• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone a member of Interval

Jackrussell

Reaction score
Is anyone a timeshare member of Interval? We are considering purchasing a timeshare in St Lucia at Windjammer for week 7 and wanted to know if Interval was a good partner and easy to travel within with our points. Windjammer offers 120,000 points to exchange with. Does interval also provide high quality timeshares?

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I use interval and I like it a lot. I don't know anything about their points program, though. I have no idea if your points would get a good trade or not. The weeks program is very good.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is probably not the best forum to post this, but since the OP started it here, I'll try to answer here. I'm guessing that some salesperson is using this info to try to sell him/her on a new timeshare. If this is the case, don't buy, or rescind until you know more. Timeshares from developers are too expensive to consider. ONLY BUY RESALE! It's the SAME product for thou$and$ le$$.

Interval Int'l is an exchange company. The two largest exchanges are II (as we abbreviate it here) and RCI are the two largest, with the most inventory of resorts one can exchange with.

To help educate the OP, go to the Exchanging forum, or Newbies forum and do a bunch of reading

Like the above poster, I don't know what 120,000 points gets you, but be very wary of buying a timeshare in a country with unfamiliar laws, and expensive airfare to get to and use.

Welcome to TUG

Jim

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Very few people here are "Interval Points" members, so there is not much knowledge on this subject.

I would recommend not buying at this time. We could keep an eye out for that resort for you, and see whether it appears for exchange in the Interval weeks system.

If it appears regularly, my advice would be to buy a timeshare that still has some resale value, and use that as your trader into the Windjammer via Interval weeks.

If it does not appear on a regular basis, my advice would be to rent the timeshare when you want to go, rather than buy it.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used II for a number of years and like it, and have gotten some great trades with it. Our resorts are not points, so can't provide any input relative to your resort.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone a timeshare member of Interval? We are considering purchasing a timeshare in St Lucia at Windjammer for week 7 and wanted to know if Interval was a good partner and easy to travel within with our points. Windjammer offers 120,000 points to exchange with. Does interval also provide high quality timeshares?

You should clarify. Are you absolutely sure that these are II points? They could be points in another system (Blue Green, Wyndham, Shell, etc.) and all these different points systems work differently. They offer different rules as to who has what exchange privileges depending on your status with the points system, what size unit, what time of year, etc.

Have you also considered the maintenance fees and if you'll be able to afford them each January? As was mentioned previously, will you and the people traveling with you be able to afford airfare to St. Lucia each year not to mention the many connections you would have to make to get there?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here it the key point you need to know now: You can buy on the resale market for a fraction of what the developer is charging.

On the resale market, timeshares are usually as much as 50-90% LESS. You should put the brakes on, and spend some time researching the resale market, before you make any decisions.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Found it:

It's optional: deposit as traditional week or points. CIG is an upgrade that costs $$$ and is non-transferrable.
Here is a long discussion about the CIG program: (there may be ads here--only read the text; too long to post)
http://timesharegame.com/all-about-interval-international-points/

Reading another board.... It looks like Windjammer has switched to an internal points system vs weeks/size unit sales. They are (apparently) actively repurchasing previously sold week/size units and converting them to the points sales. Previous contracts may have ROFR/Transfer fees associated with the sale. There are several for sale on Redweek and others--not cheap either. But, certainly below developer (I'm guessing). Older units can probably do 'weeks' in Interval, newer units apparently use CIG and points. Not sure if new units have 'weeks' deposit options (unless it's like Worldmark).

Exchanges

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort Saint Lucia is excited to offer Interval International as our affiliation to families looking to trade their time from Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort to more than 2600 resorts in over 75 countries. Interval International is the exchange company of choice for leading hospitality companies like Four Seasons Residence Clubs, Hyatt Vacation Club, Westin® Resorts, Sheraton® Resorts, and Marriott Vacation Club®. Windjammer Landing has also been awarded the premier status from Interval International, which gives higher trading power to our families when they decide to exchange their time elsewhere.
In Addition, Windjammer Landing is proud to announce to our families the new state of the art program from Interval International called Club Interval Gold or C.I.G. With Club Interval Gold or C.I.G. families will have the ability to deposit their week for a week just as they've always done, or exchange their week for points, which they can use for an entirely new vacation experience that gives greater flexibility for our families ever changing lifestyles. Now, families have the option to redeem points for full or partial vacation weeks, and a variety of accommodation sizes & travel seasons. Families can even apply their points towards a cruise, golf, or spa vacation.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

• Interval is a great exchange company. I love it.
  • Windjammer is (according to the reviews) a great resort and I'm dying to trade into it. 120k points appears to be similar to a 3br Platinum exchange week. Hard to say how well the Interval CIG points system works. I would expect a Windjammer week (2 or 3 br) in a good season to trade very very well. YMMV
  • Interval is considered to be a premium exchange. Some like RCI better for the HGVC, DVC and Wyndham units, but, overall, I think Interval provides a better quality of exchanges. Many will debate that point. Regardless: Interval=higher quality, RCI=more properties and more worldwide coverage; lower overall average quality (excepting HGVC, DVC)
I hope this answered your questions.

In light of another hotly debated thread here on TUG (couldn't resist! :ignore:) I will say this:

This deal with Windjammer may be a very good deal and only available from the developer. But--probably not! If you are unsure (and it sounds like you are....) DON'T buy right now. Wait and do your research. After you know what you can or can not buy from resale vs the developer and if its a good fit for you, a good value, you can make an educated decision. In all probability (99.9%) the same deal (or better) will still be sitting there waiting for you.
If you have already purchased this unit--you probably still have the right to rescind the sale. If so, do it now! Now! Not later. These things have a limited time to change your mind.

Figure out your families' needs and goals and then make your decision!

Welcome to TUG!

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score

How much is the developer charging you for the sale of the points? how much are the maintenance fees? and how much is your club interval gold membership? if you tell us that information we might be able to help you out even further.