• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any recent experience renting weeks on redweek?

IndianaTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday
Since 1982
Did you get the full service? I am thinking of doing that, but also advertising my Easter week in Mexico
Reservation on Tug. I don’t know if Red Week allows cross advertising. I am new at renting out my weeks. Thank you.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Yes, you can cross advertise. I do.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I could not rent out my 1 bedroom Westin Maui oceanfront for Jan 2020. Which I thought was unusual as price was one of the lowest for that week.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I could not rent out my 1 bedroom Westin Maui oceanfront for Jan 2020. Which I thought was unusual as price was one of the lowest for that week.
How long did you have the listing up for? I don't know Westin that well but assumed all prime name brand Maui OF units rent if out there long enough and priced competitively. Was it a Friday check-in? Did you list on multiple sites like Facebook, Vacation Candy? When did you give up? I know some have found renters 2 weeks or less than check-in. I also wonder if Redweek has ruined it for renters because they now rent their units and complete with us owners which to me is a conflict of interest but not much you can do about it.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It was up 4 months, Westin OF usually rents well, it was a 1 bedroom OF priced $2800, only listed on redweek, gave up 60 November 30 at 60 day point. I rebooked for Saturday august 15 in same 1 bedroom OF to try to rent that time (unfortunately school probably starts so may not work either).

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you didn't sign up for a Full Service Rental on your week (which costs $79.99/$59.99 on sale plus another $99 when they find a renter vs. the normal do-it-yourself rental cost of $29.99), someone is trying to scam you. If somehow you signed up for a full service rental by accident, then yes, you don't get paid until after the guest checks in. Here is their policy.

How will I be paid?

RedWeek processes your renter's payment as soon as you accept the offer. The funds will be disbursed to you within two business days after the check-in date, barring any material disputes, as outlined in the rental agreement.

Can the renter cancel and get a refund?
Unless otherwise specified in the posting, the default cancellation policy is as follows: If Renter cancels at least 60 days prior to check-in, 50% of the total rental amount will be paid to the owner as a cancellation penalty, less agreed-upon fees. For cancellations less than 60 days prior to check-in, the penalty is 100% less fees.
This isn't a bad thing per se and RW has a better cancellation policy vs. Airbnb which allows guests to cancel up to 7 days prior for 50% whereas RW only allows 60 days before check-in for 50% refund.

Amazing you brought this up. I have been using redweek for the past 15yrs to rent my HGVC timeshare. This past week I receive an email from their rental dept. They have rented one of my units and I’m to immediately change the reservation to their renter. They have never done this in the past. Also, as an owner they never made me aware that they had a rental dept. and how it was to operate.
I will then receive my money when the guest checks in. Which in my case is over six months away. I’m very uncomfortable letting Redweek have unfettered use of my money for this extended period of time.
I have always used Redweek rental agreement and the use of First American Title for escrow services. It has always worked well for me. I know others on this forum use their own methods and disagree on the use of an escrow service.

Has anyone used Redweeks new rental service and what are your thoughts?

This happened to me also and I must admit to being alarmed by it for this reason. Redweek did not have a week listed for rent like the one I was offering. The renter they found for me was obviously a RW customer so why didn't the customer find me herself? It's not like RW had an ad up that just rented and someone inquired and they said "Well we just rented the week we were listing but we do have another week to offer" and then they come to me. They had no ad up so what led the customer to them? I'm somewhat concerned they are funneling the renters to them somehow. This example just doesn't make sense and is what stokes my suspicions.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
How long did you have the listing up for? I don't know Westin that well but assumed all prime name brand Maui OF units rent if out there long enough and priced competitively. Was it a Friday check-in? Did you list on multiple sites like Facebook, Vacation Candy? When did you give up? I know some have found renters 2 weeks or less than check-in. I also wonder if Redweek has ruined it for renters because they now rent their units and complete with us owners which to me is a conflict of interest but not much you can do about it.
And have noticed my Friday rental so far hasn’t rented but there are many still available. I’m thinking it will be a frenzy the last 30 days.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was up 4 months, Westin OF usually rents well, it was a 1 bedroom OF priced $2800, only listed on redweek, gave up 60 November 30 at 60 day point. I rebooked for Saturday august 15 in same 1 bedroom OF to try to rent that time (unfortunately school probably starts so may not work either).
You didn't list is soon enough if it were possible. Also for the first time for 2020 I split my 14 weeks between winter and summer because the summer actually does have the highest demand and the summer weeks went very fast so I deciding if I go exclusively with summer weeks going forward because if you think about it the summer weeks is when families with school age kids travel and that is the single biggest factor that drives demand so its a real consideration for me.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And have noticed my Friday rental so far hasn’t rented but there are many still available. I’m thinking it will be a frenzy the last 30 days.
People don't realize there is alot of activity within 60 days. With that said they are usually the low ballers but if you need to rent a unit they are usually there. I believe if you have a Maui view unit at a name brand resort and list it at 12 months at a good price, close to the low, it will rent almost 100% of the time.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Idid
People don't realize there is alot of activity within 60 days. With that said they are usually the low ballers but if you need to rent a unit they are usually there. I believe if you have a Maui view unit at a name brand resort and list it at 12 months at a good price, close to the low, it will rent almost 100% of the time.[/QUOT
correctiom I listed 9 months in advance and had 1 person say they would take it than when requested deposit they ghosted me.