• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone getting their RCI Ongoing Search Request confirmed via the HGVC portal?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Just want to verify that we don't have a HGVC portal issue.

Has anyone recently had a MATCH on their RCI Ongoing Search Request via the HGVC portal?

I haven't had one in over a year but I've been searching for units that are harder to get (low deposits).

fernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booked a Kauai Wyndham Bali Hai Villas in Sept for stay in April via the portal.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did match some ongoing searches a few months ago. I was also matching things that I didn't request (dates and locations were wrong).

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks Fernow and Presley.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
We have had good success

Just want to verify that we don't have a HGVC portal issue.

Has anyone recently had a MATCH on their RCI Ongoing Search Request via the HGVC portal?

I haven't had one in over a year but I've been searching for units that are harder to get (low deposits).

I haven't tried in a few years but I got Key West Galleon Resort in 2008 and 2012, Maui Lea in 2009, San Francisco Union Square in 2010 using the HGVC expanded search. So it has worked for us.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Also had good success in the past but not recently

I haven't tried in a few years but I got Key West Galleon Resort in 2008 and 2012, Maui Lea in 2009, San Francisco Union Square in 2010 using the HGVC expanded search. So it has worked for us.

I've also had good success in the past. I was actually looking for HGVC match activity within the last few months.

There are several of us (HGVC and non-HGVC members) on the TUG sighting forum who've noticed that their ongoing RCI search request for DVC resorts are being skipped/bypassed. This is based on comparisons of the original RCI search request dates.

In the meanwhile, I'm pursuing this RCI issue with HGVC. I've provided them with RCI documentation from fellow TUG members (one RCI matching email confirmation compared to two pending RCI email requests with older request dates). I'm hoping HGVC will get RCI to fixed whatever is causing random skipping of pending ongoing search requests.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recently had a MATCH on their RCI Ongoing Search Request via the HGVC portal?.

Do you mean logging onto HGVC, getting redirected to RCI, and then setting up an ongoing search. -- Then yes.

I have had great success and do this on a regular basis. However, I have had an ongoing search for San Francisco for years and have never gotten a match. Also, when I update a search or make changes to a search, many the the changes revert back to the original search. I than have to call RCI.

Rarely do I find anything when searching for current avaibility as opposed to putting in an on going search.

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Williamsburg search

I have had an ongoing search since early fall 2015 looking for Wyndham Governor Green in Williamsburg, VA any time in Sept 2016. I have been checking the HGVC/RCI site for availability every couple of days. Tonight when I checked, I found numerous choices in September for both 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom units.

My ongoing search did NOT alert me of the inventory even though my search criteria were met.

I'm very disappointed and do not understand why my ongoing search did not work. I plan on calling HGVC tomorrow morning to ask why the search did not alert me of the availability.

So, in my case, the answer to the OP's question....no, the OGS through HGVC/RCI did not work.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Do you mean logging onto HGVC, getting redirected to RCI, and then setting up an ongoing search. -- Then yes.

I have had great success and do this on a regular basis. However, I have had an ongoing search for San Francisco for years and have never gotten a match. Also, when I update a search or make changes to a search, many the the changes revert back to the original search. I than have to call RCI.

Rarely do I find anything when searching for current availability as opposed to putting in an on going search.

I have had an ongoing search since early fall 2015 looking for Wyndham Governor Green in Williamsburg, VA any time in Sept 2016. I have been checking the HGVC/RCI site for availability every couple of days. Tonight when I checked, I found numerous choices in September for both 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom units.

My ongoing search did NOT alert me of the inventory even though my search criteria were met.

I'm very disappointed and do not understand why my ongoing search did not work. [/COLOR] I plan on calling HGVC tomorrow morning to ask why the search did not alert me of the availability.

So, in my case, the answer to the OP's question....no, the OGS through HGVC/RCI did not work.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Keep in mind HGVC members have access to RCI Points and RCI Weeks Inventory.
Ongoing search requests are only against RCI Weeks Inventory. RCI Points Resorts require a manual search. ;)

Here's my old thread about RCI Points sightings at the 10 month mark - "Reminder - Summer availability for RCI Points has begun" (2012) - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178504

NOTE: Wyndham Governor Green is an RCI Points Resort - http://www.rci.com/resort-directory/resortDetails?resortCode=C380

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback :)

Keep in mind HGVC members have access to RCI Points and RCI Weeks Inventory.
Ongoing search requests are only against RCI Weeks Inventory. RCI Points Resorts require a manual search. ;)

Here's my old thread about RCI Points sightings at the 10 month mark - "Reminder - Summer availability for RCI Points has begun" (2012) - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178504

NOTE: Wyndham Governor Green is an RCI Points Resort - http://www.rci.com/resort-directory/resortDetails?resortCode=C380

I'm still new to this. HGVC explained this to me yesterday. I was under the wrong impression that an OGS worked with both inventories. The reservation I made Friday evening was obviously a points reservation. Fortunately I was still checking out inventory every day or so :)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I'm still new to this. HGVC explained this to me yesterday. I was under the wrong impression that an OGS worked with both inventories. The reservation I made Friday evening was obviously a points reservation. Fortunately I was still checking out inventory every day or so :)

Also, keep in mind, some RCI Points resorts also deposit inventory in RCI Weeks (such as DVC).
And some timeshare resorts deposit in both RCI and Interval Interval (such as Sheraton Broadway Plantation which does their bulk of deposits in RCI vs II).

See this old thread "Playa Linda, Aruba - trying to get a unit with an HGVC/RCI exchange" (2014) - http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207384

I also find the TUG sightings forum helpful in seeing if any deposits have be sighted in past (how far in advance was it sighted, how many weeks were sighted and what months were available - some resorts have bulk deposit patterns ;)).

If you're brand new to timeshare exchanges, read this post - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1702883&postcount=4