• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone purchased a Fairfield resale?

txpaulc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any insight or advice on Fairfield managed resorts vs Wyndham. I gather that Wyndham is the parent company, but wonder if points from Fairfield are equal to Club Wyndham Plus points.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any insight or advice on Fairfield managed resorts vs Wyndham. I gather that Wyndham is the parent company, but wonder if points from Fairfield are equal to Club Wyndham Plus points.

If it is points, Fairfield and Wyndham are synonymous. Also, the resorts are either Wyndham managed, or HOA managed if it is a "Fairfield" resort.

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since Fairfield no longer exists... any references to Fairfield management or points are outdated (the few exceptions that harkens back to Fairfield is the FairShare Trust documentation and resorts that had Fairfield in the name, like Fairfield Bay). All things Fairfield became Wyndham and should be treated as the same for all practical purposes.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had purchased Fairfield points and it all blended in with my purchased Wyndham points. They are one in the same....

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had purchased Fairfield points and it all blended in with my purchased Wyndham points. They are one in the same....

El Cid vacation club had Fairfield points and they were not good for all Wyndham resorts, so they were not the same as Wyndham points. I'd like to hear more details from the OP about the purchase.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
El Cid vacation club had Fairfield points and they were not good for all Wyndham resorts, so they were not the same as Wyndham points. I'd like to hear more details from the OP about the purchase.

What makes El Cid Wyndham points different? I thought points are points...

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

I own a Wyndham El Cid points contract and the points work just fine, Points are Points, after all

There are El Cid points that I think work as posted (ie good at some Wyndham resorts, but not all of them)

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

The contract I had called them Fairfield points and they were only good at the initial Fairfield resorts. That list did not include many of the newer Wyndham resorts.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think these points are the "different ones". If not someone got a great deal and low MF! ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-105-000-P...RE-FOR-SALE-/281761181461?hash=item419a466f15
The contract I had called them Fairfield points and they were only good at the initial Fairfield resorts. That list did not include many of the newer Wyndham resorts.
There are apparently at least two different types of El Cid contracts. One seems to be actual Wyndham points associated with El Cid inventory as Ron mentioned. A second type is an El Cid points contract that is meant to be used primarily within the El Cid system. These can be used in some of the Wyndham resorts as associate or affiliate locations (similar to how Club Wyndham points can be used at some--but not all--Shell resorts).

I inquired on the eBay listing above, and the broker described it as the latter type of contract.