• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anybody hear of Timeshares Goldline.com?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I use a program from back in the windows98 days called "cliptray" for this.

no way I could answer all the emails each day without it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Just curious, Denise (and a couple of you other long-timers)...

Do you have a permanent notepad or saved doc so you can cut/paste your responses into all these questions about scam/resale companies?

Yes - I have several. :hi:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Repetition Is The Mother Of Learning.

Do you have a permanent notepad or saved doc so you can cut/paste your responses into all these questions about scam/resale companies?
I just type the same old things over & over, either verbatim or as variations on a theme.

Often, rather than copy & paste, I just send in new TUG-BBS entries liking to prior related entries.

It is semi-interesting, I think, that so many new people start right off by asking about the Up Front Fee companies before they do much mousing around on TUG -- except for the shills posing in their initial TUG-BBS entries as satisfied customers, who obviously just want to hit & run.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virgina, USA.​

Last edited:

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's probably a similar relationship to the number of people who buy a TS in the first place w/out "mousing around" and doing some homework first....:shrug:

However, in posting the questions here, there's the possibility that they are a little more careful and are willing to learn from other's mistakes - so I'm glad TUGGERS are willing to keep posting the advice even when they've seen the questions hundreds of times before with different names, but the same game!

Really, it is a service and kindness that you don't see in a lot of places anymore.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Goldmine- possible scam!

Just another example!

I received a call from a Westgate Vacation Villas owner today who has just been solicited by this group.. She owns a summer week in a 2br loft, and still owes approx $15k.. Far more than she can reasonably expect to sell for on the resale market!

She stated that she was told by Goldmine that they had secured a buyer for her at $25,000- and all she needed to do was send in their fee for title processing!

When I gave her a reasonable valuation for the week, she confirmed that she had also thought it was all just a scam. She'd also spoken with a Florida closing agent and discovered that the cost for a title search was far less than the fee she'd been asked to pay.

Just another reminder.... If it sounds too good to be true- it is!

Colonel008

Reaction score
I too have recently been contacted by Timeshares Goldline, claiming to have a buyer for my Daytona Bike Week Timeshare. A Google search of them brought me to you and confirmation of what I had already suspected... SCAM!
So, first of all, THANKS for all the feedback.
Secondly, other than the Timeshare Marketplace above, how does one go about selling his/her timeshare?? I purchased mine in 1997 when, as a vendor at Daytona Harley Davidson, I was going to Daytona twice a year and was tired of paying top bike week dollar for roach infested hotel rooms. It served me well for several years, both as my fixed week (#9) for Bike Week and "Bonus time" utilized for Biketoberfest each fall. A few years ago, I retired from this business and began offering it thru EBAY with moderate success. As I once again go thru the process of listing it on EBAY for this years event, I realize how much I'd love to put the whole timeshare experience behind me.
I realize how lucky I've been in that I have a unit that at least allows me the opportunity to recoop my annual fees plus some but know that I'm getting too old to do this much longer and don't want my family to have to go thru this... and the fees will go on forever, don't we know.
Anyway, thanks again for the scam confirmation, and if anyone has any good ideas about how I can get rid of this unit, LEGITIMATELY, please let me know. Thanks!

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Glad You Didn't Fall For It.

Secondly, other than the Timeshare Marketplace above, how does one go about selling his/her timeshare?
Click here for a clue.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

dangermouse

Reaction score
Info on timeshare goldline (link to BBB review and excerpts from sample contract)

Compared to other similar companies, a relatively painless experience (so far). All conversations/correspondence occurred on 27 Feb 2010.

============

BBB gives them an F rating, which means they don't have enough information to give a rating. http://www.bbb.org/arkansas/business-reviews/timeshare-resale-and-rental-marketing/timeshare-goldline-in-searcy-ar-90238393

They were very nice and professional on the phone. They sent me a sample contract. After reading the contract, I decided to stop the process. There is a lot of legwork that is done before they truly match you with a buyer. They are a marketing/resale company, and the marketing comes first. I understand why they would want $$ before doing the legwork, but it was pricey. I simply told him, Solomon, that the small inconsistency between how they got me interested ("we have a buyer") and what the contract said ("buyer will be found in phase 5") was enough to scare me off and I just couldn't do it. I asked him to please remove me from his call list. He took my "no" well and politely; the conversation ended seconds later.

Here are the parts of the contract that interested me:
1. CONDITIONS
This Agreement will not take effect, and Company will have no obligation to initiate or engage in services provided in accordance with the terms of this Agreement without Customer first executing Agreement and forwarding of fee, solely as evidence of good faith of ability to pay for services rendered, in accordance to the terms outlined in Section 2 entitled “Service Process Outline and Fees”.
2. SERVICE PROCESS PHASES OUTLINE AND FEES
The service process consists of six distinct yet related phases as escribed below:

Phase 1: Data and Document Collection
We send out the following documentation for you to complete and send back (be sure to keep a copy for your records):
■ Name Affidavit
■ Seller Affidavit
■ Proof of Identification Form
■ Clean Title Affidavit (No-Lien Affidavit)
■ Privacy Act Information (for your records only)

Phase 2: Data Compilation and Title Search
Upon receipt of the foregoing, we:
■ Compile the forms received and timeshare property data to complete a Title Search Request Form.
■ Complete Title Search to ensure clean, marketable title.

Phase 3: Title Search Review and request for Authorization to Release Information
■ Analyze Title Search results to make certain that timeshare property has free and clear title, without any liens or encumbrances and is ready for sale.
■ A copy of the Title Search results is then forwarded on to you via certified mail for your records along with an Authorization to Release Information.

Phase 4: Request for Estoppel Letter from Resort
■ Upon receipt of the Authorization to Release Information from you, we send said authorization to the resort to request the Estoppel Letter. It is a document sent to a bank (or other lender), or a tenant requesting a payoff of a mortgage, assessments or taxes due, or rental amounts due on a lease, to incorporate these amounts into the Settlement Statement for the buyer and seller of the timeshare property. All assessments and payments due must be incorporated into the amounts due at Closing and paid at the time of the Closing. Some amounts may be pro-rated, but all must be included in the Settlement Statement. The Estoppel Letter facilitates this process.
■ Upon receipt of the Estoppel Letter, we forward a copy to you for your records.

Phase 5: Matching Seller with Buyer
■ At this point the timeshare property is ready to be sold. We then market your property to potential buyers which fit your specifications and allow you to negotiate terms with the potential buyers using us as an intermediary. We help facilitate the transaction but the actual sale is completed between you and the potential buyer.

Phase 6: Document Transfer Assistance
■ After you have negotiated the sale of your timeshare property, you have the option to utilize Timeshare Goldline for all necessary transfers of documents between you and the buyer (Additional fees apply).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
BBB gives them an F rating, which means they don't have enough information to give a rating. http://www.bbb.org/arkansas/business-reviews/timeshare-resale-and-rental-marketing/timeshare-goldline-in-searcy-ar-90238393

no, thats not what it means....the F rating is explained by the following:

Reasons for this rating include:
•BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
•BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
•BBB does not have a clear understanding of this business.
•One serious complaint filed against business.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Explanations Not Needed. Thanks Anyway.

BBB gives them an F rating, which means they don't have enough information to give a rating.
By me, an F rating cannot be explained away.

Shux upon'm.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Additional info. from the BBB about this company:

The BBB is unable to confirm that this company is physically located in Searcy Arkansas as they claim. It appears the company is using a rented private mailbox for their Searcy address.

The company claims to be incorporated, but no record of incorporation can be found with the Arkansas Secretary of State's office with either a primary or fictitious name "Timeshare Goldline'.

It looks like they earned their "F" rating fair and square!

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! Even their own shills say they lie!

..... it was pricey. I simply told him, Solomon, that the small inconsistency between how they got me interested ("we have a buyer") and what the contract said ("buyer will be found in phase 5") was enough to scare me off and I just couldn't do it. ........

What you call a "small inconsistency", I call just the first lie!

marianne007

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. An offer of $19,800 for my timeshare is hard to refuse until I have to pay $1900 up front for it. I knew it was too good to be true, but decided to do a little research. Looks like I'm better off keeping my timeshare, enjoying it, exchanging it, using it all up because apparently I won't ever sell it for a profit. Thanks for your advice. And thanks for confirming what I already knew...stay away from Timeshare Goldline scammers!

Last edited:

April816

Reaction score
Another Time Share Gold Line Pitch

Time Share Gold Line also recently contacted us. They informed us that they had "found a purchaser for our time share" (which is listed with a couple of "marketing companies" such as GMAC and Resort Equity Marketing) at a price that was much more then we would have ever expected. (Warning #1?) They did claim that the purchaser had completed all the necessary paperwork and that they were going to send us a contract that needed to be completed and returned to them within seven days. The purchaser supposedly only had three days to complete their contract and return it or else they would have lost their down-payment. We were asked to pay an up-front fee to handle all of the transfer and administration costs. (Warning #2?) They were going to accept a credit card payment. It was for an amount just under $2,000. The next step would be to sit back and wait for the contract to arrive, then review it, sign it, and send it back. Must be the same contract I saw in the posting above. I also double-checked their mailing address (from their website) and it is indeed a UPS Store. Plus, anybody can launch a website nowadays, right? Obviously the thought of making a profit on the timeshare is a very attractive thing at this time, but it appears as if every long-standing member of this user's group says the same thing about this being a scam. (Some speaking from first-hand experience.) Hopefully the users who are posting are legit. It's hard to allow yourself to trust anyone any longer. How sad is that? I want to believe you folks are legit. Just regular people, like us, who are trying to make the most of our property, whether that means keeping it or selling it. Sounds like this is not the sales opportunity we thought it would be. Thanks for all the information that has been posted.

sir magic

Reaction score
Same Company, Different State?

i too have been contacted by timeshare goldline but the rep says they are located in new mexico. are they one and the same company? i tend to believe so as the selling m-o sounds the same.

