• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

anyone else have this problem with ii search

CARTER281

TUG Member
Reaction score
before ii changed there website i could do a search using a made up unit and week, because i have a floating unit. now with the new website i no longer have that option. isn't one of ii selling points that you can search before actually depositing, where in rci you can't. with this new website they took that away from me. i called ii and they said there is nothing they can do
please help

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had no problem searching with a "made up" reservation for my floating week. Maybe you could provide more details, and what exactly did they say when you called? This all sounds very strange.

EvelynK72

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can still search with a "made up" reservation also - just did so this morning.

Evelyn

CARTER281

TUG Member
Reaction score
when i click to deposit i get choices for which year so i choose 2007 eoy float
then it asks for a date, i enter that the conf# is listed as n/a and i cant change it, and then it says 2 bedroom
after i click continue the information that comes up is "the unit submitted is not in our records" interval said that is the way it is set up now because its a float week

EvelynK72

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have a private message. Post here if you didn't get it.

Evelyn

CARTER281

TUG Member
Reaction score
all II Float unit ownwers Call II and complain maybe they will change it

I just got off the phone with II, they said because my unit is listed as "float" i can not do a search until I actually make a deposit and II adds it to my account with an actual unit #. I can however call II and they will search for me because on there system they can override the unit # but I can not from there website.
There has to be more people out there in this situation if we all call and complain maybe they will change it.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
makes no sense to me. i have floating units and am able to search.

Chemee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try This

CARTER28 said:
I just got off the phone with II, they said because my unit is listed as "float" i can not do a search until I actually make a deposit and II adds it to my account with an actual unit #. I can however call II and they will search for me because on there system they can override the unit # but I can not from there website.
There has to be more people out there in this situation if we all call and complain maybe they will change it.

ETA: I reread your post. Not sure if what I wrote below applies. Does it ask you to input your unit #?

This happened to us with our 1st Marriott week. It has to do with how II sets up your account. After several calls, I finally got to the right person in the right department. They ended up inputting "N/A" for the unit #, which ended the problem. I would call back & speak to some else. Someone in their internet department may have resolved it, but I'm not sure. I do recall it took a couple months to straighten out. In the meantime, I was able to search without depositing by entering the unit #. The unit # depends on your resort & until size. For example, a 1-bedroom Aruba Ocean Club unit # is "OBOV". The best way to find your unit # is to search for a reservation at your resort via www.marriott.com. A list of available rooms will show up & there should be a code (i.e., unit #) like OBOV, TMOV, etc.

Last edited:

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a floating unit. I can search with it in II without depositing it. I just make a reservation with my resort as if I were going to use my week myself. I enter my reservation number and the date at intervalworld.com and then I can search.
It doesn't make sense that II would require you to deposit before you search.