surf Club now offering as second building there are going to be many more rooms available.