• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are you in Aruba March 6th?

chrisnwillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Come join us for a great BB party aboard the Jolly Pirate for a sunset sail and dinner immediately following at MoomBa's. Your option of doing both, or just cruise, or just dinner, but we'd love to have everyone for the full event. A good time guaranteed!

Sign up and reserve on the following website. Lot's of familiar names are already signed up!

https://www.jollypirates.com/partyorder.php

chrisnwillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is wonderful Linda! I can't wait to meet you both!

Chris

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be in Aruba then--our first time! SOunds like a blast. I will ask the other couple coming with us to see if they would like to go. Thanks for offering this.

Donna

powrbkr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be in Aruba that week also...just need to check if our entire party would like to attend.

--------------------
Tom

chrisnwillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
powrbkr and donnaval, that would be great. There are already about 25 of us signed up from here and the www.aruba-bb.com forum. We did this last year and had a wonderul time and if you would also like to stay afterwards for dinner, the owner of the Jolly Pirate ship, Carla, will be our host there as well and there are lots of fun prizes!

Please check the special website she has set up for us for the dinner menu if you are interested.

Hope to see you there!

Chris

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chris--it's a go for us, too, so add four more to your total! Joe and Donna, and Dom and Lynn.

This is our first time--I assume that the rope swing means it would be a good idea to wear a swimsuit????

Also, we'll be at the Costa Linda, and we have a car, but would it be a good idea (hic) to take a taxi instead?

chrisnwillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
donnaval said:
Chris--it's a go for us, too, so add four more to your total! Joe and Donna, and Dom and Lynn.

This is our first time--I assume that the rope swing means it would be a good idea to wear a swimsuit????

Also, we'll be at the Costa Linda, and we have a car, but would it be a good idea (hic) to take a taxi instead?

Donna, did you sign up on the website? If not, you need to do that and your option of just the cruise, just dinner, or both. The menu is up on the website as well.

If you are daring enough to do the rope swing, I'd wear a bathing suit and bring your towel..and then a change of clothes! I'm not that brave!

Also, drinks flow very freely on the JP....so a taxi might be a good thing!

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chris--thanks for the info! Sounds like no swimsuit, and no car, for me lol. We did sign up on the website and the other couple will do so too.

chrisnwillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent Donna. I look forword to meeting all of you! I'll be the one asking everyone, are you Donna? ;)

lvhmbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're at Costa Linda as well and will be driving (DH not much of a drinker - maybe one Strawberry Daq or glass of wine) so if it works out we'll give you a ride back. He'll need to take me anyway because I'll be going to the Alhambra next door to gamble. He plays poker at the Rad so he'll drop me and swing back to the Rad. We're in 4033 from Feb. 24 thru March 17. (my fingers tried to type May lol - that WOULD be great). See you at pool aerobics!

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chris--maybe I'll take along my "The Donnas" T shirt and wear it that night, it's a good party shirt.

lvhmbh--that you so much for the offer, that is so sweet! There will be four of us, though--are the cars in Aruba as small as I hear, and if so, would we all fit lol. Even if we can't ride together I'm sure we can meet up at the resort. I've never been to Aruba, or the Costa Linda obviously, so don't know what in the world to expect. Pool aerobics, huh? That sounds good.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
We will be in Aruba on the 6th. We have never done the BBQ or cruise. Can you give me details.

Donna

chrisnwillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Donna! There are about 30 of us that will be there the same time this year, so Carla, who owns the Jolly Pirate, has given us a special rate for her sunset cruise aboard, and dinner following at MoomBa's which is where you get on and off the Jolly Pirate. She will also be our "host" for the cruise and dinner...and during the dinner, she has prizes she gives away...some of them are tee shirts with the JP logo, jeep tours, banana bus excursion, etc. A very fun evening. Here is the info on her webpage about it....if you decide to go, you need to register on her special webpage which is:

https://www.jollypirates.com/partyorder.php

Here is the info: you can choose to do both, or just the cruise or just the dinner with us!

Party date: Monday, March 6, 2006

Time: Meet & Board at 4:30 pm

Cruise only price (5 - 7 pm): US$20 per person

Buffet dinner at Moomba Beach Restaurant (7 pm): $25 per person

Dinner choices should be made the evening of the party

3-course Menu (When we get there)
Choose one from each:

Appetizers
Ceasar Salad
Shrimp Cocktail
Calamari

Entrees
Catch of the Day
Mix Grill
Chicken Fajita

Dessert
Apple Pie
Tiramisu
Cheese Cake

Hope to see you there!

Chris

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We signed up. Sounds like fun. See you on the 6th.

Donna

chrisnwillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great! Looking forward to meeting you! I forgot to mention also, to everyone that is going...if you are a vergetarian, then you may additionally order one of their vegetarian dishes.

Chris

JillC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jolly Pirate

Sounds like all of you are going to have a blast. Would love to come but won't be leaving til March 24th. Anyone else going to be in Aruba last week in March? Maybe we can start something up.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks like there will be a few "Donna's" on the cruise.

Donna

chrisnwillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you're right! I'll be the one running around asking, "are you Donna?" :)

sheilas

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be in Aruba for our first time that week and have signed up for the sunset sail and dinner afterwards for ourselves and another couple. Sounds like fun !!! Sheila S.

chrisnwillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds wonderful! Can't wait to meet everyone from TUG!

Chris

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is going to be so great! This will be our niece & nephew's very first timeshare stay, and it will be so nice to let them see first-hand how friendly timesharers really are. Can't wait.

My niece's name is Lynn, so she's not a Donna, but my nephew is Dom, so he's close!

Donna V.

chrisnwillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm leaving for Aruba Friday morning. I will see all of you March 6th on the JP and for dinner at MoomBa's afterwards. Looking forward to meeting all of you and having a great time! See you there!

sheilas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Christy !!! What a great time we had on the Jolly Pirate Sunset Sail and the dinner afterwards.. This was our first trip to Aruba and it won't be our last.. That was so nice of you to organize the sunset sail and dinner!!! Sheila S.

lvhmbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You Chris!!!

You and Carla did a great job!!! We had a blast! What a great group - can we do it again next year???? Pretty please! :p Linda