• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Wyndham/II Traders Receiving ACs Promised by II?

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2014 Wyndham was trying to force us to switch from II to RCI:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206019&highlight=letter

At the time, in a letter from Membership Marketing, II promised that if we stayed with II we would receive an Accommodation Certificate (AC) with every exchange confirmation through 12/2017:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213700&highlight=letter

I am wondering if any other Wyndham/II traders have received such ACs. We (my wife and I) chose to stay with II and started receiving such ACs in the summer of 2014 with every confirmation as promised by II. We had never received ACs before and were skeptical about their value. We were pleasantly surprised to find them useful and they have given us several extra vacation opportunities, mostly in shoulder seasons. However, this year the ACs seem to have stopped. We had an exchange confirmation in January and no AC appeared. I made several calls to II with no help from the exchange reps nor from Customer Relations. One did take the time to look at our account and called back and said that our account is set to get ACs only with instant searches but he said he couldn't pursue the issue any further. Another asked me to fax a copy of the letter from II promising ACs which I didn't save. None of them would connect me with Membership Marketing or give me a phone number or email.

Has anyone else received any of these ACs? Are you still receiving them with recent confirmations. I am thinking I will write a letter on the issue to Membership Marketing and am wondering if anyone has a copy of the original letter from II promising the ACs for those of us who stayed with II.

I would appreciate hearing the experience of others and getting a copy of the letter, if possible.

Thank you.
Henry

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any Wyndham/II traders remaining?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Have you tried using the TUG II Members email box at the top of the Exchanging forum?

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes and yes

Wyndham II trader
Daniel

I suppose one of your yeses indicates that you have been receiving ACs with each Wyndham exchange confirmation. Have you received any recently? As I reported in my original post above, I did not receive an AC when I received an exchange confirmation at the beginning of January. I did receive one two days ago. Perhaps this was due to my numerous phone call conversations with various II reps. But this recent AC is, unlike the previous ones, of little use. Instead of being good for one year it is only for March through May and our travel plans for these months are already in place. The number of locations on the grid is small. And it cannot be used in an ongoing request. Since the letter promising the ACs did not say anything about the utility of the ACs I suppose I can't complain about the AC quality.

Do you, by any chance, have a copy of the letter that was sent out promising the ACs if we stayed with II?

Thanks,
Henry

Last edited:

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you tried using the TUG II Members email box at the top of the Exchanging forum?

No. Thanks for reminding me about it. I'll probably give it a try.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I As I reported in my original post above, I did not receive an AC when I received an exchange confirmation at the beginning of January. I did receive one two days ago. Perhaps this was due to my numerous phone call conversations with various II reps. But this recent AC is, unlike the previous ones, of little use. Instead of being good for one year it is only for March through May and our travel plans for these months are already in place. The number of locations on the grid is small. And it cannot be used in an ongoing request.

There is now a thread on the Exchange forum where folks are discussing, and complaining about, this AC. It is available to everyone under the "Deals" tab on the II website. So it is not one of those promised to Wyndham/II traders by II.

Last edited:

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
no I don't have a email but I just glad the I have II for wyndham points

Thanks
Daniel Northover