• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone playing wordle?

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Thanks for the heads up. Just downloaded it and gave it a spin. It's pretty doable, especially when they prevent you from entering some words because they aren't on their list. I was able to solve the first 3 I tried with only 3 or 4 tries. The blurb on the link says a new puzzle every day but I was able to keep playing.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
Every day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaesibley

Reaction score

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I recently started playing this. I'm not usually one for online games, so I tend to forget about it till I see someone post their results for that day. So far, I'm enjoying it.

Dave

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Wonder how long this will last?

Cheers

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
NYT bought Wordle last week - betting it's going to become an in-app payment model of some kind soon. We play it as a family every day and share our results in a text thread in the name of playful competition.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
NYT bought Wordle last week - betting it's going to become an in-app payment model of some kind soon. We play it as a family every day and share our results in a text thread in the name of playful competition.

And if it does become a paid model, I'll move on. It's entertaining, but not THAT entertaining.

Dave

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I love it! My co-workers have a sharing text string. My friends and family do it. I'm hooked.
It puts me in a good mood every morning.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I kept seeing references to it. My son explained it to me last weekend. I’m hooked. A nice way to start the day. I don’t want it to allow more than one puzzle a day or I will waste more time!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
And if it does become a paid model, I'll move on. It's entertaining, but not THAT entertaining.

Dave
I play it every day and love it. I have a digital subscription to NYT so, hopefully, if they put it behind a paywall, it’ll be the one I have access to.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes. I noticed that in the OP, the link for the game was a website powerlanguage.co.uk. Now if you click that link, it's the NY Times.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I play it every day and love it. I have a digital subscription to NYT so, hopefully, if they put it behind a paywall, it’ll be the one I have access to.

That's excellent. I don't have a NYT subscription, and doubt I'd want to start one just for the side benefit of playing Wordle.

If I have a complaint about the game itself, it's that there is no clue as to which type of word they're looking for that day. If they offered some kind of a clue it might give a better direction to things. It's easy to find yourself convinced you've got the right word, only to learn it was completely wrong. But how would you know that? Offering a clue similar to how crossword puzzles have clues would make it more interesting, I think. Maybe it's just me.

Dave

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
...We play it as a family every day and share our results in a text thread in the name of playful competition.

We do the same thing with our family spread thousands of miles apart, except we don't really mind how many tries it takes to get the word. We're impressed when you can make a lot of words with the remaining letters! It's fun to see everyone's guesses.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I play it every day as well. @MichaelColey told me about it on Facebook.

Today's word was tough, took me five turns to get. Usually I get it in four.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
There's another app, PuzzWord, that's similar except you can play more than one puzzle a day - a single game continues until you can't solve a word. I use it to practice when I have a few minutes.

Wordle is part of our family text groups, too, and we've developed a pattern of seeing who plays in the morning, who plays at suppertime, who jumps right on the next puzzle when it changes at midnight.

I saw this story on the 6 o'clock news last night. Whoa!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's excellent. I don't have a NYT subscription, and doubt I'd want to start one just for the side benefit of playing Wordle.

If I have a complaint about the game itself, it's that there is no clue as to which type of word they're looking for that day. If they offered some kind of a clue it might give a better direction to things. It's easy to find yourself convinced you've got the right word, only to learn it was completely wrong. But how would you know that? Offering a clue similar to how crossword puzzles have clues would make it more interesting, I think. Maybe it's just me.

Dave
I have to disagree. To me, that’s part of the allure of the game. Most mornings, I start by trying to identify the most vowels with a word like adieu. Some mornings, I just try to identify a couple vowels and a couple of the most used letters like D, S or T. And, some mornings, I feel adventurous and see if I can get inside the creators' head and take a wild guess. To me, it's a lot of fun starting from zero without a clue and seeing how long it takes to figure it out.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I have to disagree. To me, that’s part of the allure of the game. Most mornings, I start by trying to identify the most vowels with a word like adieu. Some mornings, I just try to identify a couple vowels and a couple of the most used letters like D, S or T. And, some mornings, I feel adventurous and see if I can get inside the creators' head and take a wild guess. To me, it's a lot of fun starting from zero without a clue and seeing how long it takes to figure it out.

It's obvious I need to play it longer. It's great that you enjoy it so much. I'd hope to become a bigger fan of the game. :thumbup:

Dave

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
SPOILER ALERT

We had never heard of it before reading this, and then misunderstood how it was played. I thought it was similar to the game hangman, so after my first guess was WHILE and it liked the L and E, we spent the time trying to come up with five letter words ending in LE. It didn't like STYLE, but it liked some of bUgLE. Then gUiLE and tUlLE(tulle) didn't work and we were done. We stared stupidly at the answer for a minute before realizing that the U,L,E could be in any order in the word. Duh.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
SPOILER ALERT

We had never heard of it before reading this, and then misunderstood how it was played. I thought it was similar to the game hangman, so after my first guess was WHILE and it liked the L and E, we spent the time trying to come up with five letter words ending in LE. It didn't like STYLE, but it liked some of bUgLE. Then gUiLE and tUlLE(tulle) didn't work and we were done. We stared stupidly at the answer for a minute before realizing that the U,L,E could be in any order in the word. Duh.

It can be frustrating, when the word you KNOW is right isn't. :D (That's what I meant above about having some sort of clue. Is it a noun, a verb? Something like that.)

Dave

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points