• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ARP question.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
With a UDI or a UDI converted to points, say 154,000 points.
At 13 months, at the home resort, do you have to book only the week on your deed, or any week of the year at your home resort?

Could not find answer in book. Very vague.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
There's no such thing as a "UDI converted to points" as a UDI is all points, and ARP is any time of the year at 13 months at your home resort.

A fixed week converted to points only has ARP for the underlying deeded week.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
A pure week deed reads week 18 period. Are they all gone?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

You are going to [have to] clarify this question

Last edited by a moderator:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
A week never converted to points. Do they still exist?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends ... I own several of your "pure fixed deeded weeks" at some Wyndham resorts.

I also own several converted fixed deeded week - and the ARP is ONLY the underlying deeded week number and unit.

And my resorts' front desk staff generally KNOW that I or my guest EXPECT to be roosting in my fixed deeded week unless they ask, with a value reason, for a "swap" to occur. And they ask every time before the checkin day.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

I'm not sure what you mean. There are still plenty like this in the Wyndham system that exist, and they come up in the usual resale markets with regularity.

If you're talking about buying direct from Wyndham, I don't think they sell any like that any longer (certainly not at any of the newer resorts). I'm assuming any they take back from owners would be added to the CWA trust.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean. There are still plenty like this in the Wyndham system that exist, and they come up in the usual resale markets with regularity.

If you're talking about buying direct from Wyndham, I don't think they sell any like that any longer (certainly not at any of the newer resorts). I'm assuming any they take back from owners would be added to the CWA trust.
Thanks I finally found it under Wyndham select. Curious as when they try to book, how is that handled to another Wyndham?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Do you mean when they book with points? At 10 months it is the same as points from anywhere either at the home resort or elsewhere.

If they have an unconverted fixed week or float week then they would need to exchange through RCI or another exchange company like DAE, TPI, etc.

There are also float weeks (but not 1-52 which would be similar to UDI) in the Wyndham system. I would imagine if they were converted you would have ARP for any weeks that were available when in the weeks system.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you mean when they book with points? At 10 months it is the same as points from anywhere either at the home resort or elsewhere.

If they have an unconverted fixed week or float week then they would need to exchange through RCI or another exchange company like DAE, TPI, etc.

There are also float weeks (but not 1-52 which would be similar to UDI) in the Wyndham system. I would imagine if they were converted you would have ARP for any weeks that were available when in the weeks system.
Just a fixed week no points

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
A fixed week owner would have to exchange through an exchange company if they want to go somewhere else (wyndham or otherwise) or if they want to stay at their home resort for a different week.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks I finally found it under Wyndham select. Curious as when they try to book, how is that handled to another Wyndham?

You didnt find a discussion of fixed weeks or floating weeks in the Club Wyndham directory unless those weeks have been converted to points.

The procedures for weeks not converted to points are resort specific and not discussed in the Club Wyndham Directory, because they are not part of Club Wyndham

I own fixed weeks at Riverside Suites and they operate as true fixed weeks, ie I dont call to make reservations, I just show up. This resort is affiliated with II not with RCI, If I want to send a guest I call the resort and let them know. It makes rentals difficult because I have no Wyndham confirmation to give to my guest

I also own deeded weeks at Avenue Plaza, my deeds (at Avenue Plaza) have a specific week and unit that I own, but all the weeks here, at Avenue Plaza, not converted to points, float across 48 or 49 weeks. Wyndham has a special services desk I call to make reservations and add guests

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
By here is that Wyndham in general or your avenue plaza that floats?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It appears that you are asking: How can you exchange Wyndham weeks that are not enrolled in points?

You got your answer in post #12:
A fixed week owner would have to exchange through an exchange company if they want to go somewhere else (wyndham or otherwise) or if they want to stay at their home resort for a different week.

Let me add that I own 8 floating weeks at Wyndham resorts (no points.)

With my floating weeks, I can reserve any available week, at my home resort, in my season.

But to exchange outside my resort or season, I have to use an exchange company.

When I make home resort reservations at these resorts, I call a phone number just for that resort/resort group. I can't access them through the Wyndham website.

This is why there is always an ongoing conversation on TUG about converting Wyndham weeks to points.

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
At the 8 foats, high end, or 1 bedroom, and looking for a unit upgrade? Or season?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
By here is that Wyndham in general or your avenue plaza that floats?

Avenue Plaza has weeks which FLOAT and EVENT WEEKs. And they had special rules for booking and even splitting use over several fixed weeks (like 3 night or 4 night stays).

Yes, there MIGHT be other resorts which originally which floated (I personally can't cite which) ... but as the years go by ... those weeks are getting dumped into CWA (traded in or turned in or foreclosed on).

Whatever Ron says about Avenue Plaza is absolutely TRUE ... he is the TUG expert and might even at this point, be the resort's unpaid confidential source.

But I learned way more about some of the Wyndham 'details' on the resorts I go to, book more than 5 times a year and own deeds at. And I know about booking windows in the Wyndham points because I want the best vacation OPTIONS when using those expensive Wyndham points.

My recommendation ... learn ONLY the funny little pieces for YOUR family's vacations and those resorts/locations. A general education is gotten by the Member's Directory ... READ IT.

So if you are using Wyndham points to book ... Floating FIXED WEEKS mean NOTHING to YOU. F/W are NOT in the points computer data base.

And if you want to buy an EVENT WEEK at Avenue Plaza ... bring YOUR BIG BOY's Checkbook. Those are expensive weeks and HARD to find.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
At the 8 foats, high end, or 1 bedroom, and looking for a unit upgrade? Or season?

I'm sorry, I don't know what you are asking?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What's your number one reason you have them?

I use them for my own vacations, and for family. I do rent them when I'm not using them, but didn't buy them for rentals (and wouldn't.)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So - Is that what you were asking? How to reserve and exchange Wyndham weeks without points?

Since Wyndham took over these resorts, in many cases after they had been in existence for some time, the reservation rules vary from resort to resort.

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to try to figure out why foxrun pulled out of Wyndham. When that's why we bought there in the
80's they went with VRI. We bought points.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You lost me there: Why didn't you just ask why Foxrun pulled out of Wyndham?

I don't know anything about Foxrun, but in situations that I'm familiar with where the resort actually fired the mgmt. Co. and got someone else, they were unhappy with the management Co., and the BOD voted to get somebody else.

I don't know if Foxrun quit Wyndham, or Wyndham quit Foxfun.

Last edited: