• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anybody been to "Kitchen Table" on Kauai ?

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone been here ? All reviews on YELP are five star. Looks like they just do Sunday brunch, "Ahi LeLe Fire Show" ("Hawaii's Only Exclusive 3 Course Dinner Fire Show and Polynesian Culinary Experience!" ) and special events. The brunch sounds wonderful. $45.00 per adult, $60.00 with unlimited champagne/mimosas. I think we will be trying this in January !

http://www.yelp.com/biz/kitchen-table-kilauea-2

4900 Kuawa Rd
Kilauea, HI
Phone number (808) 639-5960
Business website destinationeventshawaii.com/C…

From their website:
Every Sunday - Spectacular Sunday Brunch

Come join us for Brunch Service at our Specialty Restaurant “Kitchen Table” at Common Ground. Enjoy the venue you all remember and see how the Garden is flourishing, the products are local, fresh, better than ever, and our service is impeccable. From the many unique buffet stations to our Chefs’ made-to-order specialty creations, our menu is all house made to be the best and freshest possible. We will be offering our best intentions with the freshest ingredients from our Local Farmers and Fisherman! For sample menu, click here. For additional information, times and reservations (highly recommended) please call (808) 639-5960 or email Jen at Jen@Destinationeventshawaii.com.

A review from YELP:

"My wife and I had the distinct pleasure of spending our Sunday morning enjoying brunch at the Kitchen Table. The first thing that stood out to us was the incredible customer service. It was as if our server, V, could sense when we needed her, and she always greeted us with a smile and a cheerful disposition. The spread was as impressive as it was delicious. In addition to traditional breakfast fare, there was sausage, pork belly, cheddar bacon biscuits with gravy, mango chutney ham, poke, shrimp, gluten-free pancakes, fresh fruit and jams, guava juice, starfruit mango surinam cherry juice (amazing!), and incredible bloody mary's. All fresh, all homemade, and all delicious. Usually when we go out to eat, we are disappointed because we are eating what we could have bought at Costco and cooked ourselves. At Kitchen Table, everything you eat is made from scratch, and you can taste the love they put into the food! Eating here was truly an experience, made even more memorable by the professional staff and incredible setting. Do yourself a favor and walk off the meal by exploring the grounds. You will not be disappointed. Highly recommended."

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Aloha,
We drove out there (exploring) last January, but the regular restaurant had closed. The sign said the facility was available for special events.
We hadn't seen the following story on The Garden Island http://thegardenisland.com/news/loc...cle_f1945978-43b0-11e4-bb73-77a16a5ea370.html
Our daughters are taking turns staying with us while we're in Princeville 3 weeks in January. We will be checking out/in each Sunday; not sure if we can fit it in but it sure sounds interesting.
Thanks for sharing.
For regular visitors to Kauai, this is the location of the former Guava Kai.
Jack

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jack, three weeks ? Lucky you ! We are only there for ten days. This is our 5th trip to Kauai, the second time staying in the Princeville area. If you have any "gems" like Kitchen Table to share, it would be most appreciated. Not just places to dine, anything at all.

Thanks.

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Anyone been here ? All reviews on YELP are five star. "

I did look at the review on Yelp..I would be careful because there are only 7 reviews and all seemed to be done around November. Also look at all the pictures and they look like they were taken by the restaurant...mostly very closeups of food displayed, not how it would look on your and my plate.

To me the pricing looks expensive with not much atmosphere...

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had brunch here on Sunday and would recommend it. They are definitely more interested in quality, not quantity. Not glitzy or fancy. They have two a la carte, made to order, hot entrees and the rest was buffet style. Don't expect huge lavish displays. We had a nice chat with the chef, a very likable young man who seemed happy to talk about the food with us and gave my husband some good hiking tips.

They are a working farm, and an after brunch hike to the stone dam on the trail that runs through their property was very pretty and well worth it. I had not heard of this before.

No view, only a very mellow guitar player. The server was a bit rushed at first and it took her awhile to get to us. We went with the champagne option and they kept it coming.

Great in-house made yogurt, five inch long whole shrimp, fresh poke, smoked local fish and fruit grown on premises. So sweet and juicy! Non seafood items included, dollar sizes bisquits with spicy sausage gravy, a savory bread pudding (outstanding) as well as pancakes with house made syrup, omlettes, eggs Benedict with pulled pork and more.

I'm not sure if I would bring kids here. This is not a eat and run place. You need time to relax and enjoy a small plate of this and then a small plate of that.