• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any restrictions with Hilton Hotels

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that we can stay in any hiltonresort/hotel using HGVC points or HH points. Is there any restrictions on what kind of room are allowed to book with these 40K HH points/night or 2000 HGVC points/night.

The reason I am asking is we were looking to book a room at the Hilton Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island and they have a standard room for $199.00/night and also 1BR suite Ocean Front for about $499.00 per night.

Are we allowed to pick any room in that resort, or we can pick any which is available. I would like to know what a 40K HH or 2K HGVC points can buy me at that resort.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
No, only the standard room is available for reward stays. You can contact the hotel directly and see if they will allow you to pay cash for the upgrade room.

From HHonors Terms & Conditions - http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/terms.do#hotel_rewards
"Reward Stays are not subject to blackout dates or capacity controls. Reward Stays nights apply to standard rooms only, as defined by each hotel and subject to availability. "

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Upgrades are available on a space available basis. We are currently at the HHonors Diamond Level but will return to the Gold level at the end of April. We have had numerous upgrades to suites over the past three years. If you are at the Gold level, upgrades are also available but the Diamonds get them first. We had several upgrades when we were at HHonors Gold level as well. You will find out if you get an upgrade upon arrival. These upgrades come at no additional cost when available.

Last edited:

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
As a gold-level member, I've almost always gotten an upgrade on award stays. Although I wouldn't count on that ocean front suite even if you have status, you never know what will happen, depending on availability. The longer you stay, the harder it is to get a suite though.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Suite reward stays with Hilton?

I have booked suites with a reward stay, it just took more points, each individual hotel may have its own policies.

I know Marriottt and Starwood offer upgrade rewards. Which Hilton resorts were you able to do this with? within the US? outside the US?
The only Hilton upgrade reward that I know of is offered at the Hilton Waikoloa Village and it's not a suite upgrade (see details below)

From the Hilton Waikoloa website - http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/specials_and_packages/hilton_honors.cfm

Hilton Waikoloa Village Welcomes the Newest HHonors Rewards
Hawaii's Newest Hit: Upgrade Rewards

You can now redeem HHonors points for upgraded accommodations at the Hilton Waikoloa Village on Hawaii's Big Island, the first and only Hilton Family hotel on the planet to offer HHonors Upgrade Rewards.*

A standard room is only 40,000 HHonors points per night, or take your pick from one of the following upgraded room types:

-Partial ocean-view guest room-additional 5,000 HHonors points per night
-Deluxe ocean-view guest room-additional 10,000 HHonors points per night
-Lagoon Tower ocean-view guest room-additional 15,000 HHonors points per night

Enjoy this great new way to make your family's dream Hawaii vacation even better! You must call 1-800-HHONORS to book an Upgrade Reward.

*All offers and packages are subject to availability. Rates do not include taxes, gratuities, or other incidental charges. May not be combined with any other offers or discounts. Hilton HHonors® membership, earning of Points & Miles®, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I suggest that, B4 you go out and spend your hard-earned ClubPoints on a hotel room, that you check to see if Hilton is runnig a sale at the hotel, the effect of which would be to devalue your points.

Example: Until Feb. 12th, Hilton has a 1/2 off weekend B+B sale at its international hotels (prepayment required). I could'a had a free-night, but chose to book a room at that rate, and thereby save my points for a time when such a deal is not available.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Definitely checkout hotel promotions first. Here's a link to the special offers page - http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/promotions/
If you're new to HHonors, do a search on TUG using the word "HHonors" and read the old posts about VIP awards, Hilton AMEX card, AXON award, HHonors conversion, etc.

Here's the link to the international hotel sale
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/promoti...html?cid=OM,HH,JanSale,Offer&it=Offer,JanSale

We're extending this fantastic offer until the 12th February 2009. Make the most of up to 50% off select weekend breaks until the end of August including Easter, Valentines day, bank holidays and half term. Where will you go?

With more than 220 hotels in over 45 countries, there's no end to the experiences that await you.

And, once you’ve arrived, you’ll get a warm Hilton Family welcome with thoughtful extra touches.

NYC is on sale too...see link below

http://hiltonfamilynewyork.com/calendar.php

Now is the absolute best time to visit New York City. The Hilton New York, Millenium Hilton and Waldorf=Astoria have teamed together and are offering unprecedented deals now through 12/31/09. We haven’t seen rates this low in years.

Find the sale dates on the calendar below.

Hilton New York: Rates as low as $159 - Reserve Now (code NYSALE, 3 day adv. purchase)

Millenium Hilton: Rates as low as $159 - Reserve Now (code NYSALE)

Waldorf=Astoria: Rates as low as $175 - Reserve Now (code NYSALE, 14 day adv. purchase)

Terms and Conditions: Based on availability. Dates and rates are subject to change. Discounted rates require advance payment and are non-refundable.

Last edited:

ctyatty

TUG Member
Reaction score
upgrades not on the website

Washington DC booked two reward rooms, asked for a suite, they said sure. Had a bayview upgrade in San Diego, got a 3 room suite in Tulsa, seems like they are always are glad to help a gold level, never have been diamond, got close a couple times.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Washington DC booked two reward rooms, asked for a suite, they said sure. Had a bayview upgrade in San Diego, got a 3 room suite in Tulsa, seems like they are always are glad to help a gold level, never have been diamond, got close a couple times.

Thanks for the info.