• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba renaissance

lshpak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Considering buying week 1 at Renaissance Aruba resort ( 1 bedroom). Can anyone tell me anything I should look out for (special assessment, bad management)? Thank you in advance.

Armada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Old Town Alexandria
La Belle Maison
I like this property, but am not familiar with its management and maintenance fees. I only have stayed there on a trade or Marriott award and it has been a few years.

How familiar are you with the property? It is basically two properties across the street from each other. The building where the timeshares are usually is referred to as the resort units. The other inland building across the street is more of a hotel and is adults only. Also, the timeshares building is only a timeshare on alternating floors. The other floors are owned by the hotel. View can be important. Also the end units that abut the water are larger. The private island is definitely a plus.

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar
We recently purchased a timeshare at this resort and just used it for the first time. In a nutshell, we love it!! The maintenance fees are very reasonable for a beach resort and the property is extremely well maintained. We met several 15-20 year timeshare owners during our visit and they told us they’ve only had a $1,000 special assessment once every 10 years in order to remodel the rooms. They also said the MF % increase each year is very reasonable. A number of the owners actually own more than one week. The private island is wonderful, but we really enjoyed the lagoon and pool areas. Many of the employees have worked at the resort for a number of years and the views are spectacular from the upper floor units. Although the units are a 1/1 bedroom-bath, they have a sofa sleeper for 2 more people. However, if traveling with anyone besides small kids, I’d recommend a second room.

As the OP notes, there is a hotel part of the resort located across the street and the timeshare portion located on the beach. The timeshare floors are 1, 3 and 5 with floors 2 and 4 being available to rent. The timeshares are all sold as a deeded unit/week that can be traded on Interval International or swapped internally for another week (deeded unit isn’t guaranteed if exchanging weeks).

Also, there is a Facebook owners group that I’d recommend joining if you’re interested in renting or buying one of these units. Many of the owners rent or sell their weeks via this group and the rental prices are often much lower than the Marriott and other online website prices. The transfer process for purchasing one of the units is extremely easy and there is a $250 transfer fee charged by the resort to process the change in ownership. It took less than one month for everything to be completed and the new agreement to be re-titled in my name.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We recently purchased a timeshare at this resort and just used it for the first time. In a nutshell, we love it!! The maintenance fees are very reasonable for a beach resort and the property is extremely well maintained. We met several 15-20 year timeshare owners during our visit and they told us they’ve only had a $1,000 special assessment once every 10 years in order to remodel the rooms. They also said the MF % increase each year is very reasonable. A number of the owners actually own more than one week. The private island is wonderful, but we really enjoyed the lagoon and pool areas. Many of the employees have worked at the resort for a number of years and the views are spectacular from the upper floor units. Although the units are a 1/1 bedroom-bath, they have a sofa sleeper for 2 more people. However, if traveling with anyone besides small kids, I’d recommend a second room.

As the OP notes, there is a hotel part of the resort located across the street and the timeshare portion located on the beach. The timeshare floors are 1, 3 and 5 with floors 2 and 4 being available to rent. The timeshares are all sold as a deeded unit/week that can be traded on Interval International or swapped internally for another week (deeded unit isn’t guaranteed).

Also, there is a Facebook owners group that I’d recommend joining if you’re interested in renting or buying one of these units. Many of the owners rent or sell their weeks via this group and the rental prices are often much lower than the Marriott and other online website prices. The transfer process for purchasing one of the units is extremely easy and there is a $250 transfer fee charged by the resort to process the change in ownership. It took less than one month for everything to be completed and the new agreement to be re-titled in my name.
What is the name of the Facebook Group? I tried searching for one but I can't find it. We will be staying in the hotel portion in June. As I understand, the hotel portion that is on the mainland side is called the Marina Hotel and is adults only. Then the other side with the timeshare units is called the Ocean Suites. I understand there are pools at both sides of the resort. Do each of them share amenities. Meaning, can guests at the Marina Hotel utilize the pool over at the Ocean Suites?

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar
What is the name of the Facebook Group? I tried searching for one but I can't find it. We will be staying in the hotel portion in June. As I understand, the hotel portion that is on the mainland side is called the Marina Hotel and is adults only. Then the other side with the timeshare units is called the Ocean Suites. I understand there are pools at both sides of the resort. Do each of them share amenities. Meaning, can guests at the Marina Hotel utilize the pool over at the Ocean Suites?
Renaissance Aruba Timeshares Rentals and Sales is the FB group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ROSAT.Sales) for sales and rentals. There is also a separate website for timeshare owners and guests of the property (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Renaissancetimeshare) that posts activities and other local information. The hotel is across the street from the beach resort and is an 8 minute walk from one to the other. They also have golf carts and will drive you back and forth if you’d like. The pool at the hotel is very nice and both properties share all amenities (except no kids in the hotel pool). The boat that takes you to the private island has a pick up point right in the hotel lobby. Most of the restaurants are located in the hotel portion of the property, but Fresco at the timeshare resort has excellent food. We did see some children wandering around the hotel portion of the property, but I’m not sure if they were just visiting because we were only there for the spa. Enjoy your trip and have a fun time!