• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba and Curacao

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am thinking of a family vacation next summer in Aruba and Curacao with 1 week in each location. We’d be staying at Marriott’s Aruba Surf Club for the Aruba portion. A few questions:
- For the Curacao portion, I am wondering which resorts would be recommended? We are looking for a 2BR with kitchen but in a resort not an AirBnb. I am leaning toward LionsDive Beach Resort because it is an eco-resort that seems popular with divers and has 2BR units. There are also a couple other resorts that looked nice with 2BR unit such as Avila Beach Hotel. Has anyone stayed in Curacao and where did you stay?
- I am wondering about activities on both islands. What would be some fun activities in Aruba and Curacao? Anything that would be unique to these islands that we must see or do?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I love both of these islands so much. You could explore a new beach every day. Amazing snorkeling spots. Charter sail boat tours. A Jeep tour in Aruba. Visit the Aruba Aloe farm. Eat at Papiamento.

Spend a day wandering around the main town in Curacao, and find a tasty place for lunch. Talk to people about how much they love Andruw Jones. :D Definitely try to get out to Klein Curacao if you can.

Buy amazing Dutch cheese everywhere and be sure to bring some home. The ABC islands are my favorite Caribbean islands, with Saba coming in a close 4th. :) The people are amazing, and there is not the gross wealth inequities that you see in other Caribbean islands.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you plan on traveling from Aruba to Curacao?
How to get from one island to the next without going back to Miami?

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to both islands on the same trip; I liked Aruba and *loved* Curacao. We stayed in 3 places there, one was sort of a resort called Lagun Blou, not a timeshare - it was a spectacularly beautiful setting (but I had a few complaints which I'll convey privately if you want more info). We also spent a week in a VRBO condo which was excellent. Activities beyond the usual snorkeling and diving: flocks of wild flamingos at the salt flats on Curacao (not the clipped wing ones). Excellent museum on Curacao, Kura Hulanda. There was a cultural street festival on Curacao which I can't recall specifics of, except beautiful costumes and dancing. Oldest synagogue in western hemisphere in Curacao where we had Seder reservations on our scheduled day of arrival, then alas, there was a delay on the tiny inter-island flight and we missed it -- don't get too attached to plans immediately following your inter-island flight.