• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any travel plans for 2021?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Unless we win the Lottery (so we can afford to winter in FL) we'll be back to Belize (non-timeshare) for Jan., Feb. & March next year. We always spend a fall week at our St Augustine Beach timeshare and will also eventually book another 3-5 weeks with our points and maybe some Last Call Weeks spread throughout the year.

~Diane

Is Belize, really that much cheaper than FL? I might need to give that location at try

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Wow, after looking through this thread, maybe the question to ask is, "Is anyone staying HOME for 2021?" There's a lot of traveling going on in this group!!!!!
Timesharing rocks and for all the money tuggers save Timesharing they can use it for additional trips that are not timeshares.

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Motivated by this post - just booked Costa Rica , San Juan, with RCI for April 2021.
Beside this we will start new year wits several local ski weeks and go traditionally to Europe in May and June.
Hope to get some island time thru RCI for November/December.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Is Belize, really that much cheaper than FL? I might need to give that location at try
Yes it is -providing you don't want to stay in a 5* vacation condo in the tourist areas (San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, or Placencia to name a couple). We are in a small town on the mainland 12 miles south of the MX border. Groceries are almost the same cost as the USA/Canada if you buy local stuff. Imported or name brand is a lot more expensive. For example a bag of Doritos is about $9.00US, 1lb of Skippy Peanut Butter is nearly $10.00US, a can of Campbells soup is over $4.00, but a huge bag of locally made Tostito type chips are about $3.00US, a 1lb jar of peanut butter from Mexico is less than $2.00US and local chicken breasts are $1.33US/lb.
I'll be glad to answer any questions on wintering here.

~Diane

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm impressed! I don't have any 2021 dates locked in, but I'm sure we'll go on around 3 ski trips (2-7 days), and I've got my fingers crossed for a 10-14 day trip to Maui towards the end of 2021. My wife is hesitant to take our young kids, but our twin boys will be around 4 when I want to go. I think they'll be able to hack the flight.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
With my Bluegreen points we can book at 11 months out and that is the time new reservations show up on line.

So Sunday morning, which is 11 months out from a Saturday check in on Jan 16, 2021, I grabbed a seven night stay at Gulfstream Manor, a very hard one to get.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I’ll have to do something with 178K RCI points and 200K star options lol. Gonna be a busy year. Hope my family and friends want to travel

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
With my Bluegreen points we can book at 11 months out and that is the time new reservations show up on line.

So Sunday morning, which is 11 months out from a Saturday check in on Jan 16, 2021, I grabbed a seven night stay at Gulfstream Manor, a very hard one to get.
Congrats, John. So happy for you

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be in Boston in March 2021, for our grandson’s Bar Mitzvah. Mexico in April. Aruba weeks 51/52. If we can’t go to China in September 2020, we may be going in 2021! Since moving to Sarasota I don’t feel like I have to travel as much!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We will be in Boston in March 2021, for our grandson’s Bar Mitzvah. Mexico in April. Aruba weeks 51/52. If we can’t go to China in September 2020, we may be going in 2021! Since moving to Sarasota I don’t feel like I have to travel as much!
Mazel tov on your grandson, how exciting!

KeyWestSuz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banyan Resort - Key West, FL
Probably renting out my two weeks at the Banyan and going somewhere different. I've never been to the Virgin Islands, I would like to see St. Lucia, St. Kitts - something in the Caribbean, probably. Costa Rica has also been on my radar.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Probably renting out my two weeks at the Banyan and going somewhere different. I've never been to the Virgin Islands, I would like to see St. Lucia, St. Kitts - something in the Caribbean, probably. Costa Rica has also been on my radar.

Renting should be easy. In II they would have great trading value too. Did you end up going both weeks in 2019? If so, Did you like it or was it too much? I moved so couldn’t go, so I rented our units. Got there for our winter weeks. Added a third week for the fall at Coconut Beach Resort as I couldn’t get it at Banyan.

nvskier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation Club, 1862 David Wally's Hot Springs and Resort
Awesome trips!
Antarctica is pricey but it is amazing!! Did first cruise of the season (had perfect weather and did excursions every day while there) on Seabourn from Buenos Aries to Santiago and loved every minute. It was 21 days so the price of $11,000 did not seem so bad. Great ship and even greater crew! Terrific guest speakers and food was wonderful. It was a trip of a lifetime. Only regret is that we did not take the time to see Easter Island while we were in Chile. The flight there and back was long and expensive. I thought it was closer!

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Divi Little Bay
Sint Maarten, Divi Little Bay and Belair, March 2021. (Also going next month, but we have to book our home week 13 months out or it's released into points.) With the other 180k pts we have....need to figure something out!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sint Maarten, Divi Little Bay and Belair, March 2021. (Also going next month, but we have to book our home week 13 months out or it's released into points.) With the other 180k pts we have....need to figure something out!
I love Sint Maarten, used to own at Divi. It was a very special place for me and my departed husband. Haven’t gone since, I want my great memories, afraid it will turn to sadness if I go back.

Last edited:

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Divi Little Bay
That makes sense but is sad! Hoping it's still great this year, will let you know. :)

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you have any travel plans for 2021?

I am thrilled I already have my first winter vacation set for 2021.

Five weeks in a row, might add a sixth. I own the two fixed weeks at Banyan and got lucky with the others where I own flex weeks.

Eagles Nest, Marco Island

Banyan, Key West

Banyan, Key West

Surf Club, Marco Island

Eagles Nest, Marco Island

Can you tell where I love to go?

Now if I could only add a week in Sunrise Bay. Nobody sells their winter weeks. Maybe I will get lucky in getting a II or RCI trade.
Figure it is time to focus again on my travel for 2021. I added another week for Daytona 500, a surprise for my other half. He doesn’t know about it yet so if I find something better it can change.