• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Arrived at Harborside.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Arrived at the Bahamian resort yesterday. Thanks to all of the pre-planning advice from all of the Tugsters and advice from Trip Advisor taxi and Market place shopping went well. The Atlantis property is fabulous. Already went on most of the water rides, and activities.

The weather if fabulous. The temp and humidity is just perfect. Water temps are also perfect.

We did experience a major snafu with our unit. I will elaborate when I return, as I really don't want to rant about it now.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm here also! We checked in late Friday night, and spent about 36 hrs waiting to get moved to a closer location (mother & wife both have problems walking). We finally got moved to Bldg 1, so pretty much everyone coming to/from the lobby walks past our window.

I prefer the decor of Phase I, though it was interesting to be in Phase II for a couple of nights to be able to compare. As billymach4 stated, weather has been great.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Have gotten mixed answers about any renovating going on in Phase 1--got report in September from someone there that reception building units were being done already==then last week a report that it was not being done until 2009.
I own in phase 1 and prefer the tropical decor but others like the more modern look--personally I hope they stick with tropical in phase 1.
Any info would be appreciated.

readyalready

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were supposed to be there next week but could never pull the airfare trigger. We have friends who will be enjoying our two bedroom unit in phase two instead. Please pass along any tips or great dining experiences and I'll forward them on...

Have a great trip, hope your unit issue got resolved.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm here also! We checked in late Friday night, and spent about 36 hrs waiting to get moved to a closer location (mother & wife both have problems walking). We finally got moved to Bldg 1, so pretty much everyone coming to/from the lobby walks past our window.

I prefer the decor of Phase I, though it was interesting to be in Phase II for a couple of nights to be able to compare. As billymach4 stated, weather has been great.

If you don't mind my asking, what building were you in at first?

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in building 6. All the way down to the edge of the property, with an extrance on the back side. I guess they had to put the Phase II units somewhere, but both location and views are no where near as good as Phase I.

Speaking of Phase I, there's no renovations in our unit I can see. Phase II have larger, flat planel (tube, not LC) tv's, and Bose CD/DVD/FM stereos. The tv's in Phase I are older, smaller, with cheap DVD players. The cabinets in Phase II are MUCH larger than Phase II (we could have put our entire 26" suitcase in one of the bedroom drawers, with room to spare.

I also much prefer the brighter, Carribbean colors of Phase I to perhaps the Danish - modern Phase II style.

Jeff

JAKEANDERIC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a wonderful time!!
We were there at the end of August and loved it (I had exchanged some of my DVC points in a private exchange). Just a coupla tips to save some $$ food-wise...After you eat at Mesa Grill and Nobu (which are both amazing, BTW) you can "balance out" the food expenditure in the following ways:
- order in from Double Dragon (they deliver right to the front desk)
- Buy a container of tuna salad or egg salad ($3!)from Murrays, and if you brought any bread or bagels, there is your lunch for a coupla days
- When you go to Murrays, help yourself to their condiments for your room
(who wants to buy a huge thing of butter when you're on vacation?)
- If you take the water taxi to Nassau, there is a market right across form the tortuga rum cake store and their prices are a small fraction of the prices on Paradise island- We bought lots of water there, among other things.

Have a great time, and feel free to ask any ?s
Janis

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in building 5. Lot of walking here but that is OK with us. Gets us up off our butts and we take in all of the sights. As long as the rain stays away I am good.

We did get some items at the market by the ferry in Nassau today. That is so funny someone else posted that. We also heard the same thing about the Double Dragon restaurant.

Also I ran into a couple from the old neighborhood back home. George and Donna are Tuggers here on vacation. I had not seen George for at least 4 years even though we live within 1 mile. They are Tuggers as well, and I did not even know it!

Also I was on the phone with Seth Nock last week and mentioned I was going to be here, and he told me his folks were here as well. What a coincidence, since occupancy here is at less than 50%.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score

JeffW,

I think I know what unit you are in. I walk past that unit and wonder how people feel being in a unit that has so much foot traffic passing by. But you have a good reason for the location. Enjoy your stay!:cheer:

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Advertising Deleted

[TUG rules do not allow any advertising in the forums.-DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

BeckyG

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there last week in building 5 (had a wonderful time). I had no idea you could get delivery to the front desk from any of the restaurants. We actually called the front desk and asked if there was any food delivery and were told "no". Something to keep in mind for the future!

By the way, the front desk also told us that all the Marina restaurants were open until 11pm on Friday night, and found out it wasn't true (at 10:03 pm at Carmines). So double-check anything they tell you!

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we got in on Friday, the Harborside front desk told us that (at 10pm), the only restaurant still open was Atlas Grill in Royal Tours. I went over there, but it was only burgers (not in the mood for it at that hour), and at $16+ each, not ready to pay those prices ~2 hrs after landing.

On Saturday, we found out that Johnny Rockets stays open until 11pm. While they are mostly burgers, they also had other sandwiches, fries, salads, and soup (as well as ice cream), at better prices. I'm disappointed the front desk staff didn't know that. I can't be the first person looking for late-night dining options.

Jeff

JAKEANDERIC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Double Dragon has a couple of locations in Nassau. The one we ordered from is on Bay St. if you look thru the little booklets with advertisements, there are ads for Double Dragon. I remember that their delivery person doesn't start till 6 PM, so it takes about 25 min after that. They do ask for your unit # on the phone, but they go to the front desk, and then you get a call from there. One thing, though...brown rice in the Bahamas is not brown rice- it's fried rice.