• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anybody else have trouble booking online with Marriott this AM?

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Every year it is the same thing. We bought our Canyon Villas Platinum week to use over Easter week as this is the week that is available to us for vacation. So, I have to stop what I am doing, take off from work, etc. to get online before 9 AM Eastern. This AM I got into the Vacation Club system, but then it would never bring up the booking engine. I kept getting the hour glass..............waiting......waiting.......waiting. So, tried a second computer - same problem. It wasn't the computer, it was their system. I have not had this happen before. So at 9:07 AM I had to pick up the phone - 5 minutes later, already sold out. Went back to my computers - timed out because they could never get into the system. At 9:40 AM, could finally get in - but knew it was too late.

It is very frustrating when you take the time off and have it blocked on your calendar, and then the system lets you down. Calling is never successful - takes too long. I spoke to supervisor to let him know my frustrations - as you can guess, his story was too many people trying to get online at the same time. So, Marriott is not set up for the volume of traffic on busier days. I can always use Destination Club Points, if available when that opens up. But, my week is worth 2900 points - they want about 4700 for the same week in that program - great deal, I can get about 4 nights for the price of 7 if I go that route.

The other vacation clubs we own are not nearly as bad - it is just the two Marriott properties that are so cut throat to get into. I used to think that as long as you could drop what you were doing and be at the computer before 9 AM - you would get what you want. Now, I discover you can drop what you are doing, take time off, and still not get what you want.

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same problem last week. Never had this problem in previous years. Not sure why all the sudden the system cannot handle release days. I got a survey last night asking about my "experience" last week making an online resevation. Mine took 45 minutes but I did get my week. I rated them very poorly but don't expect any changes.

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
I had no problems this morning.

Logged in at 6:55 MT (8:55 ET) and got to the availability page. Hit refresh as I got closer to 9:00AM ET and it opened up the calendar at precisely 9:00AM. Chose my checkin date and finished my transaction. Done by 9:05 AM.

John

hcarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had no problems this morning.

Logged in at 6:55 MT (8:55 ET) and got to the availability page. Hit refresh as I got closer to 9:00AM ET and it opened up the calendar at precisely 9:00AM. Chose my checkin date and finished my transaction. Done by 9:05 AM.

John

I never made it to the availability page - that is where it jammed/froze - when I clicked on check availability. In the past I have been logged on early and kept hitting refresh, sometimes that works and sometimes it jams. This time I clicked on check availability right at 9 AM. Tried two computers - went in and out several times when the system timed out - nothing until well past 9:30 AM.
So, I took off work and have nothing - other than aggravation - to show for it. Guess it is just luck - like trying to buy hot tickets at ticket master.

Wonder if they are using a new server now that the Destination Points program is online? Another Tugger mentioned having the same problems as me - neither of us have had that issue before...........

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
I never made it to the availability page - that is where it jammed/froze - when I clicked on check availability. In the past I have been logged on early and kept hitting refresh, sometimes that works and sometimes it jams. This time I clicked on check availability right at 9 AM. Tried two computers - went in and out several times when the system timed out - nothing until well past 9:30 AM.
So, I took off work and have nothing - other than aggravation - to show for it. Guess it is just luck - like trying to buy hot tickets at ticket master.

Wonder if they are using a new server now that the Destination Points program is online? Another Tugger mentioned having the same problems as me - neither of us have had that issue before...........

Well last week, I did a trial run after 9AM and had the same problems you described. This week I made sure that I was on the availability page well before the 9AM crunch.

I'm sorry you had problems. Hopefully you can get a good week.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I have never, ever had a problem booking a week I wanted at Grande Vista. I figured it was probably because the resort was so big. This year was a different story. I wanted to book Easter week, so I went on-line shortly after 9:00 on Tuesday, the first day I should've been allowed to book that week. When it showed the calendar, it didn't show Easter week yet. The available booking dates only went up to the day before. I figured I must've gotten it wrong and I should wait until next week.

The next day (yesterday) I decided to check again, and lo and behold, Easter week now showed up in the calendar as available. However, the Saturday check-in was not available. This didn't matter to me (normally it would) since I plan on trading that week anyway, but this year was the first time I ever had trouble booking a high-index week at MGV.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just on phone with them. Their system was donw. Up now (1pm PST).

hcarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just on phone with them. Their system was donw. Up now (1pm PST).

Too bad that when their system is down during prime booking times, they don't try to accomodate some of the owners that were quite obviously online at 9 AM (logged in) and trying to get in by offering up "blocked inventory" like that which is used by sales staff and/or Marriott hotels for rentals - substitute their inventory with some less prime weeks. I know this will likely never happen now that Marriott is separate from MVCI.

Hopefully those owners that have problems will complain to MVCI so they will beef up their server.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Hi Hcarman,

So very sorry to hear about your experience this morning. As a new Maui Ocean Club member, it was only my 2nd time to book this year. I had the same frustrating experience. I was all set on the 1st possible date to book our rez, on the computer and dialing in repeatedly a couple of minutes before 9am. I was the 1st call to my advisor that morning and NOTHING was available. Nothing. I could not believe it. I feel your pain. Truly. :(

I pray it doesn't take you as long as it did me to book. I was wanting 3 weeks in Feb 2013. I changed my work schedule 3 different Mondays to be able to be at the ready at 9am. I did not get everything I needed until the 12 month inventory was released. Augh!! Everyone here on TUG has been terrific to give this long-time DVC member advice on how in the heck to make my spankin' new Napili tower purchase work for us. Great suggestions here. I'm sending a prayer your way! :)

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to book online yesterday for Desert Springs II (they have Thursday check-ins). System was down at 5:58 AM PST. I was able to hop on my cell and get my Easter week. I was so frustrated. It is so tough when you have to travel during public holidays. I hope your vacation comes together.

hcarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Vacation Club said they would continue to check for cancellations, but that was just for yesterday, so I wasn't holding my breath which was good because I never heard back.
I did send an e-mail with my frustrations yesterday evening - if I hear back I am sure it will just be a canned response.
I have had very good luck with Marriott International staff when I have had hotel related problems, not so good with MVCI.

I will keep my fingers crossed for all of us that got closed out of what we wanted at 9:00 AM! I have had some luck with Interval in the past - getting back into the week I wanted - but there is a fee and you are not "technically" there for your owners week anymore -might not have the same luck getting into your room of choice.