• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone playing wordle?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Four.
I started with BLEAK and only found an out of position A. Next, I tried AVOID and only avoided finding anything. Actually, I had eliminated all the remaining vowels except U so I tried JAUNT. Finally, the ending T and a U. At this point, the A has to go in position 3. I can’t think of any words that would end with xxAUT and none that would start with a U (UxAxT). So, I’m down to xUAxT. It has to be QUART.
40B9C539-BF95-4FB0-B3FE-165C8F22428F.jpeg

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Four.
I started with BLEAK and only found an out of position A. Next, I tried AVOID and only avoided finding anything. Actually, I had eliminated all the remaining vowels except U so I tried JAUNT. Finally, the ending T and a U. At this point, the A has to go in position 3. I can’t think of any words that would end with xxAUT and none that would start with a U (UxAxT). So, I’m down to xUAxT. It has to be QUART.
View attachment 61401
Our minds think alike. I'm sure that yours is great.

As for mine ... a couple of weeks ago DW and I were having quesadillas for dinner, and i was responsible for the cheese. I thought I had done enough, but it wasn't, so she told me to go back to work. That was when I realized that she was trying to make me grate again.

And those are both good Wordle words.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Had to use my thinking cap, for sure. Four.
Wordle - The New York Times.png

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our minds think alike. I'm sure that yours is great.

As for mine ... a couple of weeks ago DW and I were having quesadillas for dinner, and i was responsible for the cheese. I thought I had done enough, but it wasn't, so she told me to go back to work. That was when I realized that she was trying to make me grate again.

And those are both good Wordle words.
Thank you very much for the compliment but, not really. I just like words. You’ve actually taught me a few new ones, by the way. I’ve always enjoyed reading books and I can’t remember a time in my life that I didn’t read the daily newspaper. Late in my IT career, I moved into a corporate planning position that made writing/editing the bulk of my job. I loved it!

As for Wordle, it seems to me (based on your daily explanations) that we take different approaches, You seem to start out with a specific plan and put more thought into how you attack the puzzle every day. On the other hand, I fly by the seat of my pants and go with words off the top of my head quite often. Sometimes it serves me well, sometimes not. Many mornings, I’ll feel pretty good about getting what I consider a difficult word in 3 or 4 attempts, only to find that you solved it in 2 or 3. So, sometimes in the spirit of competition, it will grate on me a little that you do a great job of solving the wordle. ;)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
As for Wordle, it seems to me (based on your daily explanations) that we take different approaches, You seem to start out with a specific plan and put more thought into how you attack the puzzle every day. On the other hand, I fly by the seat of my pants and go with words off the top of my head quite often. Sometimes it serves me well, sometimes not. Many mornings, I’ll feel pretty good about getting what I consider a difficult word in 3 or 4 attempts, only to find that you solved it in 2 or 3. So, sometimes in the spirit of competition, it will grate on me a little that you do a great job of solving the wordle. ;)
I will concede that you are probably more whimsical than I in your initial guesses. But I'm not sure that makes that much difference in the early stages of a puzzle, as long as the initial guesses are solid. For me, hunting vowels is most comfortable. Other people like consonants. Other people don't pay much mind to consonants vs. vowels. What is important is that the guesses are sound and provide guidance for subsequent guesses. Where I think that you and I are alike, is that we more deliberately consider the universe of possible answers based on the information that we've gathered.

Like you, I've always liked reading. When I was a boy, on cold winter days in Minnesota, I would often take a volume of an encyclopedia, find a topic that interested me, and read it. I've always read newspapers and magazines. Now I spend too much time surfing the web, looking to fill in information.

I appreciate the posts by TUG members such as Richard (MULTIZ321) with links to articles. Many of them I don't read, but often they do catch my interest, and I end up learning something. I appreciate his curation.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Three today. Second day in a row. After my first two words, it was pretty obvious how the correct word would end, but it took me a long time to think of what the initial letters had to be.

1659365161676.png

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
My first 6 but I got it.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it in 4. Between the 3rd line to the 4th line, I took about a 30-minute break for lunch. I would call my lunch brain food. :)
1659391612987.png

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
3 today.

Wordle 408 3/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜

Dave

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I'm on a roll of 3.
Watch , tomorrow I'll use all 6 tries ;)

I've been a bit more spontaneous
in my guesses, going with good words
that fit the letter pattern.

Also Trying to guess the more likely vowels in the 1st word guess. There's a slight pattern of the vowels in the Wordle words. Say if the answer has an O or U, I'll look for A and E in the next day's word. And E is not usually paired next to another vowel.

Screenshot_20220801-232702~2.png

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
three again. Getting a green in position 3 on guess 1 helped me narrow things down quickly.

Guess 1 gave me a Y in the middle an out of position O in box 4. I figured that most likely the O was in position two. As for positions 4 and 5, the most common letters after Y in position are ER and LY, and EN is also in play (DOYEN). HOVER tested for the O in position 2 and established sussed out the ending letters..

So, after guess 2 I was zeroed in on xOYLY. COYLY was the only word I could think of that fit.

1659426787131.png

Last edited:

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
My second 6. I only had one misplaced letter after my 3 word. Lucky I got 6.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It took me 4.
Great job getting that Y on your first try, TR! That made all the difference.

I opened with CLOUD because I was looking at some beautiful wispy cirrus clouds out my sunroom windows. A good start to the day and good success with getting the starting C and out of position L and O. I had a hunch the L would be the ending letter so I tried CORAL. Bad hunch but it did get the O in correct position. For my third try, I was debating between COLOR or COLON. I settled on COLON. I didn’t uncover anything but now I know the L is in the 4th position, so I have COxLx. What the..? With my remaining letters, I’m stumped for a minute before I see… 2 Y’s! Really? Yep, it’s COYLY.
E7D8C098-4188-4D44-9996-E9CB8722218C.jpeg

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Five today. Took me three shots to get one of the letters..

1659448638825.png

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Five for me, 3 for Rick.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
4 for me. Strange but I thought of the answer on the 3rd guess, and said nahhhh.

Screenshot_20220802-194321-182.png

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four for today.
I started with ALERT this morning, though that may not have been true. :sleep: All it got me was an out of position T. I wanted to check for a couple more vowels and try T in the first position, so TONIC was my 2nd guess. Go the O in the correct 2nd position and narrowed the remaining options for the T. U was the only remaining vowel and I thought it possible the word could end in Y. I started looking at the possibility of xOTxx and xOxTx. The first word I thought about trying was POTTY, but decided nah. Next, I thought SOUTH but then immediately saw it could also be MOUTH. I decided to try SOUTH, but before I hit enter, I went back to the Y and realized it could also be YOUTH. I brilliantly changed my guess to YOUTH.;)
61DB3CFE-2366-43F1-8521-77BC1132BE86.jpeg

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Three. No where else to go with that Y.
Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 7.42.33 AM.png

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Four today. Just another day at the office...

1659533115163.png