• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone use the Short stays in II?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Interesting now I gotta figure out how that’s done
I think you have to have a gold or platinum level membership to be able to do short stay exchanges. Or maybe just platinum, I forget. I always upgraded to platinum when I needed it.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a platinum account for my non DVC trading units. Will definitely be looking around the website again to figure out how it works

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
@CPNY thank you-
Couldn’t see it on mobile device switched to desktop mode
So yup seeing OKW & SSR

dekeblack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Granted I am still learning II and no idea if you can do a sort exchange but according to DVC - DVC shouldn't be showing up in getaways or short stay getaways- it’s in the DVC II paperwork that it’s exchanges only.
I really think that I saw something that should not have happened. It was early on when DVC switched back to II, and like I said, I have not seen it since... and I check a lot.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
When DVC first came back to II they also didn’t have the regional block in place yet. We were able to exchange in with our MGV deposit.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
When DVC first came back to II they also didn’t have the regional block in place yet. We were able to exchange in with our MGV deposit.

Yes I saw several DVC units with my HL and GV prior to the block being added back. Now I can only see Disney with my WR or if I use my GV to make a Florida Club reservation at one of the other resorts and deposit that instead of GV directly.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really think that I saw something that should not have happened. It was early on when DVC switched back to II, and like I said, I have not seen it since... and I check a lot.
They are there for short stay exchange-
I looked using WPN 2 bedroom and could see tons of Marriott and DVC units through September ( mostly 1 bedrooms- and 1 2 bedroom at OKW…

Love TUG for learning things like this I had no idea I could do this

dekeblack

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked using WPN 2 bedroom and could see tons of Marriott and DVC units through September ( mostly 1 bedrooms- and 1 2 bedroom at OKW…

Wow, that's cool. I have Worldmark, and I can't see any of the DVC in Short Stay Exchange... so my thought was DVC didn't allow it. I would be curious if DVC charges the full $190 for a short stay exchange. FYI, I can see DVC in the regular exchange and a lot of Marriott's in the short stay exchange... I just can't see any DVC in the short stay exchange.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

What is WPN?
Thanks for checking this.
I want to pick up a Marriott trader so wonder if they can see them as well.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Here's our lanai/balcony view from our current shortstay exchange into Kauai Beach Club (used our Colonies unit).

Attachments

• 20240518_191409.jpg
    20240518_191409.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 8

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
So in the overbuilt, is it overbuilt Marriotts in Orlando?
I go to Orlando often.
Yes I have seen Marriotts, opted for VIT instead as it was 2bd and 1/2 price; but for ss Orlando etc...just do cash getaways not exchange it's far cheaper

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Granted I am still learning II and no idea if you can do a sort exchange but according to DVC - DVC shouldn't be showing up in getaways or short stay getaways- it’s in the DVC II paperwork that it’s exchanges only.
Both exchange and getaways (rare)

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back when they started ShortStay getaways we tried them out. They had a big sale and we scored a couple Marriott studios for under $100 each.
Like everything else, those prices are now hyper inflated.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I had been mulling a short stay exchange and after reading this thread, I took another look. I found something that is perfect for us (Northstar in the fall) and decided to book a 6 night stay. For my Quarter House week I will get a full week AC (pulls better than the free ACs that wind up in our accounts), plus two 6 night short stays. I saw both Northstar (Truckee) and the Hyatt in Incline Village, so a couple of pretty nice locations that I would be happy to use in the off season. It makes for some very cost effective weeks - roughly $85/night all in (MF, exch fees, platinum membership). I am happy to see that there are still deals to be had in II exchanging.