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
i too have been contacted by timeshare goldline but the rep says they are located in new mexico. are they one and the same company? i tend to believe so as the selling m-o sounds the same.

If they are asking for upfront money they are a scam. It doesn't matter where they are located.

AFARR

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the second thread I've seen with a Shill for the company...

And I've only looked through a couple of them that asked about specific companies....

Can the Moderators or Administrators on this board access the IP of a specific poster?

I'd bet if you looked closely, it's the same for several of the Shills...and probably the same as the IP of the company itself.

Happens frequently on other boards...a company with questionable business practices (in this case up front fees, or fees only when they 'find' a buyer...who will mysteriously disappear regrettably back out of the deal.. once the fee is paid), suddenly has a newly registered member talking them up...

I put them about 1/4 of a step above the Nigerian Scammers (and that's only because their written english is better).

AFARR

1dabbler

Reaction score
Timeshare Goldline

Timeshare Goldline is a scam. I called the Arkansas Attorney General's Consumer Protection Office today and found that as of today there have been 12 complaints filed. The business address in Searcy, Arkansas turns out to be a pick up box location only. The scam is believed to be run out of California. Do not pay any up front money to sell a timeshare.

travel_guru

Reaction score
First of all I would like to point out the fact that not one bad comment was from an actual client of this company.So I do not think their opions are valid.

I am a successful client from timeshare goldline. They sold my property in 45 days from when I gave them the fee for the sale. I had a really good experiance with this company. My represenative always promptly returned my calls and answered all my questions that I had. This was the fourth company that I used to sell my property, unfortunetly those companys did sell my unit. I was very bitter to the whole industry. But my represenative also gave me valuable information on how to get my money back from those companys, which I am actively doing. They are currently trying to find a buyer for my other property. Which no other company has EVER EVER tried to find a buyer for my property before i gave them money. Which timeshare goldline is actively doing as well. I will repost once I have a second successful sale with this company which I am confident i will. If anyone would like to talk to me respond back to this post with your email address and I will send you my phone number.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Brown

:confused: I am a travel agent in Florida and one of my clients was duped out of a large sum of money from Timeshare Gold Line and never received a phone number from this organization to be able to contact them. Does anyone out there have the contact number for this company??

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Travel Guru - down town Mrs. Brown is a shill for this company.

akagreeneyes

Reaction score
Travel Guru well you are in luck. 505-750-0920 the guy blowing up my phone for weeks is David Rossy.

So I just been super busy and been getting calls for all kinds of companies GMAC, as well as this one but if I am not mistaken they are going through a diffrerent name but i will verify and post more later this morning when they call me back.

Most actually call and say hey we will market for afee and i say no thank you, this one calls it closing costs so flet it was a little different as it is considered property and i can write off the interest i have paid on my taxes.

So been talking to this guy for weeks. First he never said up front fees and sent me to his closer. he was rude and I was surprised when i heard money now and credit card. So said no and David called my right back appologized and mind you the original fee was $1995. Then a couple of days later he called back and said he got the closing costs lowered to $995.

So asking a lot of questions and the process was exactly how I believe April described it back in Feb or March. Have a buyer, Paperwork to me in 7 days and they have already collected 20% deposit from the buyer. And the $995 will be frozen/held on my account. Mind you not paid for but hold on my account. Totally different then swiping the card.

So Im busy with my life closing on my first house single mom and he knows all of this and still keeps calling back after every milestone in my life for 3 weeks. Trying to be more personable, congrats a friendly guy. Yesterday he catches me a little busy catching planes, on vacation and irritated and so I started the process and then caught him in a huge lie. I asked him about the process all again and putting a hold on the money he said yes and kept asking more odd questions i suppose about the hold and he was like well you cannot use that money and I stated yes I know there is a hold and then he said well they will need the moneys for closing, title search etc...and so i pushed him in the corner and stated swiping my card and taking money or holding money in my account and he couldnt lie. Said they take the money.

Then he started telling me that the next step was to be sent to the verification department. question 1 is something along the lines of I realize there is no guarentee of a sale and I should answer yes and that the company will be marketing my timeshare LOL
question 2 i need to answer no to and off the top of my head at 4 am in the morning I cant remember.

So coaching me as to what to say, very clever dont you think but you are now not calling it closing costs, marketing fees.

So hey have called me 3 times to close the deal with this verification and i kept putting them off.

Laid awake just thinking about it and wanted to check them out because i feel i am a smart person but I have tro say came 90% close to falling for this scam.

They will be calling me tomorrow and I will be saying no thank you and I am sure Mr. David Rossy will be calling me back as he already did when i declined the first call cause I had nothing to write with LOL

So As I promise I ill hopefuly have more to post later today but felt compelled to verify data from previous posts but add as much as I could to help anyone else who is being called.

I believe they have had several complaints and probably had to give some of what they took back and now include this whole verification process to help their case.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

shoesldy49

Reaction score
Just got caught up

I have sent my money to Goldline and they continue to tell me all is going well. Are they really stringing me out ? They say I should have my money now within three weeks. No paper work from them sine I signed the original papers in March