• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone have experience w/MBT shoes?

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
I'm thinking of getting a pair of MBT shoes, however, want to do a bit more research before I take the plunge. Tried on a pair last weekend and they seem to be comfortable, but yikes...$270...I've never paid that much for an ugly :rofl: pair of shoes.

I'm looking at their claims of improving posture and taking stress off the knee (and hip) joints. Had knee surgery just over a year ago and really need to strengthen my quad muscles to get the stress off the knees. My exercise routine is hit and miss, so anything to help. And my posture could use improving too!

I've done some research on the internet, all glowing of course! My only concern before I buy a pair is...if worn improperly, can they do damage...I have a call in to my knee surgeon about this?

Any info on the good, bad and ugly is greatly appreciated.

Ingrid

pranas

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check the Internet and you can get discontinued styles for less than 1/2 price. Oher than the Mary Jane styles, the new styles really don't look that much different. They are great shoes.

Reaction score
What Foot Dr. Said

I asked my foot doctor about the MBT shoes because I was considering trying them to, but because they are so expensive, I had been holding off. I'm glad I did because when I asked my foot doctor, he did not recommend them. I deal with plantar fascitis so finding a solution would be great. He did not feel that they were worth all the money. He made the comment that his wife bought a pair and they sit on a shelf because she did not like them after she bought them. Maybe some people do, but if you buy them and they don't work out, you are out a lot of money. If the store has some kind of trial period and will take them back then that would be different. Most stores will not do this, but a few will. Hope this helps some.

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs of these. One is the athletic type shoe and I think they are the best things I have ever worn. I bought them for walking in Disney but I'm not sure they will work for that. It seems as if my feet get more sore and tired standing still in them than they do in my Brooks. For walking they are great.

I also bought a pair of sandals because I thought they would look better with shorts than the bulky athletic shoes. I do not care for them. I feel like I'm going to fall off of them.:shrug: I know this makes no sense.

My podiatrist wears these. I bought them before I knew she recommended them.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Z-Coil.

What about those oddball-looking Z-Coil shoes ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
I bought a pair Thursday. The store has a 7 day return policy on these...I can wear them anywhere and if I don't like them, can return them. I wore them out of the store running some errands Thursday night and really like them. They are so comfortable and very easy to walk in.

I had a hard time at the gym today doing my usual 30 min. cardio on the eliptical and bike, so maybe, they did indeed work out my quad muscles as they are supposed to. We'll see. I don't see walking around in them in places like Disney and the like...my guess would be that it would be too much "exercise" for one day.

Alan...my fashion sense prevents me from wearing those shoes :hysterical: !

Ingrid

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ingrid, I have worn mine all day hiking in the Smokies. I have back problems and I don't have the backaches wearing these.

They did show me how to walk in them, putting my heels down first with sort of a rocking motion. Also said to just wear them 1/2 hour at a time till I got used to them.