• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone playing wordle?

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Phew... Like Patri, I had the last four letters on the third try. That gave me four chances at the first letter (if you include the third try). Got it on the sixth try. This is very similar to the one time that I struck out. I had four of the five letters on the third try, but with four tries did not get the right missing letter.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Sobbing uncontrollably. (I should be). I didn’t get it today, even though I had the last four letters on the third try. So many choices. Then when it told me the word, I didn’t even know what it meant. Of course, I do now. I just seldom use it in that form. I was 100% before today. Oh, woe is me.
Cheer up, Patri, you’ll start a new win streak tomorrow!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I had four letters in the right places by the third guess, but WAY too many options for the fifth. I struck out. Oh well.

Once again, my ongoing gripe that there needs to be some sort of clue. How else would you know which word they wanted? You wouldn't, and you can't know. It stops being about skill, and becomes all about wild guesses and dumb luck at that point. Not happy about things like this.

Dave

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I had four letters in the right places by the third guess, but WAY too many options for the fifth. I struck out. Oh well.

Once again, my ongoing gripe that there needs to be some sort of clue. How else would you know which word they wanted? You wouldn't, and you can't know. It stops being about skill, and becomes all about wild guesses and dumb luck at that point. Not happy about things like this.

Dave
Perhaps a little button you can click for a hint, but when you copy and paste the share results there is a big notice that says "I cheated" :D

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have never struck out completely. I have gotten a few in six. I play different letters each time and keep reusing the same letters that are correct, just put them in different places if they are not in correct places. I got today's in four, which is my average.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Dave
Dave, it’s a word game. Have a cocktail, sit by the pool and chill out. :cool:;)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
For the first time, I got all 5 letters on my first try today, but not in order. Got the answer in 3.

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 8.09.12 PM.png

Dave - If you want a clue, do a crossword puzzle... ;)

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave - If you want a clue, do a crossword puzzle... ;)

Thanks. Not the same. I like the premise of Wordle, just think when the answer can be any of umpteen different words, give a guy a shove in the right direction.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Not the same. I like the premise of Wordle, just think when the answer can be any of umpteen different words, give a guy a shove in the right direction.

Dave
You're using the wrong test words. By #3 Paula had 3 correct letters in place and there were only 2 choices and one was an incorrect letter that had been in a test word. So 4 tries got it. She just doesn't guess.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Took me 4 today.

If there are a bunch of options for a letter or two I always use a throw away word to narrow them down.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The second time this week I’ve solved it in 2 tries.
8757FBBB-0751-4D7A-9955-B047CED6C90E.jpeg

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You must be psychotic, I mean psychic! With a gazillion words that start with that letter, and you get it in two?! Took me four today.
Psychotic? I hope not! Psychic? Nah. Today, I just went with a random word on my first try and it so happened that word only has one vowel. A lot of mornings, I’ll do like a lot of you and try to knock out as many vowels on the first word as possible but I didn’t do that this morning. However, after getting the first letter correct and in the correct position, my strategy changed and I thought I would try to get several vowels with my second word. So, I just started thinking of words that begin with that letter and that have 3 or 4 vowels. That word was the first one that came to mind. I couldn’t believe it was actually the right word.

A hint for @DaveNV - I may have been subliminally influenced by another TUG thread.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
5 for me today. I used an X for the first time in one of my guesses, which was both fun and helpful.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Yesterday, I used CRATE. I haven't done it today yet.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Ahah, I thought it was today. Tried to guess what first word you used but couldn’t figure out…:)
BTW, I can’t access imoji (other than :)) on this forum from my phone any more. Not sure why?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
7F9CBF58-9587-4EB0-A9E3-E109541FE984.jpeg
I would have got it in 3 if I had been paying attention.:wall: Not enough coffee yet, I guess.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Got it in three today. Took me longer than it should have, I think, since I had 4/5 of the letters on my second word.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
For the first time, I got all five letters with my two regular words, and one of them was in the right position. So quite easy to get it right in three tries.
55B4179A-504C-4983-BDC6-7A4C9D939E1F.jpeg

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are all hot today. Took me six.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Managed to get it in two today. My first word (that I change daily) gave me 3 Greens and 1 Gold. I was missing the middle letter on that first try. Yesterday I think it took 5.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Cliff got it in two today! His very random first word got four of the letters; three of those in the right spot so it was obvious where the fourth letter went. Then he got stuck until I told him he really needed to look at what his remaining options were. Still couldn’t get it until I suggested he say what he did have out loud. That did it.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I got it in 2 today as well. A lucky first word gave me 4 of the letters, 3 in the right place so there weren't lots of ways to go wrong! Otherwise, it would have been a tricky word.