• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone pay Sudwala fees with Amex?

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
I wondered if they take Amex and have not heard back from them yet! TIA

cedars

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to pay my 2010 Sudwala fees however just received an email back from Niky advising there has been a delay in the Gov't setting the school calendar and they don't expect it to be set until November. She will advise when it has been set. MaryAnn

DorotaG

TUG Member
Reaction score
I pay with AMEX too.
Just today I was able to pay my 2010 levy. Interesting twist: I own 2 weeks, and one was banked with RCI immediately, as for the second one, Niky is asking if I want to put it in the rental pool. Apparently 2010 WORLD SOCCER CUP TO BE HOSTED IN SA - certain matches to be played at the Nelspruit Stadium ( Mpumalanga ) ± 35km from Sudwala. The organizers of the SA-FIFA World Cup will be including accommodation of Timeshare establishments. This affects owners with the following weeks falling - between the 6 June 2010 to 13 July 2010 i.e. One of my weeks falls in that period. :cheer:

Niky says:
We cannot advise of the actual amount that will be paid out at this stage as this still needs to be determined, per resort ; cancellation clauses; actual occupation etc. Should you elect to put your week in the “Sudwala 2010 FIFA Rental Pool”, at this stage you are guaranteed that you will paid at least the equivalent of that Years levy (but possibly more), depending on the Resort receiving a confirmed reservation into your week by the latest 15 December 2009.

After this date, if the Resort has not received a confirmed reservation for your week, your week could be released back to the resort.

At that stage you could then still Bank your week with RCI, and use for exchanges.

We are unsure of the actual logistics at this stage but will keep you informed as soon as we hear any other further news as it unfolds.

So unless you are planning to use this ‘108H09’ 2010 week for your own exchanges, may I suggest that you hold back your banking of your ‘108H09’ week for 2010 and placing it into the Resorts Rental Pool. We could always bank it after Dec 2009, or sooner depending on further news?

Kindly remember, once you have committed your week you cannot change your mind as the Resort will be committed

For the price of the maintenance fee, I think I will just bank it with RCI, but what "possibly more" means? I have not made my mind yet as what to do. And would you think this would effect the trading power of the week? (most likely not, knowing RCI :shrug: )

decolady424

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DorotaG, that is very interesting!! I also own 2 wks at Sudwala and paid my MFs yesterday - came to only $350 for both weeks!! Such a great exchange rate!

My weeks do not fall in that date range, but I would have seriously considered Niky's offer. I trust that what she says is true. And I agree with you, there will be no difference in RCI trading power!

Good luck! :)

DorotaG

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this is what I will do, will keep you informed what if enything happens with my week! I usually turn it to RCI points, but I think I can survive without it.

decolady424

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How many points can you get for these weeks? What is the benefit to doing this? I really don't know anything about points. Thanks!

DorotaG

TUG Member
Reaction score
To deposit it to points you would have to get one actual points resort and open RCI points account. Than you are allowed to deposit up to 3 (I think) "week only" resorts per year into points. Sudwala red 1 bdrm is 29000 points, which is not a lot, but gives me more flexibility and pretty good per point cost (specially now with good exchange rate again). I like having options of exchanging with weeks and with points. Usually leave weeks for easier exchanges (none of my weeks are tiger traders), use points for my more difficult vacations.

Hope this helps!

DorotaG

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't believa Sudwala exchanges in II

Snorkey

Reaction score
Does that mean I can only trade with RCI?

I thought there was a way you can put any TS under your TS. So if I have II TS, I can put RCI TS under II TS.

Does that make sense?

Where is the best place to get Sudwala 1 bedroom or hotel size TS?
I am looking for just dirt cheap MF TS. I prefer II TS but if only RCI TS offers it, why not.

thanks!

Susie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got the same email. My week falls during these games. I do not think I'm going to take up her offer. Lets see what they are worth...might be other avenues to explore.

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does that mean I can only trade with RCI?

I thought there was a way you can put any TS under your TS. So if I have II TS, I can put RCI TS under II TS.

Does that make sense?

Where is the best place to get Sudwala 1 bedroom or hotel size TS?
I am looking for just dirt cheap MF TS. I prefer II TS but if only RCI TS offers it, why not.

thanks!

You only can exchange a timeshare with the exchange co it is affiliated to (or the independents like DAE).

Some are affiliated with II, some with RCI, others with both.

Most SA timeshares are only with RCI.

But if you do not have an RCI account, you can sign up for one in SOuth Africa and prepay for 5 years, which is way cheaper than getting an RCI account elsewhere.