• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone want to outbid me?-Valdoro

hgvcowner88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
HGVC Tuscany Village
HGVC Boulevard
I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I made the mistake of tipsy eBay-ing over the weekend. I bid on a Hawaii deed, two Vegas deeds, and a Valdoro (Colorado) deed. I won both the Hawaii and one of the Vegas deeds already and the Valdoro one closes in a day and I'm so so hoping I get outbid on the last one. The maintenance fees are great and all but I just didn't plan on winning this many deeds so quickly. Send help! lol.

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
LOL! Errrr I guess you could let one go (ebay has a certain number of dings before you get cut off). Or you could message the seller and tell them you made a mistake and they can cancel your bid...

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I only bid on thing on eBay when I am 110% sure I want to.

However, real estate bids on the platform are not legally binding. If I found myself in your situation for a timeshare, I would cancel the bid or back out after it closed.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
The maintenance fees are great
If you are looking at the 2BR Valdoro (EEY 2 intervals) for 22,400 pts ebay listing which lists MFs at $2,285,24. Those MFs are NOT correct. The correct MF for that listing should be around $3,470.40. MFs at Valdoro are billed differently (along with the different deeds). That listing doesn't include the MFs which will be due in June/July timeframe which will be around $1110.

hgvcowner88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
HGVC Tuscany Village
HGVC Boulevard
If you are looking at the 2BR Valdoro (EEY 2 intervals) for 22,400 pts ebay listing which lists MFs at $2,285,24. Those MFs are NOT correct. The correct MF for that listing should be around $3,470.40. MFs at Valdoro are billed differently (along with the different deeds). That listing doesn't include the MFs which will be due in June/July timeframe which will be around $1110.
Well that's definitely worse. Damn. I was wondering why the MFs were so low.

hgvcowner88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
HGVC Tuscany Village
HGVC Boulevard
I only bid on thing on eBay when I am 110% sure I want to.

However, real estate bids on the platform are not legally binding. If I found myself in your situation for a timeshare, I would cancel the bid or back out after it closed.

I kept bidding on things and losing. So then I was like well I'll bid on multiple listings and then I'm bound to win one. Yeah. It's working out really well for me so far. lol.

I emailed the seller (who I bought the Vegas deed from) asking to cancel my bid. We'll see what they say.

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, there is an easy out on that one...misinformation!

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I was thinking "less than $1,300 mf for a ski week in Breck (EOY) is a killer deal, and the summer week ($1,300 mf EOY) is just a bonus." I might bid even with the crazy closing costs and Hilton garbage fees. More than $1,700 mf per week (EOY winter and summer) for a 2 bedroom, plus closing costs and garbage fees is too much for me.

I am out as a potential bidder, but I am sure there are other CO skiers who will find value and outbid the current high bid, but it might not be until the last day or last few minutes/seconds.

hgvcowner88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
HGVC Tuscany Village
HGVC Boulevard
Good to know. I was thinking "less than $1,300 mf for a ski week in Breck (EOY) is a killer deal, and the summer week ($1,300 mf EOY) is just a bonus." I might bid even with the crazy closing costs and Hilton garbage fees. More than $1,700 mf per week (EOY winter and summer) for a 2 bedroom, plus closing costs and garbage fees is too much for me.

I am out as a potential bidder, but I am sure there are other CO skiers who will find value and outbid the current high bid, but it might not be until the last day or last few minutes/seconds.
I know! That’s what I was thinking too. Plus even pretty good maintenance fees per point regardless. Definitely didn’t know about the summer fees. I did also send a message to the seller to confirm the maintenance fees.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
You can retract your bid. I’ve had to do it when I missed the fine print.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Unfortunately, Valdoro has some of the highest MFs/points in the HGVC system. Wow, I would love for it to be in the order of what was listed in that eBay ad.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I did also send a message to the seller to confirm the maintenance fees.
FYI, Here are the MFs for Valdoro which were posted by @echino. Now, that listing is the MFs for only 1 interval or week. So the MFs for the ebay listing would be twice that. Also, you will notice that the post lists the OF twice (that isn't a mistake). That is because at Valdoro you pay 1/2 OF, RF & RET in January and then you pay the second half of the OF by July 1st. I am very familiar with most of Valdoro quarks because I own a 3Br platinum ski week there. You also need to be careful about buying a platinum deed at Valdoro because it has both platinum ski (winter) and platinum (summer) deeds.

Valdoro Mountain Lodge 2br

Fees are paid in two parts, one is due January 1, the other is due July 1.

2023 Operating Fee $555.18 01/01/2023
2023 Operating Fee $555.18 07/01/2023
2023 Reserve Fee $557.45 01/01/2023
2023 Real Estate Tax $67.39 01/01/2023
2023 Total $1,735.20

+$126.87 or +7.89% over 2022

hgvcowner88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
HGVC Tuscany Village
HGVC Boulevard
Thank you all so much for both the suggestions and the information! You all totally saved me! The seller removed my bid this morning and it dropped down to $3500 and now it's back up to $4200 already! So I don't feel as bad.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Thank you all so much for both the suggestions and the information! You all totally saved me! The seller removed my bid this morning and it dropped down to $3500 and now it's back up to $4200 already! So I don't feel as bad.

Glad that worked out for you. I have never sold a TS on eBay, but have sold quite a few other items. I have had a a fair number of people back out of auctions, sometimes in advance, and other times after they win. That seemed the most common with jewelry, got lots of "accidental bids" late at night

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Those new owners aren't going to be happy when they find out in 2024 that the MFs are actually $1K higher.